What are you all up to

Oneputt replied on 13/12/2016 07:57

Posted on 13/12/2016 07:57

Got back from Fisher Field yesterday after a great weekend away.  Downside is van is filthy bit that will have to wait, more important jollities to enjoytongue-out House more or less decorated although not bothering with outside

triky auto replied on 01/02/2017 08:40

Posted on 01/02/2017 07:45 by huskydog

Has every one hibernated ????, where's all the chat and questions gone ???

Atleast there's .Motorhomefun ,it's all happening theresmile 

Posted on 01/02/2017 08:40

undecided Things should pick up ,after people come out of 'hibernation' and start to sort out touring and holidays H.D.

Miserable morning here in East Kent,drizzle & wind from the South.Won't be doing much today at the B/Yd.

milliehull replied on 01/02/2017 08:45

Posted on 01/02/2017 08:45

Its very easy to use CY. It is organised into sections if that is what you want.  Otherwise you get a list of the threads that are active on any particular day if you want to follow or comment on them.  Nice friendly crowd.

huskydog replied on 01/02/2017 08:55

Posted on 01/02/2017 08:38 by cyberyacht

I'm on the verge of jumping ship as well. I had a quick look at Caravan Chat yesterday and see quite a few 'exiles' there. A preliminary examination suggests that there is just a straight list of topics rather than organised in sections which doesn't seem very useful. Can anyone familiar with it reassure me as to its usability?

Posted on 01/02/2017 08:55

As long as you pass the  initation test coolwink

HelenandTrevor replied on 01/02/2017 09:20

Posted on 31/01/2017 20:45 by milliehull

Hope you get home safely soon Kj.

Glad your son has found another house to rent Helen. Fingers crossed for his house and his new job.

Another shift in the Visitor Centre this morning. Much busier than last week so really interesting and good fun. Also a school party with their teacher. They were all really polite nice children.

Posted on 01/02/2017 09:20

Sounds like you are enjoying volunteering in the visitor centre  Millie. We are hoping to get away towards the end of the month, Ferry Meadows site looks like a possibility at the moment. 

HelenandTrevor replied on 01/02/2017 09:32

Posted on 01/02/2017 08:38 by cyberyacht

I'm on the verge of jumping ship as well. I had a quick look at Caravan Chat yesterday and see quite a few 'exiles' there. A preliminary examination suggests that there is just a straight list of topics rather than organised in sections which doesn't seem very useful. Can anyone familiar with it reassure me as to its usability?

Posted on 01/02/2017 09:32

I can't see what everyone is having problems with, apart from being slightly slower, I have found CT ok.The CL search however is not as good, and lots of problems with reviews etc. Have managed to use it well enough to enable me to book a couple for our summer holidays though.

I don't tend to use forums that much, but have taken a general look at some others and haven't been that impressed with any of them.undecided I don't think everyone "jumping ship" is going make things improve any quicker.Perhaps my son who has just got a job with the co-op bank digital team to make their website easier to navigate and use should have applied to work for the CC! wink

brue replied on 01/02/2017 11:46

Posted on 01/02/2017 11:46

Without CT I expect problems with the new web site would have emerged much more slowly. But until the CL and rally section are improved and even the poor old story section gets a look in (so much lost on there!) It won't get my seal of approval. But this isn't a comparison with other forums because it's the main CC web site that needs sorting and CT appears to be running OK for many of us.

Metheven replied on 01/02/2017 12:00

Posted on 01/02/2017 12:00

But this isn't a comparison with other forums because it's the main CC web site that needs sorting and CT appears to be running OK for many of us.

Exactly, sort out what matters first and although this Forum is integrated I'm happy to muddle along with it alongside the others I share time with smile

Bakers2 replied on 01/02/2017 13:35

Posted on 31/01/2017 21:14 by redface

I fell off my chair laughing!

There I was waiting for my car to be MOT'd and an elderly gent came into the garage, well agitated - he could hear an unusual noise whilst driving his car and could it be investigated?

Manager went out for a drive with him and that was the last I saw of the gent.

The noise was caused by a nodding meerkat on his dashboard.laughing

Posted on 01/02/2017 13:35

Thank you so much for this post it made me laugh out loud, as did my husband when I read it out to him. It's really brightened my day. Just feeling a little blue today, no idea why apart from grey and raining weather and things that need to be sorted but not in the to mood to do 🙄.

KjellNN replied on 01/02/2017 14:10

Posted on 01/02/2017 14:10

The day started out dull, but the sun has finally broken through the clouds, I'm feeling warmer already.

Had a good sleep last night, but still not totally recovered from 18 hours of rattling on UK roads!  If I was having to make this trip again, I would spend the day in London and book a bunk each way.  However, it was an interesting experience.  Never seen such a small toilet compartment anywhere before!

DavidKlyne replied on 01/02/2017 15:39

Posted on 01/02/2017 14:10 by KjellNN

The day started out dull, but the sun has finally broken through the clouds, I'm feeling warmer already.

Had a good sleep last night, but still not totally recovered from 18 hours of rattling on UK roads!  If I was having to make this trip again, I would spend the day in London and book a bunk each way.  However, it was an interesting experience.  Never seen such a small toilet compartment anywhere before!

Posted on 01/02/2017 15:39

Might it have been more comfortable if you had gone by train?

David

near Malvern Hills Club Campsite Member photo by Andrew Cole

Book a late escape

There's still availability at many popular UK Club campsites - find your perfect pitch today for a last minute trip!

Book now
Woman sitting in camping chair by Wastwater in the Lake District with her two dogs and picnic blanket

Follow us on Facebook

Follow the Caravan and Motorhome Club via our official Facebook page for latest news, holiday ideas, events, activities and special offers.

Photo of Wast Water, Lake District by Sue Peace
Visit Facebook