What are you all up to today? - part 3

RochelleCC replied on 14/06/2016 16:41

Posted on 14/06/2016 16:41

Hi everyone, as requested this thread has been started afresh, enjoy!

KjellNN replied on 03/12/2016 17:58

Posted on 03/12/2016 17:58

We have started, 4 years back, getting an interest free purchase card to have for any unexpected large things, we do not use it for normal expenditure, only large "one offs".

Lets us keep the money in the bank a liittle longer!

Hallsontour replied on 03/12/2016 18:16

Posted on 03/12/2016 18:16

Went to see the film 'Sully' today about the flight that landed on the Hudson river. Brilliant film but it did knock me a little more than I thought it would,  I fly a lot with work well worth watching though.

Tammygirl replied on 03/12/2016 18:39

Posted on 03/12/2016 18:39

Thanks Millie and H&T looking forward to it. We've not been away over Christmas before but with the youngest being in Malta now and the eldest not coming up until the few days between Christmas and New Year we thought why not.Smile

IanH replied on 03/12/2016 19:51

Posted on 03/12/2016 19:51

I think Malcolm might be winding us up a little bit Laughing

After all, no-one (other than a teenager) would be paying nearly £2k for car insurance, would they?

No-one would lose their no-claims bonus following a no-fault claim after a car park scratch, would they?

Everyone knows that you are charged at least 1.5% instantly for balance transfers to a credit card, don't they?

Nice one, Malcolm! Wink

IanH replied on 03/12/2016 19:57

Posted on 03/12/2016 19:57

Well, we set off to fly to Wellesbourne Mountford (near Stratford on Avon) today.

As we passed Cosford, we could see Wolvehampton Halfpenny Green airfield in the distance. We still had about half an hour of flying to do.

My mate mentioned that he had a toilet urge and of course, that set me off too. So we changed plans and went into Wolverhampton. And it was a delightful (and very busy) little airfield.

What a dull and overcast day though. We got back to base just after the sun set, refuelled and put the aircraft away in the dark.

Another great day! Laughing

redface replied on 03/12/2016 20:01

Posted on 03/12/2016 20:01

HELP! ,the g/kids have arrived for an overnighter.

Do I really want reveille at 06.00 hrs?

I dare say that I will likely survive the onslaught but please bear that in mind, should you see me running down the road screaming my head off.

AAAAARGGGGHHH!

replied on 03/12/2016 20:03

Posted on 03/12/2016 20:03

I think Malcolm might be winding us up a little bit Laughing

After all, no-one (other than a teenager) would be paying nearly £2k for car insurance, would they?

No-one would lose their no-claims bonus following a no-fault claim after a car park scratch, would they?

Everyone knows that you are charged at least 1.5% instantly for balance transfers to a credit card, don't they?

Nice one, Malcolm! Wink

Write your comments here...I paid a similar amount last year and I went through compare the market and this was the cheapest quote. It is double the premium because of business use.

nelliethehooker replied on 03/12/2016 20:15

Posted on 03/12/2016 20:15

Congratulations Goldie . Smile Sounds like you had a very successful evening . 

I know I'm a bit late but the same goes for me...,.well done to all your family Goldie.

nelliethehooker replied on 03/12/2016 20:17

Posted on 03/12/2016 20:17

Today the caravan is getting a quick clean  brought it  back from storage for our trip next week, as the roads were wet the front was filthy !  Yell 

Are you going for the X-Mas lights? Have a good time up there. Have you been before? If this weather continues the van will be just as dirty when you get to the site. I know full well as ours was when we got here.

This topic has been locked, no new replies can be added.

near Malvern Hills Club Campsite Member photo by Andrew Cole

Book a late escape

There's still availability at many popular UK Club campsites - find your perfect pitch today for a last minute trip!

Book now
Woman sitting in camping chair by Wastwater in the Lake District with her two dogs and picnic blanket

Follow us on Facebook

Follow the Caravan and Motorhome Club via our official Facebook page for latest news, holiday ideas, events, activities and special offers.

Photo of Wast Water, Lake District by Sue Peace
Visit Facebook