What are you all up to

Oneputt replied on 13/12/2016 07:57

Posted on 13/12/2016 07:57

Got back from Fisher Field yesterday after a great weekend away.  Downside is van is filthy bit that will have to wait, more important jollities to enjoytongue-out House more or less decorated although not bothering with outside

robsail replied on 30/01/2017 21:17

Posted on 30/01/2017 20:54 by milliehull

Tammy, if you are in Peterborough City centre and fancy morning coffee Carluccios do coffee and pastry for £1.99. I can recommend it. They do lovely pastries.laughing

Posted on 30/01/2017 21:17

If only I was in the area! Maybe not the diet has kicked in!

replied on 30/01/2017 21:29

Posted on 28/01/2017 10:01 by HelenandTrevor

Good to hear you are surviving the cold Malcolm,  just hope you're not making Mrs M cook outside in the cold awning. 😉😂

Posted on 30/01/2017 21:29

It does warm up in the awning when the sun comes out but unfortunately, there's not been much of that over the last few days. Even when the sun does come out, it's only there for about a couple of hours before it sets behind the hill.

replied on 30/01/2017 21:35

Posted on 30/01/2017 16:25 by DavidKlyne

Special treat today, went to the hospital to see the orthopaedic surgeon about my knee. Had X-rays on both knees before seeing him. The good news is that the bad knee does not seem to have deteriorated much in the two years since the last X-ray although it's still in pretty poor shape. His advice was that if I was managing it not to go for the operation until it really needs doing and he said only I would know when that was. Interestingly he said that about 20% of patients that have the operation continue to suffer from pain. The pain in the knee is manageable but I also get a lot of lower back pain but his view was that it would not be the knee causing that so I have to discuss that as a separate issue with my doctor. So for the moment I have been discharged from regular appointments which at least make holiday planning a bit easier!!!

David

Posted on 30/01/2017 21:35

I am lucky David. Local Hospital have my holiday dates and fit around!!

triky auto replied on 31/01/2017 08:44

Posted on 31/01/2017 08:44

undecided Another grey cloudy morning ,here in East Kent. " Tiss Mizzle  me dear"  as they say !!One boat out yesterday ,another to be put in today .A bit of maintenance too.Keeps me occupied  wink.

triky auto replied on 31/01/2017 08:44

Posted on 31/01/2017 08:44

undecided Another grey cloudy morning ,here in East Kent. " Tiss Mizzle  me dear"  as they say !!One boat out yesterday ,another to be put in today .A bit of maintenance too.Keeps me occupied  wink.

papgeno replied on 31/01/2017 09:06

Posted on 31/01/2017 09:06

Off to the hospital this morning for what I hope is the last time. Seeing the surgeon who did my knee. It's still a bit sore but getting better all the time. They did say it could take up to six months for all the gubbings inside to heal. Hopefully I won't be one of the 20% that David mentioned. Got to have an X-ray first, I suppose to see if everything is still in the right place.

cyberyacht replied on 31/01/2017 10:25

Posted on 31/01/2017 08:44 by triky auto

Posted on 31/01/2017 10:25

You know spring is one the way when you can smell fresh antifoul on the air. wink

DavidKlyne replied on 31/01/2017 10:51

Posted on 31/01/2017 09:06 by papgeno

Off to the hospital this morning for what I hope is the last time. Seeing the surgeon who did my knee. It's still a bit sore but getting better all the time. They did say it could take up to six months for all the gubbings inside to heal. Hopefully I won't be one of the 20% that David mentioned. Got to have an X-ray first, I suppose to see if everything is still in the right place.

Posted on 31/01/2017 10:51

Hi Papgeno

Hope you get on OK at the hospital and glad you are making progress. I know lots of people who have had knees replaced and seem perfectly happy that they have been done. I think the trouble is that none of us can really understand how it affects another individual. At a push I can still walk a couple of miles despite the discomfort. I think the surgeon was being realistic in pointing out that for some the outcome might not be as good as they hoped. On the other hand a hip replacement operation has a much higher success rate and usually brings immediate relief of pain, usually from the day after the operation. I will watch your progress with interest.

David

DavidKlyne replied on 31/01/2017 10:57

Posted on 30/01/2017 19:14 by DSB

On reflection David, my advice would be to leave it until really necessary.  I've not been 100% happy with my left knee replacement - I'm putting off having my right knee done until really necessary.  I still sometimes get pain in my 'new knee', but not as much - it just doesn't feel the same somehow.  Kneeling is not very comfortable, but not painful - just difficult to explain.  On the other hand the shoulder replacements were really good.

Anyway, the next thing is left hip x-ray this week, although I suspect my main problem in this area is sciatica.

David 

Posted on 31/01/2017 10:57

David

That is interesting and sort of backs up what the surgeon said to me. He did reassure me that I am not in any physical danger from the joint by not having it replaced but he has left the door open if it worsens and I suppose you get to the point where anything is better than the status quo.

Have you had a hip replaced before? If not it usually brings immediate relief from pain and I noticed a massive difference in quality of life so you should notice a positive difference. Recovery is usually a lot quicker compared to a knee. Good luck with that.

David

near Malvern Hills Club Campsite Member photo by Andrew Cole

Book a late escape

There's still availability at many popular UK Club campsites - find your perfect pitch today for a last minute trip!

Book now
Woman sitting in camping chair by Wastwater in the Lake District with her two dogs and picnic blanket

Follow us on Facebook

Follow the Caravan and Motorhome Club via our official Facebook page for latest news, holiday ideas, events, activities and special offers.

Photo of Wast Water, Lake District by Sue Peace
Visit Facebook