What are you all up to today? - part 3

RochelleCC replied on 14/06/2016 16:41

Posted on 14/06/2016 16:41

Hi everyone, as requested this thread has been started afresh, enjoy!

huskydog replied on 03/12/2016 20:18

Posted on 03/12/2016 20:18

Well I made it through the children's party , ( didn't realise kids made that much noiseSurprised), and yes there is a Santa ,I saw him ,he landed his sleigh on the village hall roof and then came in and gave all the children presents Happy, but it's nice to all the children enjoying themselves and getting in the Christmas mood .......

quite a bit of jelly left over ,so it will be jelly in my lunch box all weekTongue Out

nelliethehooker replied on 03/12/2016 20:35

Posted on 03/12/2016 20:35

Bit cooler today with no sunshine. Drove over to Kirkby Lonsdale, walked along the river from the Devil's Bridge to the Radical Steps, up to Ruskin View and along the terrace, then back into the town. Visited the X-Mas market but it was a disappointment really with only about 20 stalls, most selling food or drink. After lunch we had a walk up above the Lune to High Casterton and back, looking at all the smart houses up that way.

Hallsontour replied on 03/12/2016 21:29

Posted on 03/12/2016 21:29

I think Malcolm might be winding us up a little bit Laughing

After all, no-one (other than a teenager) would be paying nearly £2k for car insurance, would they?

No-one would lose their no-claims bonus following a no-fault claim after a car park scratch, would they?

Everyone knows that you are charged at least 1.5% instantly for balance transfers to a credit card, don't they?

Nice one, Malcolm! Wink

Write your comments here...I paid a similar amount last year and I went through compare the market and this was the cheapest quote. It is double the premium because of business use.

I'm no insurance expert but are you confusing business use with commercial use. I have business use for travelling the country for meetings etc and my insurance is under £400 per year. Delivering items could be commercial like taxi insurance.

replied on 03/12/2016 21:51

Posted on 03/12/2016 21:51

I think Malcolm might be winding us up a little bit Laughing

After all, no-one (other than a teenager) would be paying nearly £2k for car insurance, would they?

No-one would lose their no-claims bonus following a no-fault claim after a car park scratch, would they?

Everyone knows that you are charged at least 1.5% instantly for balance transfers to a credit card, don't they?

Nice one, Malcolm! Wink

Write your comments here...I paid a similar amount last year and I went through compare the market and this was the cheapest quote. It is double the premium because of business use.

I'm no insurance expert but are you confusing business use with commercial use. I have business use for travelling the country for meetings etc and my insurance is under £400 per year. Delivering items could be commercial like taxi insurance.

Write your comments here...My insurance covers for fast food delivery driver.

milliehull replied on 03/12/2016 22:50

Posted on 03/12/2016 22:50

Been to a Christmas Tree Festival this afternoon in a local church, now feeling all Christmassy Smile We had to vote for tree  we thougrandchildrened the best, all proceeds to the church.Undecided couldn't decide couldn't e liked the best so voted twice .  Surprised

Write your commso we here...

Sounds like you had a good time Helen. The church where we were married has a Christmas tree festival every year and we took the grandchildren last year so we could show them where we got married. We couldnt decide which we liked best as they  were all so good so we all voted for a different one.Laughing

milliehull replied on 03/12/2016 22:56

Posted on 03/12/2016 22:56

We had a brilliant evening at Anglesey Abbey Winter lights this evening. It was great to get all the family (apart from the Irish contingentSad) together. The lights were magnificent. Christmas has begun.Laughing

milliehull replied on 03/12/2016 22:58

Posted on 03/12/2016 22:58

Thanks Millie and H&T looking forward to it. We've not been away over Christmas before but with the youngest being in Malta now and the eldest not coming up until the few days between Christmas and New Year we thought why not.Smile

Write your comments here...

Are you actually away for Christmas Tammy? We have never done that but sometimes think about it.Wink

Tammygirl replied on 03/12/2016 23:24

Posted on 03/12/2016 23:24

Thanks Millie and H&T looking forward to it. We've not been away over Christmas before but with the youngest being in Malta now and the eldest not coming up until the few days between Christmas and New Year we thought why not.Smile

Write your comments here...

Are you actually away for Christmas Tammy? We have never done that but sometimes think about it.Wink

We fly back on Christmas night, so arrive in UK on Boxing day morning Millie. We will be home late morning hopefully. First time I've been away for Christmas, OH has spent a few Christmases away from home but not by choice.

Glad you had a good time tonight, it sounds lovely and to have most of your family round you aswell.

Oneputt replied on 04/12/2016 07:22

Posted on 04/12/2016 07:22

had an early call from son who is now on his way to Heathrow, flying to Japan via Helsinki for work plus some xmas shopping.  Happy

This topic has been locked, no new replies can be added.

near Malvern Hills Club Campsite Member photo by Andrew Cole

Book a late escape

There's still availability at many popular UK Club campsites - find your perfect pitch today for a last minute trip!

Book now
Woman sitting in camping chair by Wastwater in the Lake District with her two dogs and picnic blanket

Follow us on Facebook

Follow the Caravan and Motorhome Club via our official Facebook page for latest news, holiday ideas, events, activities and special offers.

Photo of Wast Water, Lake District by Sue Peace
Visit Facebook