What are you all up to today? - part 3

RochelleCC replied on 14/06/2016 16:41

Posted on 14/06/2016 16:41

Hi everyone, as requested this thread has been started afresh, enjoy!

Tammygirl replied on 29/11/2016 22:59

Posted on 29/11/2016 22:59

Tammygirl delighted you liked butternut squash and sweet potatoes. I roast loads of veg together and freeze in portion size, MrB not too keen, they're great to grab out and heat through from frozen if necessary!  Great as extra veg or on the top of a baked sweet potato, bit of grated cheese on too or whizz it down with some stock into soup. Nice for real quick meals . 

..Sweet potato and chocolate cake is yummySmile

Recipe please Smile

To complicated for me to put on here as iwould be timed out (happens a lotFrown) If you go online to Waitrose recipes and look at loaf cakes its on there,

Other "cheaper" companies ingrediants can be usedWink.

Thanks JV, I'll have a look tomorrow Smile

Tammygirl replied on 29/11/2016 23:00

Posted on 29/11/2016 23:00

Wink Just back from my day trip to "Wimereaux".Lovely sunny but cold day ,minus 2  to start with,frosty.A bit of shopping then lunch at Hotel Atlantic.Mmmm.Laughing.Any body know if shirt buttons can stretch ??  !! Otherwise I'll have to get a bigger size !! Surprised.Diesel on the A16 "Total" at 1.27.8.At "Intermarche" is 1.13.7.

They do if you sew them on with elasticWink

Glad you had a nice day out

tigerfish replied on 30/11/2016 09:02

Posted on 30/11/2016 09:02

Whoopee, get my beloved ML back today after a mid life upgrade!  6 years old now and nearly 70,000 on the clock she needed 4 tyres, 4 sets of brake pads, 4 new discs (Big ones) and a repair to the turbo pipe which was leaking.

Have been warned to expect a bill of about £2,000 but if that keeps her going, for another 3 years or so OK.  Both previous sets of tyres lasted 35,000 as did the pads, and she hasn't cost me anything else in the 70,000 miles so not too bad I suppose. Didn't expect the discs though!

TF

Bakers2 replied on 30/11/2016 09:08

Posted on 30/11/2016 09:08

TF good to hear you're pleased, even with a £2000 bill . No idea to begin with what you were talking about, further on I assume a car .  Sounds quite a bargain compared to a new one!!!!

replied on 30/11/2016 09:32

Posted on 30/11/2016 09:32

I received my winter fuel allowance today.

...Are your fuel costs going to be more this winterUndecidedWink

Write your comments here...Our caravan heating can run on gas or electric, so our fuel costs will only go up if we use gas because the electric is included in the site fees.

Having said that, we are finding that 1 kw is not sufficient in the present freezing conditions. Also the outside water point is frozen so we are relying on our on board supply until it is available again.

We have to run the electric heating on a minimum if 2 kw at the moment but are finding 3 kw better. We can use 3 kw as long as there are no other electric appliances on. 3 kw warms up more quickly. Once it has reached the required temperature we can down it to 2kw to maintain that temperature.

young thomas replied on 30/11/2016 09:42

Posted on 30/11/2016 09:42

Write your comments here...Our caravan heating can run on gas or electric, so our fuel costs will only go up if we use gas because the electric is included in the site fees.

Having said that, we are finding that 1 kw is not sufficient in the present freezing conditions. Also the outside water point is frozen so we are relying on our on board supply until it is available again.

We have to run the electric heating on a minimum if 2 kw at the moment but are finding 3 kw better. We can use 3 kw as long as there are no other electric appliances on. 3 kw warms up more quickly. Once it has reached the required temperature we can down it to 2kw to maintain that temperature.

wont the site fees go up for 2017?....

replied on 30/11/2016 10:00

Posted on 30/11/2016 10:00

wont the site fees go up for 2017?....

Write your comments here... I think they go up every year, BB, don't they? Hopefully my pay will go up too!

moulesy replied on 30/11/2016 11:56

Posted on 30/11/2016 11:56

Very thick frost this morning - the dogs get quite excited when it's like this! Perfect day to put on those extra layers and give them an extra long outing. Might venture down to Lacock and get out on the surrounding hills this afternoon. 

Just back from an absolute hammering at bowls - so the extra glass of the red stuff tonight will be consolation rather than celebration! Wink

Weather looks set fair for the next several days; we're off down to Cornwall on Friday and it's looking hopeful!

ABM replied on 30/11/2016 12:09

Posted on 30/11/2016 12:09

When  your  down  Lands  end  way,  Moulesy,  just  make  sure  you  dont  slide  off  into  the  briney--  this  frost  stuff  should  be  banned,  banned,  banned  !!

At  present  I've  got  a  6 disc  high  ice  version  of  leaning  tower  of  Iced  Pisa  from  my  bird  baths  !!

This topic has been locked, no new replies can be added.

near Malvern Hills Club Campsite Member photo by Andrew Cole

Book a late escape

There's still availability at many popular UK Club campsites - find your perfect pitch today for a last minute trip!

Book now
Woman sitting in camping chair by Wastwater in the Lake District with her two dogs and picnic blanket

Follow us on Facebook

Follow the Caravan and Motorhome Club via our official Facebook page for latest news, holiday ideas, events, activities and special offers.

Photo of Wast Water, Lake District by Sue Peace
Visit Facebook