What are you all up to today? - part 3

RochelleCC replied on 14/06/2016 16:41

Posted on 14/06/2016 16:41

Hi everyone, as requested this thread has been started afresh, enjoy!

HelenandTrevor replied on 03/12/2016 16:53

Posted on 03/12/2016 16:53

When are you off Tammy?

Next Saturday Millie, going to escape the last 2 weeks of Christmas mayhemWink 

Lucky you Tammygirl .  Happy

replied on 03/12/2016 17:00

Posted on 03/12/2016 17:00

Is not your premium as it is because you have business insurance Malc? even then it's high.

Write your comments here...Yes business insurance.

triky auto replied on 03/12/2016 17:00

Posted on 03/12/2016 17:00

Home from the boatyard ,after another productive day of ground clearance and bonfires.Lovely sunny day,slight Easterly breeze.Just going to open a can of "Cassoulet de Castelnaudary,Confit du Canard " ,to have with mashed potato and peas Mmmm,Wink.

replied on 03/12/2016 17:01

Posted on 03/12/2016 17:01

The geraniums finally succumbed to the frost this week so I have spent the morning in the garden and cleared all the pots and planted my spring bulbs.  Also given the patio a good clean and tidy and raked a load of leaves - 2 huge bags full -  off the lawn and the paths. We are off to Angelsey Abbey Winter Lights with the family this evening,  Happy

Write your comments here...Have a nice time, Milliehull and enjoy your evening out!

replied on 03/12/2016 17:09

Posted on 03/12/2016 17:09

How interesting, Malcolm.

Do you think the next order will be MacDonalds or Brio? 

More pointedly, do you think anyone else cares?

Why don't you tell us what you did today, other than work?

Write your comments here...Ah but I did, Ian! I posted about our shopping trip to Tesco Extra in Durrington and the half price lamb and beef there! 

One thing is certain, is that I'm going to have to do an awful lot of deliveries to cover the cost of the £1903 business car insurance bill that I've just paid. Also there's the £49 monthly payment for the road tax that's going to hit my bank account on Monday. So I'm going to need a lot of orders this weekend to cover the bills. Also I have to pay £91 per week in site fees.  The bills keep coming and that doesn't give me much time for anything else other than work at the moment, unfortunately! Another £55 payment this coming week to pay the caravan insurance.

I hope you have that on an interest free card!

We find that going shopping less frequently means we spend less, as does going with a list of essentials, and sticking to it.

Write your comments here...I used my Barclaycard Platinum Credit Card so there will be some interest free credit and when the interest does kick in, it will be at a more favourable rate than going for monthly payment insurance. If I get enough deliveries, I might be able to raise enough money to pay it all off during the interest free period. That way, I can save £200. Also I have the option of doing a balance transfer to my HSBC credit card and using their 0 per cent interest deal on balance transfers!

milliehull replied on 03/12/2016 17:21

Posted on 03/12/2016 17:21

When are you off Tammy?

Next Saturday Millie, going to escape the last 2 weeks of Christmas mayhemWink 

Write your comments here...

How lovely.  Have a great time Tammy.

redface replied on 03/12/2016 17:25

Posted on 03/12/2016 17:25

Don't forget Malcolm that 0% is only on the balance transfer. Current expenditure attracts their normal 18%+ rates. Any payment made goes against the interest free element, so you continue to pay compound interest on all expenditure since the transfer in.

replied on 03/12/2016 17:54

Posted on 03/12/2016 17:54

We had a two hour gap this afternoon after completing the lunchtime deliveries and before the evening work started, so we went back to the caravan for tea and a nap whilst awaiting the next order. Now it's busy again.

This topic has been locked, no new replies can be added.

near Malvern Hills Club Campsite Member photo by Andrew Cole

Book a late escape

There's still availability at many popular UK Club campsites - find your perfect pitch today for a last minute trip!

Book now
Woman sitting in camping chair by Wastwater in the Lake District with her two dogs and picnic blanket

Follow us on Facebook

Follow the Caravan and Motorhome Club via our official Facebook page for latest news, holiday ideas, events, activities and special offers.

Photo of Wast Water, Lake District by Sue Peace
Visit Facebook