What are you all up to today? - part 3

RochelleCC replied on 14/06/2016 16:41

Posted on 14/06/2016 16:41

Hi everyone, as requested this thread has been started afresh, enjoy!

KjellNN replied on 26/11/2016 14:03

Posted on 26/11/2016 14:03

KFC seems to be popular tonight. We've just had three kfc orders in a row. I thought Friday night was supposed to be fish and chips! What happened to that tradition?

I think the origins of that tradition were couched in religion, Malc! Best leave it there! Wink

http://www.npr.org/sections/thesalt/2012/04/05/150061991/lust-lies-and-empire-the-fishy-tale-behind-eating-fish-on-friday

Interesting article

KjellNN replied on 26/11/2016 14:10

Posted on 26/11/2016 14:10

Malcolm.....it's strange that anyone orders rubbish food at high prices and needs it to be delivered at all!

Especially when we are told that so many people are 'Jams' (Just about managing).

Don't think there will be many "JAMS" ordering takeaway food for delivery anywhere.

Anyone else chuckle at HIGNFY's acronym for those at the other end of the affluence scale last night? Surprised

I wish I knew what you are talking about!!

moulesy replied on 26/11/2016 14:51

Posted on 26/11/2016 14:51

"Have I Got News For You", Kjell - you'll have to watch the rerun on Monday night though, there are far too many sensitive souls on here for me to repeat the acronym! Undecided

Goldie146 replied on 26/11/2016 15:46

Posted on 26/11/2016 15:46

We finally got round to draining etc the caravan. If we lived a different life we would use it in winter, but as it is, it's shut up now till May. 

Francis replied on 26/11/2016 15:59

Posted on 26/11/2016 15:59

Met our relarives they arrived just after 1 so now all in the pub having a beer together good times then back to the vans for dinner

Bakers2 replied on 26/11/2016 16:09

Posted on 26/11/2016 16:09

Last night we finished the last order at 22:30. It was a Brio order and the chef wasn't happy to have to cook so late. It's strange how some customers insist on ordering food when it's nearly closing time.

Malcolm.....it's strange that anyone orders rubbish food at high prices and needs it to be delivered at all!

Especially when we are told that so many people are 'Jams' (Just about managing).

Write your comments here...You're right, Ian. Brio prices are quite high and if they keep ordering and paying using card payments, they must be running up some debt. That's probably why they are just about managing. Home cooked food is much lower cost. 

Would those who really are "just about managing" be ordering take-away food, and paying for delivery?

I think you are in a relatively affluent area Malcolm, so not so many JAMs .

Either that or they just have no idea how to manage their money!

Don't think there will be many "JAMS" ordering takeaway food for delivery anywhere.

Anyone else chuckle at HIGNFY's acronym for those at the other end of the affluence scale last night? Surprised

Oh yes, certainly not as flattering! I couldn't possibly comment any more.........

HelenandTrevor replied on 26/11/2016 16:12

Posted on 26/11/2016 16:12

Visited a local village Christmas Market, lots of lovely home made and craft stalls. Smile Bought a few things, was very tempted by some Alpaca wool scarves, so soft, but just a bit too expensive . Met up with some friends in the pub afterwards.Happy 

Tammygirl replied on 26/11/2016 16:15

Posted on 26/11/2016 16:15

Glad you are having a good time with the rellies, where are you this weekend? 

The sun is setting and the sky looks fab once again, pearly grey shot through with reds and pinks.

Been busy cleaning the oven and the microwave, now all sparkly cleanSmile shame I've got to use it for the dinner tonightFrown

My experiment of using the slow cooker to cook the lentils and yellow split peas has worked out fine, only took a few hours of free electric (solar panels) didn't have to keep going and adding water and no burnt pan either (they always stick)

Goldie, excuse me for not knowing but don't farmers have less to do in winter than at any other time of year, or is it because the days are so short you can't get so much done, just interested.

trellis replied on 26/11/2016 16:17

Posted on 26/11/2016 16:17

Last night we finished the last order at 22:30. It was a Brio order and the chef wasn't happy to have to cook so late. It's strange how some customers insist on ordering food when it's nearly closing time.

Write your comments here...You're right, Ian. Brio prices are quite high and if they keep ordering and paying using card payments, they must be running up some debt. That's probably why they are just about managing. Home cooked food is much lower cost. 

Would those who really are "just about managing" be ordering take-away food, and paying for delivery?

I think you are in a relatively affluent area Malcolm, so not so many JAMs .

Either that or they just have no idea how to manage their money!

Write your comments here...Moulesy ,I more than chuckled,near wet myself laughing.Many years ago I went to a recording of HIGNFY it took the best part of 2hrs for a 30 minute show ,with all the stops to check the legalities ..

This topic has been locked, no new replies can be added.

near Malvern Hills Club Campsite Member photo by Andrew Cole

Book a late escape

There's still availability at many popular UK Club campsites - find your perfect pitch today for a last minute trip!

Book now
Woman sitting in camping chair by Wastwater in the Lake District with her two dogs and picnic blanket

Follow us on Facebook

Follow the Caravan and Motorhome Club via our official Facebook page for latest news, holiday ideas, events, activities and special offers.

Photo of Wast Water, Lake District by Sue Peace
Visit Facebook