What are you all up to today? - part 3

RochelleCC replied on 14/06/2016 16:41

Posted on 14/06/2016 16:41

Hi everyone, as requested this thread has been started afresh, enjoy!

replied on 06/12/2016 20:20

Posted on 06/12/2016 20:20

Just completed another town centre delivery. The orders seem to be slowing down now.

nelliethehooker replied on 06/12/2016 20:26

Posted on 06/12/2016 20:26

Have a great trip TW, and early compliments of the season.

H&T take care on your way up to Castleton. Hope you have a good time ip there with your son et al.

papgeno replied on 06/12/2016 21:16

Posted on 06/12/2016 21:16

I'm off back to the hospital this morning to have the clips taken out. Not looking forward to that, a stiff drink and a bullet to bite on might be needed. As if that's not enough I've an appointment with the physiotherapist after that. I think they might have to scrape me off the ceiling .

Hope it all goes well. Just remember no gain without pain especially when it comes to physio .  Do be sure to ask about how much pain is expected and how much is too much when it comes to exercise. 

Write your comments here...

Thanks. It was nowhere near as painful as anticipated.20 odd staples but only one or two needed a bit of a wiggle to get out. The physiotherapy was a coddle. I managed to get the the GS's Christmas play this evening. They did Oliver , lots of good stuff considering they are key stage 2 kids

nelliethehooker replied on 06/12/2016 21:25

Posted on 06/12/2016 21:25

Good to hear that you didn't suffer too much, papgeno, either with the removal of the staples and at the physio's. Your wound must be healing nice now.

nelliethehooker replied on 06/12/2016 21:31

Posted on 06/12/2016 21:31

Drove into Preston Dock, to pop into Doves to see about a pair of roof bars for the new car. As we've to go back in early January for it's 3mth QC service they'll fit them then. It was a dull chilly day so we just had a walk around the docklands and along by the river, and then another short one when we got back to the van, as it was warming up. Rain this evening which was supposed to have stopped by now, but hasn't yet.

Bakers2 replied on 06/12/2016 21:35

Posted on 06/12/2016 21:35

Have had a lovely phone call from 8 year old grand-daughter in N.Ireland. She has been to see the panto in Belfast with the school - the whole school fitted on one coach! She had a wonderful time (I had a full account). 6 year old grandson also spoke to me to tell me that his guinea pig (Kevin) died last week but he got another one at the weekend. He has called this one Claude (!)

How lovely milliehull . Wow what a tiny school, unlike the junior school ours attended which has  expanded over the years and now has  about 1,000 pupils . How quickly the young move no, new guinea pig, love the names . I remember we lost a goldfish and were told flush it down the toilet! No Christian burial .

We had lovely Skype with our girls, baby is rolling halfway already and eldest singing us carols. Takes a while to settle down when we've said goodbye. They're off to sing carols with kindy at the local retirement village.

Out of interest I've stayed logged in for several hours even whilst we Skyped for an hour and a bit

JVB66 replied on 06/12/2016 21:40

Posted on 06/12/2016 21:40

Hope you get it sorted JVB. When the later bookings to March were released I booked a couple of sites and that's all I've done for next year, it's a good way to get York or Bristol. Can't think any further ahead at the moment.

..Really helpfull wardeness has taken details and will alter when they can access websiteSmile

...Email from cc at 1630 booking ammendedSmile

milliehull replied on 06/12/2016 21:56

Posted on 06/12/2016 21:56

Have had a lovely phone call from 8 year old grand-daughter in N.Ireland. She has been to see the panto in Belfast with the school - the whole school fitted on one coach! She had a wonderful time (I had a full account). 6 year old grandson also spoke to me to tell me that his guinea pig (Kevin) died last week but he got another one at the weekend. He has called this one Claude (!)

How lovely milliehull . Wow what a tiny school, unlike the junior school ours attended which has  expanded over the years and now has  about 1,000 pupils . How quickly the young move no, new guinea pig, love the names . I remember we lost a goldfish and were told flush it down the toilet! No Christian burial .

We had lovely Skype with our girls, baby is rolling halfway already and eldest singing us carols. Takes a while to settle down when we've said goodbye. They're off to sing carols with kindy at the local retirement village.

Out of interest I've stayed logged in for several hours even whilst we Skyped for an hour and a bit

Write your comments here...

How lovely to have carols sung to you by your grand-daughter from NZ. Bakers2. Isn't modern technology wonderful. It makes the fact that they are miles away so much easier. Years ago I had friends whose family moved to Australia and they couldn't even afford to phone them. Snailmail was the only way to communicate.Sad. The school in NI is 56 pupils in total. They are constantly battling to keep it open.

Bakers2 replied on 06/12/2016 22:19

Posted on 06/12/2016 22:19

Milliehull so glad we live today with decent technology and can see and hear family for free! Years ago once they'd gone there was only snailmail and that becomes stilted eventually. We ate so lucky to be able to afford to travel to see them, our health allows it too .  Takes a bit of time to settle back to 'normal' when we say goodbye

This topic has been locked, no new replies can be added.

near Malvern Hills Club Campsite Member photo by Andrew Cole

Book a late escape

There's still availability at many popular UK Club campsites - find your perfect pitch today for a last minute trip!

Book now
Woman sitting in camping chair by Wastwater in the Lake District with her two dogs and picnic blanket

Follow us on Facebook

Follow the Caravan and Motorhome Club via our official Facebook page for latest news, holiday ideas, events, activities and special offers.

Photo of Wast Water, Lake District by Sue Peace
Visit Facebook