What are you all up to today? - part 3

RochelleCC replied on 14/06/2016 16:41

Posted on 14/06/2016 16:41

Hi everyone, as requested this thread has been started afresh, enjoy!

Bakers2 replied on 01/12/2016 09:10

Posted on 01/12/2016 09:10

Warmer, on the thermometer anyway, start to the day +3 but very grey with mist , much prefer the cold and bright. It must have warmed a lot overnight as frosty early evening and bed time. Have to tackle clean through my own house today, not overly motivated!! Hubby fine after his fall thankfully, although he was immediately afterwards from what I can gather.

HelenandTrevor replied on 01/12/2016 09:21

Posted on 01/12/2016 09:21

Another cold and frosty morning.  Just listening to Tim Peake (spaceman) on Chris Evans Radiom show.  What a great guy he seems.  Off to docs for MOT in a couple of minutes

He was o  the One show last night, he does come across as a really nice guy.

Hope all goes well for your health mot too.

HelenandTrevor replied on 01/12/2016 09:26

Posted on 01/12/2016 09:26

Another really hard frost, but lots of sunshine. Been out with the dog across the fields, great weather for walking if wrapped up warm. No work until lunchtime, so a few household jobs this morning, unless I can find anything more interesting to do! UndecidedLaughing

Bakers2 replied on 01/12/2016 09:30

Posted on 01/12/2016 09:30

B2, when we had to clear out Mum's we found all sorts of things stashed away. We still have boxes of photos that we keep saying we are going to sort out. There is something quite satisfying when you've had a good cull of things, little and often does it. Its good that you are able to go and do jobs for your Mum, hope OH is ok after his fall.

Yes its much easier now I don't work I have to admit. She's in her late eighties and lessons of thrift and make do and mend aren't forgotten. That's not a bad thing in itself but having a large property with outside storage DOES NOT encourage a cull, rather the opposite. I think the wardrobe storing the towels contains all the curtains she's ever had . When I wrested the teacloths, mostly very reasonable condition, in fact now I washed them I'll offer a lot of them to a charity which helps the homeless set up on their own, too good for rags. (Oh dear do you think I've inherited that gene? ).  

On the photo front I want to get some of hers, she's said I can but like you boxes drawers full, to make album for our kids, I want her to name people on them if I don't recognise too, especially for granddaughters in NZ as they'll never get interaction family history. They are very keen on their roots out there and it is done as part if their schooling.

When our daughter married the bridal couples parents were asked for a photo from their wedding and one of their parents wedding. A lovely idea, which I think would be nice here (other generations could be added if photos exist - ours don't we a late starting lot my grandparents born in 1890's except one 1870's) and ,they were beautifully displayed with a lovely message of family before and coming. 

OH seems his normal self.

Sun is breaking through

milliehull replied on 01/12/2016 09:44

Posted on 01/12/2016 09:44

Hard frost here.  A bit grey and misty first thing but blue sky and sunshine now.  Doesn't feel quite so cold - unless I am getting used to it.Wink

milliehull replied on 01/12/2016 13:14

Posted on 01/12/2016 13:14

Had a frustrating morning. Angry  Courier attempted to deliver a parcel from that well known internet company yesterday but we were out so he left a card saying that they had delivered it to our neighbours.  Mr H went round this morning with the card.  Mum and daughter there and said that No they did not know anything about it - no parcel. Mr H then went round other neighbours but they knew nothing either.After much searching the internet I eventually found out how to contact the said internet company and had a phone call where I told them off in no uncertain terms and said I wanted it sorted ASAP as courier had obviously delivered it somewhere else and we couldn't find it. Neighbours son has just come round with the parcel.  Apparently he took it from the courier just as he was going out, put it in his car and forgot about it - he was very apologetic.  I bet he got a real telling off from his Mum. Big Grin I have just had to contact said internet company again to apologise.

This topic has been locked, no new replies can be added.

near Malvern Hills Club Campsite Member photo by Andrew Cole

Book a late escape

There's still availability at many popular UK Club campsites - find your perfect pitch today for a last minute trip!

Book now
Woman sitting in camping chair by Wastwater in the Lake District with her two dogs and picnic blanket

Follow us on Facebook

Follow the Caravan and Motorhome Club via our official Facebook page for latest news, holiday ideas, events, activities and special offers.

Photo of Wast Water, Lake District by Sue Peace
Visit Facebook