What are you all up to today? - part 3

RochelleCC replied on 14/06/2016 16:41

Posted on 14/06/2016 16:41

Hi everyone, as requested this thread has been started afresh, enjoy!

Goldie146 replied on 07/12/2016 10:49

Posted on 07/12/2016 10:49

2018 Surprised When you reach a certain age a year ahead is tempting fate, and next month is a bonus Laughing

It's when you start pondering the wisdom of two for one when shopping, you have to worry.

We were at a folk gig last Sunday - and the chorus to one of the songs (Hampshire Mummers Song), whilst sung along with gusto by the audience - has a sombre note.

Then bring us some of your Christmas ale,
And likewise your Christmas beer;
For when another Christmas comes
We may not all be here.

Metheven replied on 07/12/2016 11:07

Posted on 07/12/2016 11:07

2018 Surprised When you reach a certain age a year ahead is tempting fate, and next month is a bonus Laughing

It's when you start pondering the wisdom of two for one when shopping, you have to worry.

We were at a folk gig last Sunday - and the chorus to one of the songs (Hampshire Mummers Song), whilst sung along with gusto by the audience - has a sombre note.

We may not all be here.

Made me laugh, thought provoking but realistic Smile, a good reason not to introduce deposits on booking day I suppose Innocent

replied on 07/12/2016 12:40

Posted on 07/12/2016 12:40

We may not all be here.

Made me laugh, thought provoking but realistic Smile, a good reason not to introduce deposits on booking day I suppose Innocent

Write your comments here...Yes but it is also said that as long as there's life, there's hope!

huskydog replied on 07/12/2016 15:28

Posted on 07/12/2016 15:28

I thought I would put up the outside xmas lights , how do they get tangled in the box when you put them away all nice and coiled up !!Yell, I don't like heights but managed to climb on the the porch roof to put the reindeer and other lights ,then when it was time to climb down I just froze ,took me about 20 mins to get down , Embarassed

Bakers2 replied on 07/12/2016 15:37

Posted on 07/12/2016 15:37

Husky glad you're down safe and sound. Hope lights all work and you don't have to get up there again until they have to come down

I have to confess to once being the biggest tomboy going. Could climb the trees as high and often faster than the boys. Something happened with childbirth and I'm terrible with heights now. Wouldn't even attempt what you've done . I -'perform' in a similar way if I have to go into the loft. Four times in 30 years!! I got wobbly when my children climbed a slide, worse with granddaughter . My kids didn't know until I confessed a couple of years back so I hid it well .

JVB66 replied on 07/12/2016 15:39

Posted on 07/12/2016 15:39

I thought I would put up the outside xmas lights , how do they get tangled in the box when you put them away all nice and coiled up !!Yell, I don't like heights but managed to climb on the the porch roof to put the reindeer and other lights ,then when it was time to climb down I just froze ,took me about 20 mins to get down , Embarassed

..Did not think it is that cold now, but i suppose.thats the problem with four legs Wink

moulesy replied on 07/12/2016 15:56

Posted on 07/12/2016 15:56

Wow - 16° and back to shorts and shirtsleeves for today's walk! Happy

And a very exciting day for us as we've just agreed a deal to upgrade our static to a newer model for next year ( not brand new unfortunately, some of the prices at the "boutique" site just up the road are simply eye-watering!). Staying in the same small family run site, so keeping all the same neighbours and friends we've made over the past 5 years. So that's our "block booking" done for 2017. Wink

Can't wait for January to come round now! Happy

Natasha2 replied on 07/12/2016 15:59

Posted on 07/12/2016 15:59

Fabulous hot sunny day in Benidorm. Was never on our list of places to see but we are very pleasantly surprised, it's lovely.

you can tell the Brits a mile away we are the ones who are not in layers of clothes

JVB66 replied on 07/12/2016 16:03

Posted on 07/12/2016 16:03

Husky glad you're down safe and sound. Hope lights all work and you don't have to get up there again until they have to come down

I have to confess to once being the biggest tomboy going. Could climb the trees as high and often faster than the boys. Something happened with childbirth and I'm terrible with heights now. Wouldn't even attempt what you've done . I -'perform' in a similar way if I have to go into the loft. Four times in 30 years!! I got wobbly when my children climbed a slide, worse with granddaughter . My kids didn't know until I confessed a couple of years back so I hid it well .

...OH is/was the same with anthing above a step stool,until grandsprogs came along, she has since been on the london eye 7 times so farSurprised

Fisherman replied on 07/12/2016 16:03

Posted on 07/12/2016 16:03

Not getting caught up and hot under the collar with the booking frienzy.

This topic has been locked, no new replies can be added.

near Malvern Hills Club Campsite Member photo by Andrew Cole

Book a late escape

There's still availability at many popular UK Club campsites - find your perfect pitch today for a last minute trip!

Book now
Woman sitting in camping chair by Wastwater in the Lake District with her two dogs and picnic blanket

Follow us on Facebook

Follow the Caravan and Motorhome Club via our official Facebook page for latest news, holiday ideas, events, activities and special offers.

Photo of Wast Water, Lake District by Sue Peace
Visit Facebook