What are you all up to

Oneputt replied on 13/12/2016 07:57

Posted on 13/12/2016 07:57

Got back from Fisher Field yesterday after a great weekend away.  Downside is van is filthy bit that will have to wait, more important jollities to enjoytongue-out House more or less decorated although not bothering with outside

Tammygirl replied on 31/01/2017 12:55

Posted on 31/01/2017 12:55

Dull but not raining at Ferry Meadows today.

Thanks MH and WTG, looking forward to exploring the city this time, coffee sounds nice smile

OH not a happy bunny this morning, just realised he has left the head bit of his extended cleaning thingy at the CL we have just left. Only found out when he decided he was going to give the car windows a clean before we go out, he's got the pole bit but no shaggy head cloth that goes on it now (he used it then left it out to dry). I'm not happy either as its mine he borrowed, because he left his one at home yell one of these days he WILL remember to check before he leaves, he's a flipping nightmare, then he gets all grumpy. He's always telling the kids and gkids off for not looking after things, dare I remind him of that undecided

Tammygirl replied on 31/01/2017 12:57

Posted on 31/01/2017 12:57

Anyone know why this thread has now got a duplicate one running in the "Ask the Experts"  I've noticed this happening on a couple of other threads as well

KjellNN replied on 31/01/2017 12:59

Posted on 31/01/2017 12:59

Now on the bus back to Glasgow.  Passport application successfully lodged, just have to wait for it to arrive in the post.

I was somewhat taken aback to be told at the embassy that I have been stateless since 2012, despite holding a valid Norwegian passport.  surprised

Something to do with not having actually lived in Norway for a while, you would think they would let you know about something like that!

Now looking into the exact rules to see what I need to do, if anything, in the future.

Wreaker replied on 31/01/2017 13:03

Posted on 31/01/2017 13:03

Just booked the Dover/Calais ferry for Friday.  Going to try and find somewhere warmer for a couple of weeks or so.  Not sure where yet.

Tammygirl replied on 31/01/2017 13:10

Posted on 31/01/2017 12:57 by Tammygirl

Anyone know why this thread has now got a duplicate one running in the "Ask the Experts"  I've noticed this happening on a couple of other threads as well

Posted on 31/01/2017 13:10

Strange its changed to something else now.

Even stranger its changed back to this post now, has anyone noticed this before, it appears every time someone posts it duplicates it in the "Ask the Experts" bit.

huskydog replied on 31/01/2017 13:20

Posted on 31/01/2017 13:20

just booked my motorhome in for it's MOT, service and cam belt for next month , just need to sell lots of Bonio to pay for it surprised

Wherenext replied on 31/01/2017 14:12

Posted on 31/01/2017 13:10 by Tammygirl

Strange its changed to something else now.

Even stranger its changed back to this post now, has anyone noticed this before, it appears every time someone posts it duplicates it in the "Ask the Experts" bit.

Posted on 31/01/2017 14:12

Yes, Tammy, its been noted. It seems to flag up whatever the last post is. 

Been reported in the Snagging List.

KjellNN replied on 31/01/2017 14:21

Posted on 31/01/2017 14:21

Making  good progress, well past Milton Keynes already.  Seat is very comfortable.  The bunk last night was quite firm, but I did sleep most of the way.

Update e mail from Norwegian Embassy.....

My passport will take longer than usual to be issued but they have tracked down the problem, it's not really anything to do with having been out of the country too long.

Norway has a Folkeregister to keep track of everyone and when you move house, or country, you need to tell them.  I did this correctly, but apparently when they got a new computer system in 2012 the records of those who moved abroad between 1969 and 1972 were not migrated correctly and they "lost" me.

This only comes to light if you apply for a new passport or tell them you have moved again.  We have lived at the same address since 1988, and my passport dates from 2007, so I fell through all the cracks.

I had to give my parents full names and date and place of birth to prove they were my parents, and they have now managed to trace my records.

I find this very strange since I receive a pension from Norway, and have a Tax record there, which are both linked to my personal ID number in the Folkeregister, so you would think they might have noticed that something was wrong before now.

I wonder how many citizens they have managed to "lose"!

brue replied on 31/01/2017 14:25

Posted on 31/01/2017 12:59 by KjellNN

Now on the bus back to Glasgow.  Passport application successfully lodged, just have to wait for it to arrive in the post.

I was somewhat taken aback to be told at the embassy that I have been stateless since 2012, despite holding a valid Norwegian passport.  surprised

Something to do with not having actually lived in Norway for a while, you would think they would let you know about something like that!

Now looking into the exact rules to see what I need to do, if anything, in the future.

Posted on 31/01/2017 14:25

Hope you have a good journey home. Is it worth considering dual nationality in the future?

edit I see you have had more info, hope all is ok!

near Malvern Hills Club Campsite Member photo by Andrew Cole

Book a late escape

There's still availability at many popular UK Club campsites - find your perfect pitch today for a last minute trip!

Book now
Woman sitting in camping chair by Wastwater in the Lake District with her two dogs and picnic blanket

Follow us on Facebook

Follow the Caravan and Motorhome Club via our official Facebook page for latest news, holiday ideas, events, activities and special offers.

Photo of Wast Water, Lake District by Sue Peace
Visit Facebook