What are you all up to

Oneputt replied on 13/12/2016 07:57

Posted on 13/12/2016 07:57

Got back from Fisher Field yesterday after a great weekend away.  Downside is van is filthy bit that will have to wait, more important jollities to enjoytongue-out House more or less decorated although not bothering with outside

ABM replied on 30/01/2017 12:01

Posted on 30/01/2017 12:01

B R R R R  !!

Just  been  doing  the  much  needed  power  washing

round  the  bird  feeding  area.  Messy  little  B**##**s !!

Now  I'm  having  a  casual  5  on  CT  before  lunch

( Sorry  Malcolm  its  a  D I M job  today  innocent !!   )

Hope all  the  good  Folks on  here  are  getting  their

plans,  holidays  &  Pew  positions  sorted  for  the

summer  ( !!  Thats  Bakers2  &  and  MillieH  of 

course   wink  )

Stay  Fit,  Happy  &  Occupied  for  now   !!

Brian   A B M kiss

{ Edit   ==>  D I M    Doing  It  Myself  naturally smile  }

KjellNN replied on 30/01/2017 14:51

Posted on 30/01/2017 14:51

Getting ready for my bus trip to London tonight to renew my passport, checking I have all the correct documents etc.

Hopefully will get some sleep on the way down, I have booked a bunk, but only seats on the way back tomorrow, so it will be a long day.

Free hot and  old drinks and snacks are provided, so I will pack some fruit and get a sandwich for lunch tomorrow to keep me going.

Cold here today, sun earlier, but cloudy now.

DSB replied on 30/01/2017 15:59

Posted on 30/01/2017 15:59

Not as cold here this morning, but it's gone a ltitle colder now, late afternoon.  Out shopping, at the moment.  Carol has gone into Lidl and I am keeping the dog company in the car.  Seems a good division of labour to me!! laughing

David 

Metheven replied on 30/01/2017 16:10

Posted on 30/01/2017 16:10

Just had some new tyres on the caravan wheels, storage has sharp stone/rubble so dug out two squares, laid some sand and plonked two slabs down to protect the tyres. Now ready for the motormover fit on Wednesday.

Booked the CL near the tunnel for end of April and paid the Dart charge.

DavidKlyne replied on 30/01/2017 16:25

Posted on 30/01/2017 16:25

Special treat today, went to the hospital to see the orthopaedic surgeon about my knee. Had X-rays on both knees before seeing him. The good news is that the bad knee does not seem to have deteriorated much in the two years since the last X-ray although it's still in pretty poor shape. His advice was that if I was managing it not to go for the operation until it really needs doing and he said only I would know when that was. Interestingly he said that about 20% of patients that have the operation continue to suffer from pain. The pain in the knee is manageable but I also get a lot of lower back pain but his view was that it would not be the knee causing that so I have to discuss that as a separate issue with my doctor. So for the moment I have been discharged from regular appointments which at least make holiday planning a bit easier!!!

David

Tammygirl replied on 30/01/2017 18:07

Posted on 30/01/2017 18:07

Great weekend with the kids and gkids, now a couple of days to recover. 

Arrived at Ferry Meadows this afternoon, managed a short walk around the small lake before it got dark. Last time we were here it did nothing but rain so here's hoping this time we get out and about.

KJ, hope your overnight trip goes well.

Bakers,  congrats to the young ones. Exciting times ahead.

DSB replied on 30/01/2017 19:14

Posted on 30/01/2017 16:25 by DavidKlyne

Special treat today, went to the hospital to see the orthopaedic surgeon about my knee. Had X-rays on both knees before seeing him. The good news is that the bad knee does not seem to have deteriorated much in the two years since the last X-ray although it's still in pretty poor shape. His advice was that if I was managing it not to go for the operation until it really needs doing and he said only I would know when that was. Interestingly he said that about 20% of patients that have the operation continue to suffer from pain. The pain in the knee is manageable but I also get a lot of lower back pain but his view was that it would not be the knee causing that so I have to discuss that as a separate issue with my doctor. So for the moment I have been discharged from regular appointments which at least make holiday planning a bit easier!!!

David

Posted on 30/01/2017 19:14

On reflection David, my advice would be to leave it until really necessary.  I've not been 100% happy with my left knee replacement - I'm putting off having my right knee done until really necessary.  I still sometimes get pain in my 'new knee', but not as much - it just doesn't feel the same somehow.  Kneeling is not very comfortable, but not painful - just difficult to explain.  On the other hand the shoulder replacements were really good.

Anyway, the next thing is left hip x-ray this week, although I suspect my main problem in this area is sciatica.

David 

Wherenext replied on 30/01/2017 19:21

Posted on 30/01/2017 19:21

Good luck, David.

Have a good time Tammy. We'll be looking to get a break away soon now that the van has had a service.

Busy day today as we were out of food. Then this afternoon we went to pick up a new tablet for Mrs. WN as her Samsung is in its last throes.

Whilst out this morning I bought my first suit in over 20 years. It's sad to say that I am anticipating having to attend a few funerals soon and I have lost so much weight since buying my last outfit that at the last funeral I attended the corpse looked healthier than me. Anyway I didn't want to leave it to the last minute. 

milliehull replied on 30/01/2017 19:37

Posted on 30/01/2017 19:37

Enjoy Ferry Meadows Tammy. I hope the weather keeps dry for you. Don't forget to visit the Cathedral and the new Visitor Centre!

milliehull replied on 30/01/2017 20:54

Posted on 30/01/2017 20:54

Tammy, if you are in Peterborough City centre and fancy morning coffee Carluccios do coffee and pastry for £1.99. I can recommend it. They do lovely pastries.laughing

near Malvern Hills Club Campsite Member photo by Andrew Cole

Book a late escape

There's still availability at many popular UK Club campsites - find your perfect pitch today for a last minute trip!

Book now
Woman sitting in camping chair by Wastwater in the Lake District with her two dogs and picnic blanket

Follow us on Facebook

Follow the Caravan and Motorhome Club via our official Facebook page for latest news, holiday ideas, events, activities and special offers.

Photo of Wast Water, Lake District by Sue Peace
Visit Facebook