What are you all up to today? - part 3

RochelleCC replied on 14/06/2016 16:41

Posted on 14/06/2016 16:41

Hi everyone, as requested this thread has been started afresh, enjoy!

JVB66 replied on 29/11/2016 16:57

Posted on 29/11/2016 16:57

Tammygirl delighted you liked butternut squash and sweet potatoes. I roast loads of veg together and freeze in portion size, MrB not too keen, they're great to grab out and heat through from frozen if necessary!  Great as extra veg or on the top of a baked sweet potato, bit of grated cheese on too or whizz it down with some stock into soup. Nice for real quick meals . 

..Sweet potato and chocolate cake is yummySmile

HelenandTrevor replied on 29/11/2016 16:58

Posted on 29/11/2016 16:58

Where you off to n this trip nellie?

Starting off at Igleborough then slowly working our way along the Fylde coast and then down along the English side of the Marches, as far as Hereford and back along the edge of the Cotwolds, all being well. Haven't totally planned where we'll go after our New Year site near Upton.

Hope the trip goes well Nellie. Smile

HelenandTrevor replied on 29/11/2016 17:02

Posted on 29/11/2016 17:02

Very cold but sunny day. great for dog walking this morning no mud!!Happy Into town this morning for a hair cut, then work. 

Goldie146 replied on 29/11/2016 17:47

Posted on 29/11/2016 17:47

I've been printing certificates for the North West Shorthorn Region's Herd Competition. In September a Shorthorn judge from another region went round all the herds in our area (South Lakes up to Dumfries & Galloway). Eleven different classes for different ages, in calf, in milk etc, progeny of one bull and overall herd and young stock. The rest of the family don't want to know the results unti the dinner on Friday, so I get a secret email and print in secret.

How did we do? I couldn't possibly comment!

JVB66 replied on 29/11/2016 18:07

Posted on 29/11/2016 18:07

Out for a walk in the lovely sunny , cold crisp weather today noticed we now have a herd of Shorthorn cattle in one of the fields near our chalk stream so thats another lovely site, along with a long established herd of Hebredean sheep in a field the other side of the stream (not the same owners)

Wherenext replied on 29/11/2016 18:37

Posted on 29/11/2016 18:37

Busy day today. Took MIL to see her 2 siblings in Bury as both of them have had ops recently and are not too mobile. WE, (me, Mrs.WN and MIL), then went for lunch at Ask Italian, thanks to Tesco vouchers, on a big trading outlet next to Bolton's football ground and after lunch drove the short distance to Rivington, near Horwich and just below Winter Hill to pay our respects to Mrs.WN's father, whose ashes are scattered there as this was a place the whole family used to go to every weekend for dog walking and general mischief.

There is some good walking to be had if you're in the area. Then an hour and half back on the motorway system into a beautiful view of the setting sun on the Welsh hills.

The roads seem to be manic at the moment and Middlebrook Outlet Park at Bolton was absolutely heaving, on a Tuesday in November! Mind you I do wonder when I see the range of stores what it's doing to town centres, where it's a fight to get in and you have to pay for parking. Why bother when you can get most things at these outlet villages. I know that Chester city centre is suffering as a result of nearby outlet villages.

Tammygirl replied on 29/11/2016 18:52

Posted on 29/11/2016 18:52

Tammygirl delighted you liked butternut squash and sweet potatoes. I roast loads of veg together and freeze in portion size, MrB not too keen, they're great to grab out and heat through from frozen if necessary!  Great as extra veg or on the top of a baked sweet potato, bit of grated cheese on too or whizz it down with some stock into soup. Nice for real quick meals . 

..Sweet potato and chocolate cake is yummySmile

Recipe please Smile

This topic has been locked, no new replies can be added.

near Malvern Hills Club Campsite Member photo by Andrew Cole

Book a late escape

There's still availability at many popular UK Club campsites - find your perfect pitch today for a last minute trip!

Book now
Woman sitting in camping chair by Wastwater in the Lake District with her two dogs and picnic blanket

Follow us on Facebook

Follow the Caravan and Motorhome Club via our official Facebook page for latest news, holiday ideas, events, activities and special offers.

Photo of Wast Water, Lake District by Sue Peace
Visit Facebook