What are you all up to today? - part 3

RochelleCC replied on 14/06/2016 16:41

Posted on 14/06/2016 16:41

Hi everyone, as requested this thread has been started afresh, enjoy!

Oneputt replied on 05/12/2016 08:49

Posted on 05/12/2016 08:49

Still -2C here although bright and sun trying to make an appearance.Happy Helping Mrs one to make a Christmas tree out of cardboard tubes just for the Scout group carol service tonight.

Bakers2 replied on 05/12/2016 10:00

Posted on 05/12/2016 10:00

Very frosty start to the day here, but sun rising and temperature creeping up . Certainly very pretty . Pegged my washing on the line, certainly much cooler than of late. Washing has dried outside nicely for the last few days. It always smells lovely when you get it in. 

Had photo last evening from daughter showing indoor temp 25 and roof temp 45. They have some system that allows transfer of heat between the two - no idea how it works but it theory draws warm air from roof space into house in winter and sends it up in the summer. Returned the favour pur thermometer showing 0.0 outside and 8 in the conservatory. Needless to say we didn't sit in the conservatory yesterday evening even with heat on and blinds across roof and windows . However it is warming nicely now the sun is streaming in .

Good to hear of everyone's preparations, time seems to have speeded up!

Oneputt a photo of your tree when finished would be lovely. Daughter always looking for new ideas for the kids to do at school.

Those of you off to sunny climes don't forget to bring some back . Have a great time.

Tammygirl replied on 05/12/2016 10:55

Posted on 05/12/2016 10:55

Freezing cold night and still frosty now, sun was out for awhile but now the sky is greyish. 

Cyber, where are you off to for Christmas?

Kennine replied on 05/12/2016 11:22

Posted on 05/12/2016 11:22

Dense freezing fog this morning with not a breath of wind.  Good for walking with the dog but not for driving.  One of the advantages of being retired - Leave the car in the drive until the fog clears. 

IanH replied on 05/12/2016 11:23

Posted on 05/12/2016 11:23

Well, this is how the packing goes for us......

Mrs H packs her case the night before. I go upstairs and take a look at the bulging case, weigh it and kindly suggest that a significant amount be removed.

Then I put my clothes on the bed (generally the same ones that I took last time, maybe the odd shirt that's different if I got them for Christmas). Mrs H puts them in the case, I weigh it and find plenty of spare capacity and Mrs H 'sneaks' some of her surplus into my case.

Job done! 

Tammygirl replied on 05/12/2016 11:39

Posted on 05/12/2016 11:39

Well, this is how the packing goes for us......

Mrs H packs her case the night before. I go upstairs and take a look at the bulging case, weigh it and kindly suggest that a significant amount be removed.

Then I put my clothes on the bed (generally the same ones that I took last time, maybe the odd shirt that's different if I got them for Christmas). Mrs H puts them in the case, I weigh it and find plenty of spare capacity and Mrs H 'sneaks' some of her surplus into my case.

Job done! 

Sounds familiarWink to be truthful it just depends on where we are going. A cruise does require a little more attention to details. As I type this OH is doing his ironing, you can take the man out of the military, but not the military out of the man Laughing I feel another cuppa is needed, once he has finished 'll give my 'posh' stuff the once over Wink

Suns back out againSmile

ABM replied on 05/12/2016 11:51

Posted on 05/12/2016 11:51

Sun  is  out  here  as  well,  the  frost  has  disappeared  from  the  motor  so  I  can  get  out  there  &  clean  those  mucky  windows  both  inside  &  out  without  them  freezing  up  faster  than  I  can  clear  'em.

Won't  make  ME  any  warmer  tho'  !

JayEss replied on 05/12/2016 11:52

Posted on 05/12/2016 11:52

It's the opposite in our household. Mr Ess's case always weighs a lot more than mine due to the multiplicity of walking boots and outdoor gear. (He tried packing a pair of heavy walking boots for the Caribbean once.)

I can pack for a fortnight in a case that can be carried as hand luggage if necessary. 

This topic has been locked, no new replies can be added.

near Malvern Hills Club Campsite Member photo by Andrew Cole

Book a late escape

There's still availability at many popular UK Club campsites - find your perfect pitch today for a last minute trip!

Book now
Woman sitting in camping chair by Wastwater in the Lake District with her two dogs and picnic blanket

Follow us on Facebook

Follow the Caravan and Motorhome Club via our official Facebook page for latest news, holiday ideas, events, activities and special offers.

Photo of Wast Water, Lake District by Sue Peace
Visit Facebook