What are you all up to today? - part 3

RochelleCC replied on 14/06/2016 16:41

Posted on 14/06/2016 16:41

Hi everyone, as requested this thread has been started afresh, enjoy!

Bakers2 replied on 29/11/2016 09:31

Posted on 29/11/2016 09:31

Well its a first for me today as i,ve volunteered to be a "Mystery reader" at my grandaughters primary school.I have to report to the school at 2.45pm this afto and read a short story to her year four class.Its all very hush,hush.Hopefully it will be a pleasent experience Happy

v9

That sounds different, not heard of that. Enjoy. I loved helping in the classroom when mine were little, wouldn't want it as a job - I'd kill some of them . my daughter loves it, lord knows where those genes came from, neither my mother nor mother in law

milliehull replied on 29/11/2016 09:39

Posted on 29/11/2016 09:39

Well its a first for me today as i,ve volunteered to be a "Mystery reader" at my grandaughters primary school.I have to report to the school at 2.45pm this afto and read a short story to her year four class.Its all very hush,hush.Hopefully it will be a pleasent experience Happy

v9

Write your comments here...

I would love to see your grand-daughter's face when you walk in to her classroom.Happy

Oneputt replied on 29/11/2016 09:44

Posted on 29/11/2016 09:44

v9

Hope you have a great time V9, just don't read any of the stories of your Booking family exploits SurprisedHappy

Tammygirl replied on 29/11/2016 10:34

Posted on 29/11/2016 10:34

Bright and sunny day today, not sure if there was a frost or not overnight, if there was it went quickly this monring.

For todays delights we will be making a pile of all the things we want to sell/give away and take photos of them and then post them on our local site, hope some of them go really need to clear out the storage side in the attic.

Have a great time at school V9

replied on 29/11/2016 15:52

Posted on 29/11/2016 15:52

Lovely sunny day all day here in Worthing but now the sun is setting as I type this. We did our first delivery about an hour ago and then parked the car in Liverpool Gardens car park to do some shopping in town. We bought some Christmas wrapping paper for a pound at the Christmas shop.

We have a meeting with the boss and chief boss to attend at 4 p.m. also in the town centre so we're staying in town until then. 

Tammygirl replied on 29/11/2016 16:02

Posted on 29/11/2016 16:02

Sun now gone for the day, 2 loads of washing done and outside, finally we have a breeze today, its been so still with all the frost around, this is the first time in a couple of weeks its been worth putting washing out. 

Lots of photos taken for the items I want to sell on, still have some to do. Couple of items already advertised hope they go.

Bakers2, have tried the butternut squash and sweet potato, roasted them with other veg and the OH liked themSmile will have to try the soup next.

Bakers2 replied on 29/11/2016 16:29

Posted on 29/11/2016 16:29

Been gloriously sunny but chilly, no wind otherwise it would be very very cold. Sun going down now, not very pink/red but very cold looking. MrB moved the cold frame to it's winter quarters, trimmed up outdoor plants and installed in their winter home. He also drained the water feature which had a good coating of ice in it this morning. Did my first real feeding of the birds this morning, as in mealworms and extra seeds on the ground and bird table. 

Malcolm you meeting boss to discuss hours or pay rise?

V9 how did it go?

Bakers2 replied on 29/11/2016 16:36

Posted on 29/11/2016 16:36

Tammygirl delighted you liked butternut squash and sweet potatoes. I roast loads of veg together and freeze in portion size, MrB not too keen, they're great to grab out and heat through from frozen if necessary!  Great as extra veg or on the top of a baked sweet potato, bit of grated cheese on too or whizz it down with some stock into soup. Nice for real quick meals . 

Tammygirl replied on 29/11/2016 16:47

Posted on 29/11/2016 16:47

Tammygirl delighted you liked butternut squash and sweet potatoes. I roast loads of veg together and freeze in portion size, MrB not too keen, they're great to grab out and heat through from frozen if necessary!  Great as extra veg or on the top of a baked sweet potato, bit of grated cheese on too or whizz it down with some stock into soup. Nice for real quick meals . 

Great to hear you can freeze them once cooked, I did think they would freeze with a blanching like some other veg, but roasting a whole tray full then freezing makes much more sense.

This topic has been locked, no new replies can be added.

near Malvern Hills Club Campsite Member photo by Andrew Cole

Book a late escape

There's still availability at many popular UK Club campsites - find your perfect pitch today for a last minute trip!

Book now
Woman sitting in camping chair by Wastwater in the Lake District with her two dogs and picnic blanket

Follow us on Facebook

Follow the Caravan and Motorhome Club via our official Facebook page for latest news, holiday ideas, events, activities and special offers.

Photo of Wast Water, Lake District by Sue Peace
Visit Facebook