What are you all up to

Oneputt replied on 13/12/2016 07:57

Posted on 13/12/2016 07:57

Got back from Fisher Field yesterday after a great weekend away.  Downside is van is filthy bit that will have to wait, more important jollities to enjoytongue-out House more or less decorated although not bothering with outside

ABM replied on 29/01/2017 12:37

Posted on 29/01/2017 10:20 by HelenandTrevor

Hope you get pump sorted Triky.

Posted on 29/01/2017 12:37

Same  here  --  these  low  temps  are  not  conducive

to  "Water  Problems"  of  any  sort  surprised  !

Just  'copying  the  Sunday  Blurbs  Puzzle  Pages  so

Aged  Sister  will  have  something  to  occupy  her

evenings  when  not  watching  t.v.  & / or  knitting 

--  The  Devil  Makes  Work  etc  etc  wink  --  when  this 

is  done  I  will  curl  up  with  the  T.V.  myself  &  watch  the

Footy  etc  while  glancing  thro'  the  window  at  the  newly

M O T'd  &  serviced  'van  &  think  "  should  I give  it

a  bath tomorrow"  or  should I  leave  it  till  closer to

the middle  of  Feb  --  Cannot  take  a  mucky  'van

to  the  N.E.C.  now  can  I  wink  Decisions  Decisions  !!

Fisherman replied on 29/01/2017 13:34

Posted on 29/01/2017 13:34

Just back from Lady Margaret Park. On Wed night there were about a dozen units. On Friday night it increased to 40+.An even mx of M/H and Vans. So it seems there are plenty of vanes in the winter.

Wherenext replied on 29/01/2017 14:21

Posted on 29/01/2017 14:21

Picked the van up from the dealers today after its annual service. They found some water ingress in the front window area but traced the problem back to the rail over the windows being a bit loose. Fortunately we are still within the 6 year warranty period. Have to remember to take it in next year before the 6th.year runs out.

Bakers2 replied on 29/01/2017 16:55

Posted on 29/01/2017 16:55

Thanks for the congratulations, I'll pass them on.  Can't wait to see them and chat about plans, all up in the air at present I presume smile.  Best thing I can think of, as well as son's happiness etc is that our daughter and family could well be over to celebrate the nuptials too laughing as I understand our granddaughters have been asked to be flower girls. Sooooo excited.  Chatting to NZ tonight - I expect it will hit our pocket wink as they only have one wage coming in these days (might be the most painless way as don't fancy 26+ hour flight with at most a 4 and 1.5 year old surprised).  Ohhhhhh such excitment smile.

Milliehull sounds like you have a very talented family smile sounds like you had a lovely time. When will you know more about cathedral volunteering?

Hope all those of you with 'van 'issues' get them resolved very soon and fairly painlessly.

KJNell worry over children starts before they arrive and appears to continue until we no longer know how to worry.  I love the idea that you can follow the flights live across the world.  It's certainly what we have done on the outward and return flights for son to NZ,  seems to be even longer when you're not in the air LOL.  Naturally our children worry over us on our trips undecided.  I wish everyone safe trips.

robsail replied on 29/01/2017 17:13

Posted on 29/01/2017 17:13

That's it I have started booking up for our 2017 hols! She who must be obeyed has decided that as we have hospital appointments, sailing regattas, just before our summer sojourn we are not going down south! This year it will be Scotland!

Bakers2 replied on 29/01/2017 17:17

Posted on 29/01/2017 17:17

Lucky robsail.  We've not thought about ours yet, but hopefully that will be remedied within the nest few weeks.  Scotland sounds good to me, plenty to explore.

milliehull replied on 29/01/2017 17:54

Posted on 29/01/2017 17:54

Bakers, there is no clue as to when the volunteering duties in the Cathedral will start.  It is all up in the air at the moment as it is all very new. I think it could be another month at least so I will do some more shifts in the Visitor Centre so they don't forget me!! Gosh how exciting if you daughter and family come over for your son and future DIL's wedding.  Your Mum will be excited to see her great grand daughters as I presume she hasn't seen them 'in the flesh'.  Keep us posted.

nelliethehooker replied on 29/01/2017 21:42

Posted on 29/01/2017 21:42

B2, a very late congratulations from me. Hope all goes well leading up to the great event. Good news for you that those in NZ will becoming over for it, too.

Edit.   This damn site gets worse not better.

Oneputt replied on 30/01/2017 08:40

Posted on 30/01/2017 08:40

Busy day today, already booked to trips, one to Germany and one for my trip on the Flying Scotsman in May.  Now just off to start taking everything out the van in preparation for the floor replacement at the end of the week!

near Malvern Hills Club Campsite Member photo by Andrew Cole

Book a late escape

There's still availability at many popular UK Club campsites - find your perfect pitch today for a last minute trip!

Book now
Woman sitting in camping chair by Wastwater in the Lake District with her two dogs and picnic blanket

Follow us on Facebook

Follow the Caravan and Motorhome Club via our official Facebook page for latest news, holiday ideas, events, activities and special offers.

Photo of Wast Water, Lake District by Sue Peace
Visit Facebook