What are you all up to today? - part 3

RochelleCC replied on 14/06/2016 16:41

Posted on 14/06/2016 16:41

Hi everyone, as requested this thread has been started afresh, enjoy!

Bakers2 replied on 27/11/2016 08:49

Posted on 27/11/2016 08:49

Socks are all I knit nowadays. 

If using needles I use 5. Splitting the stitches across 4 holding needles makes turning the heel easier. For plain socks I use a circular needle and the magic loop method. 

Pity you dontbluve closer! I may say I'm not bothered about mastering trying but I am!!!!  I learn much better by demonstration

milliehull replied on 27/11/2016 08:49

Posted on 27/11/2016 08:49

Today after three weeks of shift work I am doing an hour at work before going shopping then me and my wife are off to Devon for 4 nights away , much needed time away it is too , oh hello by the way it's been a long time since my last visit to this pGe , I trust you have all been  

Write your comments here...

Hello Golly. Enjoy your trip away.Happy

milliehull replied on 27/11/2016 08:50

Posted on 27/11/2016 08:50

Has anyone tried cross stitch?

Yes both counted and stamped.

I used to do cross stitch when away in the van but my eyesight can't cope with it anymore.  I still have a half finished piece in a cupboard somewhere.

Bakers2 replied on 27/11/2016 08:51

Posted on 27/11/2016 08:51

Hey Gollky, enjoy your tripHappy

Plus one. Good to see you post

A classic example of using plus 1 . 

JayEss replied on 27/11/2016 08:53

Posted on 27/11/2016 08:53

Socks are all I knit nowadays. 

If using needles I use 5. Splitting the stitches across 4 holding needles makes turning the heel easier. For plain socks I use a circular needle and the magic loop method. 

Pity you dontbluve closer! I may say I'm not bothered about mastering trying but I am!!!!  I learn much better by demonstration

I taught myself from online videos. There are some really good ones out there 

Bakers2 replied on 27/11/2016 08:57

Posted on 27/11/2016 08:57

Has anyone tried cross stitch?

Yes both counted and stamped.

I used to do cross stitch when away in the van but my eyesight can't cope with it anymore.  I still have a half finished piece in a cupboard somewhere.

OK as a pastime but very limited use. Tapestry similar. Yes its something to occupy my hands whilst my mind drifts or listens to TV/radio that caused me to look out knitting again; not brilliant at anything complicated but enjoy the challenge if a simple pattern and the satisfaction of accomplishments. However I actually want something as an end product. Knitted dishcloth anyone??? 

This topic has been locked, no new replies can be added.

near Malvern Hills Club Campsite Member photo by Andrew Cole

Book a late escape

There's still availability at many popular UK Club campsites - find your perfect pitch today for a last minute trip!

Book now
Woman sitting in camping chair by Wastwater in the Lake District with her two dogs and picnic blanket

Follow us on Facebook

Follow the Caravan and Motorhome Club via our official Facebook page for latest news, holiday ideas, events, activities and special offers.

Photo of Wast Water, Lake District by Sue Peace
Visit Facebook