What are you all up to

Oneputt replied on 13/12/2016 07:57

Posted on 13/12/2016 07:57

Got back from Fisher Field yesterday after a great weekend away.  Downside is van is filthy bit that will have to wait, more important jollities to enjoytongue-out House more or less decorated although not bothering with outside

JVB66 replied on 31/01/2017 16:14

Posted on 31/01/2017 16:14

Back from FM yesterday,after great time with friends (four outfits)good time except when a big rally came on for w/end including cc vice chairman? several including him just let their waste run onto pitchessurprised and others then emptied wastes into edge of pitches,hey hoyell also some thought 5mph was min speed and one way system was for othersundecided  

On another subject contacted caravan manufacturer yesterday ref problem with seats, had email reply this morning with direct tel number,after conversation with customer service, new seats on route to us by overnight courier ,resultsmile

robsail replied on 31/01/2017 16:24

Posted on 31/01/2017 16:24

Well what an upset! Brought in a spare 4pint carton of milk in from the fridge in the garage I managed to drop it from 9inches it promptly split contents all over the place!

You bet I cried over spilt milk!

Goldie146 replied on 31/01/2017 17:18

Posted on 31/01/2017 17:18

After a glorious, but cold, day yesterday we are back to horrible wind and rain. And I don't  even know how much rain! The rain gauge on our weather station has gone a bit dolally. Since just before Christmas it has been reporting excessive amounts of rain - up to 20+ inches a day. Googling the problem it may be that damp has got into the reed switch that controls the tipping mechanism. But as it's on top of a pole on top of a steep wet hill, the weather needs to improve considerably so we can get up there with the telehandler. Normally (after transmitting to the console and thence to the computer) it uploads the data to various websites, including our own. But avoid confusion and the building of Arks, I've stopped the upload. 

KjellNN replied on 31/01/2017 18:28

Posted on 31/01/2017 14:25 by brue

Hope you have a good journey home. Is it worth considering dual nationality in the future?

edit I see you have had more info, hope all is ok!

Posted on 31/01/2017 18:28

Getting UK citizenship would cost me £1100 plus, probably gone up since I last looked, and all that would do that I cannot do now is entitle me to vote.    After being here for 47 years, I do not think I would bother now.

Plus, Norway does not generally allow dual nationality, so I would have to hand in my Norwegian passport.

Bus should be in  Glasgow at 22.30, but we have had some hold ups on the M1, and now stuck in traffic in Manchester so looks like we will be at least an hour late in arriving.  DD is picking me up in town and delivering me home as OH does not like driving in the dark.

HelenandTrevor replied on 31/01/2017 18:41

Posted on 31/01/2017 18:41

Rather wet and miserable day, went to check van in storage, all seemed ok.smile Hopefully we can get away for a few days at the end if February.  

Made a lemon drizzle cake to use up some lemons lurking in the fridge.

Work this afternoon, still quiet, but picking up slowly.Heard from youngest son, he's found another house to rent, hoping this time there are no problems. undecided

brue replied on 31/01/2017 18:48

Posted on 31/01/2017 18:48

Hope your son finds a place to live soon Helen.

Thanks for your reply KJ hope you don't have any further delays, quite a journey!

HelenandTrevor replied on 31/01/2017 19:18

Posted on 31/01/2017 18:48 by brue

Hope your son finds a place to live soon Helen.

Thanks for your reply KJ hope you don't have any further delays, quite a journey!

Posted on 31/01/2017 19:18

Thanks Brue, he starts his new job in two weeks, so we are keeping everything crossed.

KjellNN replied on 31/01/2017 19:19

Posted on 31/01/2017 19:19

Looking like we will be 90 minutes late arriving, unless the driver puts his foot down further north.  We still have to stop at Lancaster Campus.

Will be late for DD, and she has to be up at 7 tomorrow for work.  I will suggeat that OH braves the dark and meets me at DD's house, which is about halfway between town and our house, save her about 20 minutes.

near Malvern Hills Club Campsite Member photo by Andrew Cole

Book a late escape

There's still availability at many popular UK Club campsites - find your perfect pitch today for a last minute trip!

Book now
Woman sitting in camping chair by Wastwater in the Lake District with her two dogs and picnic blanket

Follow us on Facebook

Follow the Caravan and Motorhome Club via our official Facebook page for latest news, holiday ideas, events, activities and special offers.

Photo of Wast Water, Lake District by Sue Peace
Visit Facebook