What are you all up to today? - part 3

RochelleCC replied on 14/06/2016 16:41

Posted on 14/06/2016 16:41

Hi everyone, as requested this thread has been started afresh, enjoy!

replied on 07/12/2016 09:12

Posted on 07/12/2016 09:12

After completing my booking, we had breakfast and I'm now relaxing in the caravan lounge area with the sun coming through this morning. Our caravan front window is facing south so that we can get the sun all day and given that the hours of daylight are so short at this time of the year, you just have to make the most of it for those few hours!

I think the art of winter caravanning is to position the caravan where you can get the maximum amount of daylight. On most cls and css you can choose which direction to pitch your outfit.

The site we are using at the moment is in an area of outstanding natural beauty in the South Downs National Park, yet only 5 miles from the Worthing town centre and long stay is permitted here.

It's £13 per night including electric hook-up. The site owner collects payment weekly in arrears.

Goldie146 replied on 07/12/2016 09:20

Posted on 07/12/2016 09:20

Well, I was ready and set up by 7.30. I clicked on my shortcut to the site and made sure I was logged in. I knew what I wanted and as the time ticked by I periodically refreshed the screen, and as the grandfather clock in the corner struck the hours, I clicked and booked - tickets to see Squeeze at Harrogate next October!

Who cares about caravan booking when you can get tickets in the pre-sale for my husband's favourite band

papgeno replied on 07/12/2016 09:30

Posted on 07/12/2016 09:30

Good to hear that you didn't suffer too much, papgeno, either with the removal of the staples and at the physio's. Your wound must be healing nice now.

Write your comments here...

Thanks. Yes it's looking good. The surgeon I had leaves the clips in for 14 days whereas most of the others have them taken out after 10. The physio said that his wounds are always good.

replied on 07/12/2016 09:42

Posted on 07/12/2016 09:42

Good to hear that you didn't suffer too much, papgeno, either with the removal of the staples and at the physio's. Your wound must be healing nice now.

Write your comments here...

Thanks. Yes it's looking good. The surgeon I had leaves the clips in for 14 days whereas most of the others have them taken out after 10. The physio said that his wounds are always good.

Write your comments here...That's good, papgeno. Now all you need is a nice place to visit for your next caravan holiday where full recovery can be completed!

replied on 07/12/2016 09:50

Posted on 07/12/2016 09:50

A balmy 8C on the East Coast this morning.  Listening to Chris Evans and he was talking about a chap called Max Woosnam, never heard of him so goggled. Sounds like a great guy that some of our modern day sports peeps could take as an example.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Max_Woosnam

Write your comments here...Yes, I noticed it was warmer last night here too! The forecast says milder weather ahead.

cyberyacht replied on 07/12/2016 10:27

Posted on 07/12/2016 10:27

2018 Surprised When you reach a certain age a year ahead is tempting fate, and next month is a bonus Laughing

It's when you start pondering the wisdom of two for one when shopping, you have to worry.

This topic has been locked, no new replies can be added.

near Malvern Hills Club Campsite Member photo by Andrew Cole

Book a late escape

There's still availability at many popular UK Club campsites - find your perfect pitch today for a last minute trip!

Book now
Woman sitting in camping chair by Wastwater in the Lake District with her two dogs and picnic blanket

Follow us on Facebook

Follow the Caravan and Motorhome Club via our official Facebook page for latest news, holiday ideas, events, activities and special offers.

Photo of Wast Water, Lake District by Sue Peace
Visit Facebook