What are you all up to today? - part 3

RochelleCC replied on 14/06/2016 16:41

Posted on 14/06/2016 16:41

Hi everyone, as requested this thread has been started afresh, enjoy!

Oneputt replied on 30/11/2016 16:38

Posted on 30/11/2016 16:38

Bright and sunny in East Norfolk, temp has already dropped to -2C again this afternoon, not as low as some but fairly unusual for us by the coast! Broke of the ice from the bird drinking tray, cleaned and filled with fresh water, birds still need to drink in this weather.  

Put a new trap on the waste from the shower and thats about it.

Tammygirl replied on 30/11/2016 16:50

Posted on 30/11/2016 16:50

Nice day not cold, lovely sunset tonight so we might get a frost tonight. OH had a good time at the lunch club (helping out) I had a nice time in the shops Smile decided I need to go again tomorrow for all the things I didn't get today Frown Managed to sell 2 of the games I advertised yesterday so just 3 more to go. 

TF thanks for the explanation, sounds like you made the right decision on keeping the car.

HelenandTrevor replied on 30/11/2016 18:08

Posted on 30/11/2016 18:08

Very thick frost this morning - the dogs get quite excited when it's like this! Perfect day to put on those extra layers and give them an extra long outing. Might venture down to Lacock and get out on the surrounding hills this afternoon. 

Just back from an absolute hammering at bowls - so the extra glass of the red stuff tonight will be consolation rather than celebration! Wink

Weather looks set fair for the next several days; we're off down to Cornwall on Friday and it's looking hopeful!

Have a wonderful time in Cornwall, Moulesy ,  I bet Harry and Lady are looking forward to their runs out on the dunes.Smile

HelenandTrevor replied on 30/11/2016 18:18

Posted on 30/11/2016 18:18

Woke to a really hard frost, -7° even the canal was partly frozen.At least the dog enjoys these frosty mornings .

The engineers finally arrived to put the new parts in to modify our tumble dryer,(we have one of the faulty ones) then said  it couldn't be done, needed more new parts including a new drum to make it safe! Surprised They will have to order them and then come back to fit. It will be a new dryer by the time they have finished !  They cleaned all the fluff out and said it's still safe to use, apparently ?  Undecided

Tammygirl replied on 30/11/2016 18:41

Posted on 30/11/2016 18:41

Woke to a really hard frost, -7° even the canal was partly frozen.At least the dog enjoys these frosty mornings .

The engineers finally arrived to put the new parts in to modify our tumble dryer,(we have one of the faulty ones) then said  it couldn't be done, needed more new parts including a new drum to make it safe! Surprised They will have to order them and then come back to fit. It will be a new dryer by the time they have finished !  They cleaned all the fluff out and said it's still safe to use, apparently ?  Undecided

We decided not to wait for an engineer and paid £19 for a new tumbler as they couldn't give us a date for when and engineer could come to us. Thought it was worth it as the other one was a fair few years old.

Topsy turvy weather indeed, we were quite mild today, makes a change from the freezing days and nights we had for awhile.

HelenandTrevor replied on 30/11/2016 18:46

Posted on 30/11/2016 18:46

They did offer us a new dryer, but for £50.Decided that as I don't use it much it wasn't worth it. Looks like it will be "new" apart from the casing anyway with all the new parts! 

replied on 30/11/2016 18:46

Posted on 30/11/2016 18:46

We went to Timpsons at the Tesco Extra in Durrington to get my watch fixed. They had one year batteries or life long battery for £5 more. I chose the life long one. All done in 15 minutes. Wrist watch working again.

We also bought new batteries for the Christmas tree lights, so we can get it all lit up when we get back to the caravan after work tonight.

This topic has been locked, no new replies can be added.

near Malvern Hills Club Campsite Member photo by Andrew Cole

Book a late escape

There's still availability at many popular UK Club campsites - find your perfect pitch today for a last minute trip!

Book now
Woman sitting in camping chair by Wastwater in the Lake District with her two dogs and picnic blanket

Follow us on Facebook

Follow the Caravan and Motorhome Club via our official Facebook page for latest news, holiday ideas, events, activities and special offers.

Photo of Wast Water, Lake District by Sue Peace
Visit Facebook