What are you all up to today? - part 3

RochelleCC replied on 14/06/2016 16:41

Posted on 14/06/2016 16:41

Hi everyone, as requested this thread has been started afresh, enjoy!

nelliethehooker replied on 04/12/2016 21:10

Posted on 04/12/2016 21:10

A bit cloudy this morning, and chilly with it, but no frost over night. Slow pack-up and off for 10:45 so as to arrive at next CL by noon. However missed my turn-off and so added an extra 6 mls and 1/4hr to our journey. All set up and having lunch before 1:00. Sunny afternoon but still cold.

replied on 04/12/2016 21:10

Posted on 04/12/2016 21:10

I'll be glad when we've finished work tonight. Feeling very tired. Monday tomorrow, so perhaps we'll have more time in the caravan.

nelliethehooker replied on 04/12/2016 21:13

Posted on 04/12/2016 21:13

TG. most of our walks are found by pot luckWink. We just head off with an OS map and try for a circular route if we can, but will retrace our steps if needs be. Usually take a packed lunch with us each day so don't need to search out a pub or cafe.

DavidKlyne replied on 04/12/2016 21:18

Posted on 04/12/2016 21:18

Every year we try and get to gether for a Christmas meal out with my son and his wife from Hounslow, Margarets sister, husband and son from Southampton and us. If we are lucky they all come to MK but we got the short straw today and had to drive to London including the M25 which was not too bad on the way there. We went to a pub in Sipson which is not far from Heathrow and if the third runway is ever built no doubt it will be under concrete!!!!! We decanted from the pub to Paul and Marisa's for a few hours before tackling the M25 for the return journey. Oh what joy, given that its probably only 20/25 miles to the M1 but boy was it slow. I was glad to get to Toddington before my bladder burst, oh for the joys of old age!!!

David

Tammygirl replied on 04/12/2016 21:35

Posted on 04/12/2016 21:35

TG. most of our walks are found by pot luckWink. We just head off with an OS map and try for a circular route if we can, but will retrace our steps if needs be. Usually take a packed lunch with us each day so don't need to search out a pub or cafe.

Cheers Nellie, I think we need to do a bit more in the way of checking things to do. It seems to be a bit hit or miss with us when away. UK is still so undiscovered for us with living abroad for so many years. now we are trying to do lots before time catches up with us. Flying off to new countries, taking the van abroad to new places and in the off season exploring UK when its quiet. Would someone please stop the clock so we can catch upWink

Tammygirl replied on 04/12/2016 21:40

Posted on 04/12/2016 21:40

Packing for Cuba, lots more trouble than when packing the caravan, then if we want it  it just goes inLaughing

When are you off David? we have started getting our things together, good job we have a spare room, there is kit everywhere. I know what you mean, we've already had the do I need this? what about this? and more important do I have ROOM for thisSurprised went out yesterday to do some christmas shopping OH bought another pair of trousers under the 'they will be just right for the cruise' excuse Laughing We are stopping over at the airport hotel the night before so have to pack another bag for that. 

Well, clearly if he's packing tonight then he must be going first thing in the morning (or later tonight, even).

That's how it woks for me anyway Wink

We are not all last minute packers IanH, I like to be organised, I use the spare room to lay things out in and make sure I have the right outfits etc. then we split the piles and pack 2 bags with a mixture of his stuff and my stuff, I have this fear of arriving on a cruise without my suitcase and no clothes to wear Embarassed don't forget us girls have make up, handbags and shoes that all have to match our outfitsWink

cyberyacht replied on 05/12/2016 07:53

Posted on 05/12/2016 07:53

My OH is in 'what do I pack' mode, trying on different combinations and seeking input. I'm a nervous wreck lest I say the wrong thing. I usually pack one change into a 'carry-on' but never split my stuff beyond that. OH will, however, utilise a significant amount of my case for her stuff!!

replied on 05/12/2016 08:45

Posted on 05/12/2016 08:45

We've just finished breakfast of cereal, toast and tea. We watched the sun come up at 8 a.m. to what looks like a nice sunny morning but cold and frosty outside.

triky auto replied on 05/12/2016 08:45

Posted on 05/12/2016 08:45

Surprised ,Brrrrr!! ,the thickest frost ever this morning in Herne Bay !! .Still,,not too rushed this morning as i have to go and find the garage that can M.O.T.my Concorde.Might just let the frost clear a little .Bright & sunny ,so it should'nt take long .

This topic has been locked, no new replies can be added.

near Malvern Hills Club Campsite Member photo by Andrew Cole

Book a late escape

There's still availability at many popular UK Club campsites - find your perfect pitch today for a last minute trip!

Book now
Woman sitting in camping chair by Wastwater in the Lake District with her two dogs and picnic blanket

Follow us on Facebook

Follow the Caravan and Motorhome Club via our official Facebook page for latest news, holiday ideas, events, activities and special offers.

Photo of Wast Water, Lake District by Sue Peace
Visit Facebook