What are you all up to today? - part 3

RochelleCC replied on 14/06/2016 16:41

Posted on 14/06/2016 16:41

Hi everyone, as requested this thread has been started afresh, enjoy!

nelliethehooker replied on 29/11/2016 19:00

Posted on 29/11/2016 19:00

Where you off to n this trip nellie?

Starting off at Igleborough then slowly working our way along the Fylde coast and then down along the English side of the Marches, as far as Hereford and back along the edge of the Cotwolds, all being well. Haven't totally planned where we'll go after our New Year site near Upton.

Hope the trip goes well Nellie. Smile

Thanks H&T. Forecast looks good for the start of the trip. Dislike driving in high winds, but the High Pressure system looks to be sticking around for a while yet, but it's going to get a bit cloudier and warmer with low wind speeds.

Bakers2 replied on 29/11/2016 19:30

Posted on 29/11/2016 19:30

Have a lovely trip Nellie, weather looks fair for towing. Just make sure you've packed some warm clothes. Enjoy

volvoman9 replied on 29/11/2016 20:27

Posted on 29/11/2016 20:27

Well its a first for me today as i,ve volunteered to be a "Mystery reader" at my grandaughters primary school.I have to report to the school at 2.45pm this afto and read a short story to her year four class.Its all very hush,hush.Hopefully it will be a pleasent experience Happy

v9

Write your comments here...

I would love to see your grand-daughter's face when you walk in to her classroom.Happy

Well what a great experience.I had to hide outside the class then on que appear round the door to all those expectant faces then i  sat on a setee in the reading corner of the classroom and all the children sat on the floor in front of me while I read a story called The Obvious Elephant.My grandaughter was chuffed to bits to see her grandad talking to the class.Afterwards i was talking to the children and one little girl said i was like a second Roald Dahl the way i told the story which made me laugh Happy.I came out with a real glow from what was a really touching experience Happy

v9

Bakers2 replied on 29/11/2016 20:31

Posted on 29/11/2016 20:31

Well its a first for me today as i,ve volunteered to be a "Mystery reader" at my grandaughters primary school.I have to report to the school at 2.45pm this afto and read a short story to her year four class.Its all very hush,hush.Hopefully it will be a pleasent experience Happy

v9

I would love to see your grand-daughter's face when you walk in to her classroom.Happy

Well what a great experience.I had to sit on a setee in the reading corner of the classroom and all the children sat on the floor in front of me while I read a story called The Obvious Elephant.My grandaughter was chuffed to bits to see her grandad talking to the class.Afterwards i was talking to the children and one little girl said i was like a second Roald Dahl the way i told the story which made me laugh Happy.I came out with a real glow from what was a really touching experience Happy

v9

So glad it went well. Will you be repeating it?  From the child's remark I'd say you were a natural. Out of the mouths of babes..........

JVB66 replied on 29/11/2016 20:32

Posted on 29/11/2016 20:32

Tammygirl delighted you liked butternut squash and sweet potatoes. I roast loads of veg together and freeze in portion size, MrB not too keen, they're great to grab out and heat through from frozen if necessary!  Great as extra veg or on the top of a baked sweet potato, bit of grated cheese on too or whizz it down with some stock into soup. Nice for real quick meals . 

..Sweet potato and chocolate cake is yummySmile

Recipe please Smile

To complicated for me to put on here as iwould be timed out (happens a lotFrown) If you go online to Waitrose recipes and look at loaf cakes its on there,

Other "cheaper" companies ingrediants can be usedWink.

replied on 29/11/2016 20:57

Posted on 29/11/2016 20:57

Been gloriously sunny but chilly, no wind otherwise it would be very very cold. Sun going down now, not very pink/red but very cold looking. MrB moved the cold frame to it's winter quarters, trimmed up outdoor plants and installed in their winter home. He also drained the water feature which had a good coating of ice in it this morning. Did my first real feeding of the birds this morning, as in mealworms and extra seeds on the ground and bird table. 

Malcolm you meeting boss to discuss hours or pay rise?

V9 how did it go?

Write your comments here...The boss treated us to some food and drink at Uncle Sams, Broadwater. Yes I may get an increase because of the delivery fees going up beginning of December due to fuel price increases.

replied on 29/11/2016 21:25

Posted on 29/11/2016 21:25

I received my winter fuel allowance today. So you were right, it does come automatically. My state pension payment is showing as pending for tomorrow.

milliehull replied on 29/11/2016 22:05

Posted on 29/11/2016 22:05

v9

Well what a great experience.I had to hide outside the class then on que appear round the door to all those expectant faces then i  sat on a setee in the reading corner of the classroom and all the children sat on the floor in front of me while I read a story called The Obvious Elephant.My grandaughter was chuffed to bits to see her grandad talking to the class.Afterwards i was talking to the children and one little girl said i was like a second Roald Dahl the way i told the story which made me laugh Happy.I came out with a real glow from what was a really touching experience Happy

v9

How wonderful V9. You sound as though you are a natural. I bet you you asked back.Happy

triky auto replied on 29/11/2016 22:12

Posted on 29/11/2016 22:12

Wink Just back from my day trip to "Wimereaux".Lovely sunny but cold day ,minus 2  to start with,frosty.A bit of shopping then lunch at Hotel Atlantic.Mmmm.Laughing.Any body know if shirt buttons can stretch ??  !! Otherwise I'll have to get a bigger size !! Surprised.Diesel on the A16 "Total" at 1.27.8.At "Intermarche" is 1.13.7.

This topic has been locked, no new replies can be added.

near Malvern Hills Club Campsite Member photo by Andrew Cole

Book a late escape

There's still availability at many popular UK Club campsites - find your perfect pitch today for a last minute trip!

Book now
Woman sitting in camping chair by Wastwater in the Lake District with her two dogs and picnic blanket

Follow us on Facebook

Follow the Caravan and Motorhome Club via our official Facebook page for latest news, holiday ideas, events, activities and special offers.

Photo of Wast Water, Lake District by Sue Peace
Visit Facebook