What are you all up to today? - part 3

RochelleCC replied on 14/06/2016 16:41

Posted on 14/06/2016 16:41

Hi everyone, as requested this thread has been started afresh, enjoy!

triky auto replied on 26/11/2016 23:34

Posted on 26/11/2016 23:34

Putting up the boundry fence today at the boatyard,sawn Chestnut stakes,stainless strainer wire on tensioners,clad with sheep netting,stapled and wired.Burning some of the Privet debris.Lovely day weatherwise ,cloudy but bright spells and warm,no wind.After dinner (cold sausages,re-hashed chips and sweetcorn) off to a local pub' to see " Smiler" ,a VERY good band .Laughing.

Sounds like another productive day for you. .Watch out for those flowerbeds

Write your comments here...Thanks " B 2".Laughing.

replied on 26/11/2016 23:55

Posted on 26/11/2016 23:55

Bakers2, when I knit socks its with 4 needles 3 have knitting on and the 4th is the one you use to knit/transfer the knitting to, if that makes sense, you could always use a circular needle. I'm fascinated watching the Germans (possibly other europeans aswell) the way they knit. Its a bit like half knitting and half crochet.

I know what you mean about once you've finished it the problem comes if it doesn't fit.

I'm trying to get my head round a crochet pattern just now, its been a long time since I've made anything following a pattern. I think I will need a few trials first.

MillieH, I think the advert I saw for embroidery was when we were away a few weeks ago, the only magazine OH can remember us having in the van was the supplement out of the weekend paper, sorry. Will keep my eyes open incase I see anything that you might like.

Grown men ... and women, used to weep teaching me to knit. I could sew and make dresses, shirts and even flameco dresses etc but when it came to knitting I could make the holes but could never join them up! When women folk had a problem with a pattern my F-in-L would soon sort it. . 

replied on 27/11/2016 08:18

Posted on 27/11/2016 08:18

We got up a bit later this morning because of an absolutely exhausting day yesterday. From midday onwards, the orders came in non-stop.

We had one lunchtime delivery as far out as Shoreham. So we had to use the Shoreham drive in Macdonalds.

The last order was at 21:45 and then we were able to finish.

JayEss replied on 27/11/2016 08:28

Posted on 27/11/2016 08:28

Socks are all I knit nowadays. 

If using needles I use 5. Splitting the stitches across 4 holding needles makes turning the heel easier. For plain socks I use a circular needle and the magic loop method. 

ggregu replied on 27/11/2016 08:31

Posted on 27/11/2016 08:31

Drove home today from 6 night stop at Southport. Big frost overnight and some ice on roads near site but sunny for most of the way with occasional bits of fog.

Got caught up in traffic jams from Widnes to Runcorn. Anybody in the area should avoid like the plague until road improvements completed.

Unpacked. Feel so much more relaxed after week away. 

That's good to know. Have you any idea of when the roadworks will be complete? We had intended going that route in 2 weeks time, through to Chester.

I come from that area and still have family living there. The roadworks are associated with a long term project to build a new crossing over the Mersey. Many roads are affected and my family report daily chaos!

For Chester, a far better route would be M6, then M56 which avoids the roadworks altogether.

Hope this helps.

milliehull replied on 27/11/2016 08:42

Posted on 27/11/2016 08:42

Bakers2, when I knit socks its with 4 needles 3 have knitting on and the 4th is the one you use to knit/transfer the knitting to, if that makes sense, you could always use a circular needle. I'm fascinated watching the Germans (possibly other europeans aswell) the way they knit. Its a bit like half knitting and half crochet.

I know what you mean about once you've finished it the problem comes if it doesn't fit.

I'm trying to get my head round a crochet pattern just now, its been a long time since I've made anything following a pattern. I think I will need a few trials first.

MillieH, I think the advert I saw for embroidery was when we were away a few weeks ago, the only magazine OH can remember us having in the van was the supplement out of the weekend paper, sorry. Will keep my eyes open incase I see anything that you might like.

Write your comments here...

Thanks Tammy.  I am trawling the internet and will have a look in Hobbycraft.  This is, of course, a project for next Christmas.Wink  I would never get anything done in time for this year - 4 weeks today. My Mum taught me to embroider when I was off school ill for 3 - 4 weeks and I kept it up until I realised that I wasn't using the tablecloths, tray cloth etc that I was embroidering.  I just fancied something to do while watching TV in the evening.  I am afraid my knitting skills aren't that brilliant. My children begged me not to knit them anymore school jumpers.Surprised

JayEss replied on 27/11/2016 08:44

Posted on 27/11/2016 08:44

M56 is a better route to Chester but avoid rush hour as there seems to be a serious accident every day at the moment 

golly79 replied on 27/11/2016 08:44

Posted on 27/11/2016 08:44

Today after three weeks of shift work I am doing an hour at work before going shopping then me and my wife are off to Devon for 4 nights away , much needed time away it is too , oh hello by the way it's been a long time since my last visit to this pGe , I trust you have all been  

This topic has been locked, no new replies can be added.

near Malvern Hills Club Campsite Member photo by Andrew Cole

Book a late escape

There's still availability at many popular UK Club campsites - find your perfect pitch today for a last minute trip!

Book now
Woman sitting in camping chair by Wastwater in the Lake District with her two dogs and picnic blanket

Follow us on Facebook

Follow the Caravan and Motorhome Club via our official Facebook page for latest news, holiday ideas, events, activities and special offers.

Photo of Wast Water, Lake District by Sue Peace
Visit Facebook