What are you all up to today? - part 3

RochelleCC replied on 14/06/2016 16:41

Posted on 14/06/2016 16:41

Hi everyone, as requested this thread has been started afresh, enjoy!

Tammygirl replied on 07/12/2016 17:12

Posted on 07/12/2016 17:12

Very grey day here today but at 13c mild, we have a good breeze and it feels warm, makes a change from gale force winds that try to remove your clothesWink

No done an awful lot today other than sorting out OH's clothes etc. that he is taking on hols. 

Went out to see big sis and Mum as she was there today. Then went round retail park and bought a new shoe shrank for the hallway Smile all I need now is a mirror, I fancy a round one this time but haven't seen anything yet that's caught my interest.Frown

Haven't even looked in on site bookings will deal with that once we are back from this holiday. I did book a few sites for our January a week or so ago so here's hopeing the weather plays ball.

milliehull replied on 07/12/2016 17:26

Posted on 07/12/2016 17:26

I thought I would put up the outside xmas lights , how do they get tangled in the box when you put them away all nice and coiled up !!Yell, I don't like heights but managed to climb on the the porch roof to put the reindeer and other lights ,then when it was time to climb down I just froze ,took me about 20 mins to get down , Embarassed

Write your comments here...

I have every sympathy with you HD.  I couldn't have attempted that. I don't even like going up in the loft or stepladders. Glad you are back down safely..

milliehull replied on 07/12/2016 17:27

Posted on 07/12/2016 17:27

Wow - 16° and back to shorts and shirtsleeves for today's walk! Happy

And a very exciting day for us as we've just agreed a deal to upgrade our static to a newer model for next year ( not brand new unfortunately, some of the prices at the "boutique" site just up the road are simply eye-watering!). Staying in the same small family run site, so keeping all the same neighbours and friends we've made over the past 5 years. So that's our "block booking" done for 2017. Wink

Can't wait for January to come round now! Happy

Write your comments here...

How exciting moulesy Happy

replied on 07/12/2016 17:56

Posted on 07/12/2016 17:56

I got the email confirmation of my booking from this morning. The confirmation came just after 4 p.m.

Now we're out on a delivery. We had one afternoon city centre delivery and then an hour break after which it has been one after the other. The last delivery was in Lancing with very slow moving rush hour traffic along the coastal route. Then back to Worthing Macdonalds to do the next order.

Bakers2 replied on 07/12/2016 18:32

Posted on 07/12/2016 18:32

And a very exciting day for us as we've just agreed a deal to upgrade our static to a newer model for next year ( not brand new unfortunately, some of the prices at the "boutique" site just up the road are simply eye-watering!). Staying in the same small family run site, so keeping all the same neighbours and friends we've made over the past 5 years. So that's our "block booking" done for 2017. Wink

How exciting, is it January when it arrives? Will you have much 'packing' for the change?

Shorts today wet weather gear tomorrow by the look of the forecast .

I feel cooler today than when we had the cold bright weather despite thermometer suggesting 9c. Probably the dampness, not had rain, just grey and damp

Our post has just been delivered 1832

DEBSC replied on 07/12/2016 18:39

Posted on 07/12/2016 18:39

Pleased for you Mousley, hope you enjoy it. We finally bought our static in September, thanks for your advice then. We really love it, and, as with you, we have already made friends and have lovely neighbours. Worth doing all our research, as we are on a lovely site. Can't wait for next season. And, being really smug, it was good not to have to take part in the booking frenzy today. Enjoy your new van.

IanH replied on 07/12/2016 19:08

Posted on 07/12/2016 19:08

Very mild here today, although very busy so didn't get time to go out for a stroll.

Called for a replacement propane cylinder on the way home. Go Ourdoors were out of stock (again!) but managed to get one from a local shop for only 25p more, so that was good.

Too dark to fit it when I got home, will have a go in the morning.

IanH replied on 07/12/2016 19:10

Posted on 07/12/2016 19:10

Malcolm......glad to hear you've got a site booked. You ought to book some more and give you and Mrs M a few well deserved breaks.

This topic has been locked, no new replies can be added.

near Malvern Hills Club Campsite Member photo by Andrew Cole

Book a late escape

There's still availability at many popular UK Club campsites - find your perfect pitch today for a last minute trip!

Book now
Woman sitting in camping chair by Wastwater in the Lake District with her two dogs and picnic blanket

Follow us on Facebook

Follow the Caravan and Motorhome Club via our official Facebook page for latest news, holiday ideas, events, activities and special offers.

Photo of Wast Water, Lake District by Sue Peace
Visit Facebook