What are you all up to today? - part 3

RochelleCC replied on 14/06/2016 16:41

Posted on 14/06/2016 16:41

Hi everyone, as requested this thread has been started afresh, enjoy!

replied on 30/11/2016 20:57

Posted on 30/11/2016 20:57

Hopefully, this will be the last order this evening so that we can get back to the caravan and get our evening meal on the go.

Outside temperature is 1 degree. You can certainly feel the cold, as soon as you get out of the car.

We've turned the heating up in the caravan so hopefully, it will be nice and warm when we get back.

Bakers2 replied on 30/11/2016 21:17

Posted on 30/11/2016 21:17

Cold  I  can  stand,  B2,  it's  wet  and  hunger  that  ruin  my  days  !

Why are you going hungry ABM? Too much bird food? I'd much rather have cold and bright than warm grey and dull. In this part of the country we don't get a lot of rain but I agree not keen.

nelliethehooker replied on 30/11/2016 21:17

Posted on 30/11/2016 21:17

Hope you have a good trip down to Cornwall, M, I'm sure the dogs will be in their element again.

Sounds as if you & MrB have had a busy day, B2. Can be lots of fun clearing out other's cupboards!!

Bakers2 replied on 30/11/2016 21:20

Posted on 30/11/2016 21:20

Hopefully, this will be the last order this evening so that we can get back to the caravan and get our evening meal on the go.

Outside temperature is 1 degree. You can certainly feel the cold, as soon as you get out of the car.

We've turned the heating up in the caravan so hopefully, it will be nice and warm when we get back.

Hope you're right Malcolm. Much warmer where you are 0 here in the town brrrr. Hope your caravan is cosy ?

nelliethehooker replied on 30/11/2016 21:23

Posted on 30/11/2016 21:23

After last night's frost we woke to a much warmer but duller day. Temperature reached 8C en route to Ingleton, and although the sky was quite clear there was low cloud over Ingleborough. All set up by 12:30, but managed to bump rear corner of van again on a tight turn.Sad Walked into the village after lunch, and after dinner had a long telephone conversation with daughter about her latest trip, Belgium this time. Another kilo of Belgium Chocolates waiting our collection!!Laughing

Bakers2 replied on 30/11/2016 21:25

Posted on 30/11/2016 21:25

Hope you have a good trip down to Cornwall, M, I'm sure the dogs will be in their element again.

Sounds as if you & MrB have had a busy day, B2. Can be lots of fun clearing out other's cupboards!!

Yes Nellie huge fun . Very hard to get mum to part with anything.  I havd just counted 18 teacloths I've prized away and I reckon there's double that left. She says she doesn't need so much now she's on her own, but won't part with things.  Thee was talk of downsizing but taking all if her furniture with her .

Hope you're all ready for your departure? Moulesy havd a great trip too.

Edit just read your post glad you've arrived safely Nellie. Hope not too much damage to u our van

milliehull replied on 30/11/2016 21:34

Posted on 30/11/2016 21:34

Hope you, Mrs M, Harry and Lady have a great time in Cornwall moulesy and that this lovely bright crisp weather continues for you.

You sound as though you have had a busy and productive day B2. I can remember trying to clear my Dad's cupboards and him resisting. I had a field day when he had to go into hospital for a couple of weeks.Laughing

nelliethehooker replied on 30/11/2016 21:35

Posted on 30/11/2016 21:35

Yes Nellie huge fun . Very hard to get mum to part with anything.  I havd just counted 18 teacloths I've prized away and I reckon there's double that left. She says she doesn't need so much now she's on her own, but won't part with things.  Thee was talk of downsizing but taking all if her furniture with her .

Hope you're all ready for your departure? Moulesy havd a great trip too.

Edit just read your post glad you've arrived safely Nellie. Hope not too much damage to u our van

Just a small crack in the plastic corner bumper. I've done similar in the past on both the back corners, and had them replaced, but think I can live with this one.Frown

milliehull replied on 30/11/2016 21:36

Posted on 30/11/2016 21:36

After last night's frost we woke to a much warmer but duller day. Temperature reached 8C en route to Ingleton, and although the sky was quite clear there was low cloud over Ingleborough. All set up by 12:30, but managed to bump rear corner of van again on a tight turn.Sad Walked into the village after lunch, and after dinner had a long telephone conversation with daughter about her latest trip, Belgium this time. Another kilo of Belgium Chocolates waiting our collection!!Laughing

Write your comments here...

Sorry about your van nth. Hope there isnt too much damage.

This topic has been locked, no new replies can be added.

near Malvern Hills Club Campsite Member photo by Andrew Cole

Book a late escape

There's still availability at many popular UK Club campsites - find your perfect pitch today for a last minute trip!

Book now
Woman sitting in camping chair by Wastwater in the Lake District with her two dogs and picnic blanket

Follow us on Facebook

Follow the Caravan and Motorhome Club via our official Facebook page for latest news, holiday ideas, events, activities and special offers.

Photo of Wast Water, Lake District by Sue Peace
Visit Facebook