What are you all up to today? - part 3

RochelleCC replied on 14/06/2016 16:41

Posted on 14/06/2016 16:41

Hi everyone, as requested this thread has been started afresh, enjoy!

replied on 30/11/2016 18:47

Posted on 30/11/2016 18:47

We're in Chapel Road, Worthing town centre awaiting collection of a kfc order at the moment.

Bakers2 replied on 30/11/2016 19:40

Posted on 30/11/2016 19:40

Chilly start here again, a mere minus 7 . Luckily tender plants in cold frame and water feature drained yesterday .

Went to mothers, MrB to do some lopping tops out of trees. A good four to five feet, my mother not keen on trimming those ones back for some reason! Could come down getting on for that much again, but nowhere to store/burn these days! When I took a cuppa out to him he had a bloody nose where branches had caught him and his glasses, he informed me he'd fallen off the ladder slowly and lost his glasses!!! Reckons it was a soft landing ground solid with frost!! Really scratched forearms. Health and safety non existant despite him working for them for several years  Meanwhile I defrosted fridge freezer, frozen bits all fine in the shed . And tackled the under sink cupboards and the one adjacent tucked under the breakfast bar work bench, not easy to reach so could explain the contents. Retrieved and bought home some cooking trays, one nine hole tart tin I had to have for sentimental reasons - still perfectly usable, I reckon its at least 63 years old! Also sorted out linens stored there. Seersucker table cloth still in its packaging plus six of the same but used, and lord knows how many tea towels. Suggested we prune, yes agreed, right those can go in the cupboard...........  No way I say eventually she gave in off to RSPCA for animal shelters. I wanted old towels to soak up water from freezer, sent to wardrobe selection overwhelming including a bath/beach towel I can remember my dad using when I was very young, suspect similar age to cooking tray!  Just what will we find when she goes and I'm allowed to look properly??? My parents moved into the house a week before I was born that'll be 61 years in January, .  She did say there's be no way she could stay in the house without the help of me and hubby and my brother and wife, we only scratch the surface! I do hope she can end her days there, ground floor can be fully self contained if it becomes necessary.

Tammygirl replied on 30/11/2016 20:02

Posted on 30/11/2016 20:02

They did offer us a new dryer, but for £50.Decided that as I don't use it much it wasn't worth it. Looks like it will be "new" apart from the casing anyway with all the new parts! 

..Mmm wonder why the big price differance, we don't use ours that much either, just tend to fluff up things in this weather when they don't get a good blow.

ABM replied on 30/11/2016 20:31

Posted on 30/11/2016 20:31

Spent  a  fair  few  hours  generally  faffing  about  round  the  house,  then  decided  to  have  a   concerted  effort  on  the  shoe  cleaning  ,  so  the  mind  went  all  numb.  Until  that  is  I  realised  it  will  be  only  three  weeks  tomorow  'til  the  nights  start  drawing  out  and  that  means Spring   is  on  the  way  Laughing  !!

HelenandTrevor replied on 30/11/2016 20:38

Posted on 30/11/2016 20:38

They did offer us a new dryer, but for £50.Decided that as I don't use it much it wasn't worth it. Looks like it will be "new" apart from the casing anyway with all the new parts! 

..Mmm wonder why the big price differance, we don't use ours that much either, just tend to fluff up things in this weather when they don't get a good blow.

Tammygirl ,  checked the email and it was £19 if we took our old one back and collected the new one or £59 if they delivered and collected. If I had known it wasn't a simple modification I would have had a new one and collected it from currys . 

Bakers2 replied on 30/11/2016 20:41

Posted on 30/11/2016 20:41

Yes ABM almost at the shortest day, don't seem so bad when the days ate as we had today clear and bright

But don't forget the old adage as the days lengthen the cold strengthen

replied on 30/11/2016 20:55

Posted on 30/11/2016 20:55

At last we had a gap in the deliveries and so went back to the caravan to put the new batteries into the Xmas tree lights. Now our Christmas lights are on for the first time this year. Nice and bright with the new batteries. 

No sooner had we completed that, we were called out on another order. So back to KFC Broadwater where we are now awaiting collection.

This topic has been locked, no new replies can be added.

near Malvern Hills Club Campsite Member photo by Andrew Cole

Book a late escape

There's still availability at many popular UK Club campsites - find your perfect pitch today for a last minute trip!

Book now
Woman sitting in camping chair by Wastwater in the Lake District with her two dogs and picnic blanket

Follow us on Facebook

Follow the Caravan and Motorhome Club via our official Facebook page for latest news, holiday ideas, events, activities and special offers.

Photo of Wast Water, Lake District by Sue Peace
Visit Facebook