What are you all up to today? - part 3

RochelleCC replied on 14/06/2016 16:41

Posted on 14/06/2016 16:41

Hi everyone, as requested this thread has been started afresh, enjoy!

Francis replied on 26/11/2016 16:21

Posted on 26/11/2016 16:21

Glad you are having a good time with the rellies, where are you this weekend? 

The sun is setting and the sky looks fab once again, pearly grey shot through with reds and pinks.

Been busy cleaning the oven and the microwave, now all sparkly cleanSmile shame I've got to use it for the dinner tonightFrown

My experiment of using the slow cooker to cook the lentils and yellow split peas has worked out fine, only took a few hours of free electric (solar panels) didn't have to keep going and adding water and no burnt pan either (they always stick)

Goldie, excuse me for not knowing but don't farmers have less to do in winter than at any other time of year, or is it because the days are so short you can't get so much done, just interested.

Write your comments here...

Moffat TG there is a Christmas Festival on here this weekend

Bakers2 replied on 26/11/2016 16:27

Posted on 26/11/2016 16:27

Glorious sunset at the moment, cold day after frosty start no breeze, but clouded over early afternoon, which makes the sunset all the more surprising. 

Thought I was being excluded again earlier but noticed on latest activity that there's been none for anyone!

Gave up on knitting the socks, completed first row and although on three needles I still had a straight line . I certainly don't need the socks or know how to knit them. (My Gran used to always have some on the go, stemmed from the first world war and continued. My aunt told me if an army lorry went through she'd give them socks.) Was just a whim awhile ago, to buy wool which included the pattern, will find another use for the wool. 

On a brighter front I found an advent calendar I bought for us in the sales and hadn't made granddaughter's took precedence the following year so that will be my next project.

Went to a garden centre with cafe, really busy . There was a Father Christmas in residence already, appointments can be made online long queues to see him and to use the cafe! Bought lovely Christmas plant arrangement as a gift, just got to keep it flourishing .

cyberyacht replied on 26/11/2016 17:06

Posted on 26/11/2016 17:06

Would those who really are "just about managing" be ordering take-away food, and paying for delivery?

I think you are in a relatively affluent area Malcolm, so not so many JAMs .

Either that or they just have no idea how to manage their money!

I suspect that quite a few JAMs haven't got a clue how to manage. Takeaway food being one example. All the time there are designer dogs, tattoos and the latest smartphone, it indicates to me that they aren't JAMs. Equally there are those who really are in dire straits.

triky auto replied on 26/11/2016 17:30

Posted on 26/11/2016 17:30

Putting up the boundry fence today at the boatyard,sawn Chestnut stakes,stainless strainer wire on tensioners,clad with sheep netting,stapled and wired.Burning some of the Privet debris.Lovely day weatherwise ,cloudy but bright spells and warm,no wind.After dinner (cold sausages,re-hashed chips and sweetcorn) off to a local pub' to see " Smiler" ,a VERY good band .Laughing.

milliehull replied on 26/11/2016 17:31

Posted on 26/11/2016 17:31

MillieH, I saw an advert in one of the magazines (not sure which) for Christmas designs, they were for a table runner or a small table cloth, one of them was a Robin design. Complete set, material, silks etc. Sorry can't at think what magazine it was in but if I do I will come back to you.

Write your comments here..

.Thanks Tammy.  It sounds just what I am looking for.  Please let me know if you remember which magazine.Smile

milliehull replied on 26/11/2016 17:38

Posted on 26/11/2016 17:38

Millie, have just tried googling christmas embroidery designs, there were lots of them. Have you got a 'Hobbycraft' shop near you they might have something suitable.

Just found this https://www.craftsy.com/blog/2015/12/free-christmas-embroidery-patterns/

Write your comments here...

Sorry Tammy I posted my last post before I read this one.  Thank you very much.  Yes we do have a Hobbycraft shop but last time I went in they didn't have anything for embroidery.  I will have another look.  I will have a look at the link that you sent. Thanks again.

moulesy replied on 26/11/2016 17:39

Posted on 26/11/2016 17:39

Would those who really are "just about managing" be ordering take-away food, and paying for delivery?

I think you are in a relatively affluent area Malcolm, so not so many JAMs .

Either that or they just have no idea how to manage their money!

I suspect that quite a few JAMs haven't got a clue how to manage. Takeaway food being one example. All the time there are designer dogs, tattoos and the latest smartphone, it indicates to me that they aren't JAMs. Equally there are those who really are in dire straits.

I'd agree with that CY, but I don't think they are the JAMs are they? Though I could think of a suitable acronym for them! Wink

DSB replied on 26/11/2016 17:45

Posted on 26/11/2016 17:45

Been to the Central Region Caravan Club AGM today.  As non-rallier,  it is interesting to meet and talk to those who rally very frequently and to hear what has been going on.  It was only just across Tamworth at Drayton Manor, so only a 15 minute drive.

Back home now.  A quick tea before settling down to one of my last night's in this side Christmas.  Silly season begins in earnest this week.!  Laughing

David 

This topic has been locked, no new replies can be added.

near Malvern Hills Club Campsite Member photo by Andrew Cole

Book a late escape

There's still availability at many popular UK Club campsites - find your perfect pitch today for a last minute trip!

Book now
Woman sitting in camping chair by Wastwater in the Lake District with her two dogs and picnic blanket

Follow us on Facebook

Follow the Caravan and Motorhome Club via our official Facebook page for latest news, holiday ideas, events, activities and special offers.

Photo of Wast Water, Lake District by Sue Peace
Visit Facebook