What are you all up to today? - part 3

RochelleCC replied on 14/06/2016 16:41

Posted on 14/06/2016 16:41

Hi everyone, as requested this thread has been started afresh, enjoy!

nelliethehooker replied on 26/11/2016 12:01

Posted on 26/11/2016 12:01

Beautiful sunny day here on the West Lancashire coast (theres no East Lancashire coast in case you're wondering).

Drove to Crosby, north Liverpool, and had a walk along the beach looking at Anthony Gormleys sculptures,  Another Place,   and they were quite magnificent, in my opinion. The weather helped as long shadows were cast and several ships passed close by on leaving Liverpool. Worth a visit if you are in the area.

Off home tomorrow after a lovely week Monday notwithstanding.

Hopefully we'll be doing similar the weekend after next, while we're at the Southport site.

milliehull replied on 26/11/2016 12:03

Posted on 26/11/2016 12:03

Enjoy your trips Francis, brue and nth. Weather forecast for next week looks very cold but bright and sunny.  Today is bright and sunny here and now the frost has cleared isn't too cold.  I have just swept up a load of leaves which kept me warm.  Before that we went to order our new stair and landing carpet - hooray!!  Mr H surprised me this morning by saying he had measured up while I was out yesterday so did I want to go and choose.Happy Measurements being checked tomorrow morning and carpet being fitted on Wednesday.  They are a family firm that we have used for years.  Mr H used to play darts with the present owner's father.

Francis replied on 26/11/2016 12:15

Posted on 26/11/2016 12:15

Enjoy your break Francis, we're off soon, looks a bit chilly for our trip but looking forward to meeting up with some of our family too. Must get on with packing now, have a good weekend all of you. Smile

Write your comments here...

Thanks Brue

Yes its nice to meet up with family when we are away its also good when they have a MH or Cvan as we can meet up on site 

Francis replied on 26/11/2016 12:15

Posted on 26/11/2016 12:15

Enjoy your trips Francis, brue and nth. Weather forecast for next week looks very cold but bright and sunny.  Today is bright and sunny here and now the frost has cleared isn't too cold.  I have just swept up a load of leaves which kept me warm.  Before that we went to order our new stair and landing carpet - hooray!!  Mr H surprised me this morning by saying he had measured up while I was out yesterday so did I want to go and choose.Happy Measurements being checked tomorrow morning and carpet being fitted on Wednesday.  They are a family firm that we have used for years.  Mr H used to play darts with the present owner's father.

Write your comments here...

Thanks Millie

Goldie146 replied on 26/11/2016 12:26

Posted on 26/11/2016 12:26

Goldie (and anyone else who likes music).......don't know if you know this, but if you join Amazon Prime (£79/year) you can download their music for free.

As an example, they have several Squeeze albums (including "Cradle to the Grave" and what looks like a 'best of' album and several others).

They also have thousands of other albums, including new releases (Mrs H recently downloaded Robbie Williams' new album for free).

So, as well as the other benefits of Prime, a music fan could easily get more than their money's worth in just music.

We have Amazon Prime (shared with the family for the delivery bit of it), but the older I get, the less I like streaming or downloading music. I like to have a physical copy, and only download the MP3 if it's the only option. I'm soon going to have to invest in some new shelves. I'm a bit of a sucker for the Merch stall at gigs. I go prepared with a list of what I have so I don't buy duplicates. And buying from the artist means they get  more of the money. And it's a chance to talk to them and say "thank you for the music"

KjellNN replied on 26/11/2016 12:41

Posted on 26/11/2016 12:41

Last night we finished the last order at 22:30. It was a Brio order and the chef wasn't happy to have to cook so late. It's strange how some customers insist on ordering food when it's nearly closing time.

Malcolm.....it's strange that anyone orders rubbish food at high prices and needs it to be delivered at all!

Especially when we are told that so many people are 'Jams' (Just about managing).

Write your comments here...You're right, Ian. Brio prices are quite high and if they keep ordering and paying using card payments, they must be running up some debt. That's probably why they are just about managing. Home cooked food is much lower cost. 

Would those who really are "just about managing" be ordering take-away food, and paying for delivery?

I think you are in a relatively affluent area Malcolm, so not so many JAMs .

Either that or they just have no idea how to manage their money!

KjellNN replied on 26/11/2016 12:47

Posted on 26/11/2016 12:47

Lovely day here now, just back from taking the last load of timber over to DS's.

Was not so lovely at 09.30 when I went to meet him to load up, really cold and grey then.  However all the lifting and carrying kept us warm and it only took half an hour to get it all loaded.

Got back too late to return trailer as they close at 12 noon, so will have to keep it secure on the driveway till Monday morning.

moulesy replied on 26/11/2016 13:12

Posted on 26/11/2016 13:12

Last night we finished the last order at 22:30. It was a Brio order and the chef wasn't happy to have to cook so late. It's strange how some customers insist on ordering food when it's nearly closing time.

Malcolm.....it's strange that anyone orders rubbish food at high prices and needs it to be delivered at all!

Especially when we are told that so many people are 'Jams' (Just about managing).

Write your comments here...You're right, Ian. Brio prices are quite high and if they keep ordering and paying using card payments, they must be running up some debt. That's probably why they are just about managing. Home cooked food is much lower cost. 

Would those who really are "just about managing" be ordering take-away food, and paying for delivery?

I think you are in a relatively affluent area Malcolm, so not so many JAMs .

Either that or they just have no idea how to manage their money!

Don't think there will be many "JAMS" ordering takeaway food for delivery anywhere.

Anyone else chuckle at HIGNFY's acronym for those at the other end of the affluence scale last night? Surprised

Tammygirl replied on 26/11/2016 13:16

Posted on 26/11/2016 13:16

Another lovely bright sunny cold day here too. The forecast was for it to get a bit warmer this morning but the frost is still with us. Decided we would go into town this morning as there was an arts & crafts market on, in and out within the hourFrown it was really dissapointing only about 10 stalls. We thought it would be better than that and be busy in town so we used our bus passes rather than take the car, glad we did at least it didn't cost us anything. 

Lunch now over and the OH is watching the qualifying for tomorrows GP. I've got both of my slow cookers on, stewing steak in one, lentils and yellow split peas in the other in prep of soup making.

I've bought sweet potato and butternut squash to try, today I'm going to roast them along with other veg for dinner tonight. Then tomorrow I will try making soup with whats left of them using one of the recipes on the food thread.

This topic has been locked, no new replies can be added.

near Malvern Hills Club Campsite Member photo by Andrew Cole

Book a late escape

There's still availability at many popular UK Club campsites - find your perfect pitch today for a last minute trip!

Book now
Woman sitting in camping chair by Wastwater in the Lake District with her two dogs and picnic blanket

Follow us on Facebook

Follow the Caravan and Motorhome Club via our official Facebook page for latest news, holiday ideas, events, activities and special offers.

Photo of Wast Water, Lake District by Sue Peace
Visit Facebook