What are you all up to today? - part 3

RochelleCC replied on 14/06/2016 16:41

Posted on 14/06/2016 16:41

Hi everyone, as requested this thread has been started afresh, enjoy!

milliehull replied on 25/11/2016 20:09

Posted on 25/11/2016 20:09

Sounds like a lovely day milliehull, not been to a Christmas market for years - may have to rectify that . Helenandtrevor enjoy yours tomorrow.

The soup us really tasty, veg all peeled swede, potato, carrot, turnip, some cabbage and chopped saved ages in prep, just sweated them and added chicken stick, made about 750ml.

Want a knitting or sewing craft project can't decide whether to make Christmas cushions but that'll need inners etc and not really sure I want them, ladies may understand where I'm coming from . Got out the wool and needles to attempt socks, not sure I'm gonna stick with it .

Write your comments here...

Bakers, I decided a few years ago that I fancied embroidering some Christmas serviettes but have never managed to find any embroidery transfers. Embroidery seems to gave gone out of fashion. Any ideas?

Tammygirl replied on 25/11/2016 20:13

Posted on 25/11/2016 20:13

MillieH, I saw an advert in one of the magazines (not sure which) for Christmas designs, they were for a table runner or a small table cloth, one of them was a Robin design. Complete set, material, silks etc. Sorry can't at think what magazine it was in but if I do I will come back to you.

replied on 25/11/2016 20:14

Posted on 25/11/2016 20:14

Last night we finished the last order at 22:30. It was a Brio order and the chef wasn't happy to have to cook so late. It's strange how some customers insist on ordering food when it's nearly closing time.

Malcolm.....it's strange that anyone orders rubbish food at high prices and needs it to be delivered at all!

Especially when we are told that so many people are 'Jams' (Just about managing).

Write your comments here...You're right, Ian. Brio prices are quite high and if they keep ordering and paying using card payments, they must be running up some debt. That's probably why they are just about managing. Home cooked food is much lower cost. 

Tammygirl replied on 25/11/2016 20:26

Posted on 25/11/2016 20:26

Millie, have just tried googling christmas embroidery designs, there were lots of them. Have you got a 'Hobbycraft' shop near you they might have something suitable.

Just found this https://www.craftsy.com/blog/2015/12/free-christmas-embroidery-patterns/

Wherenext replied on 25/11/2016 20:35

Posted on 25/11/2016 20:35

Changed our flying day to today, as tomorrow looks grey and cold.

Flew down to Nottingham (just under East Midlands' zone). A lovely airfield and a nice cafe.

Write your comments here...As a matter of interest, Ian, how far could you fly on a perfect flying day, obviously allowing for the return or would you just refuel at your destiation? Do you have to avoid any area?

Interested enquirer

Wherenext replied on 25/11/2016 20:36

Posted on 25/11/2016 20:36

Well there's an example of one of you "pointless comments" Ian!  Laughing. Use left and right arrows to navigate.

Write your comments here...actually and factually, Moulesy, it was worth some points!Happy

replied on 25/11/2016 20:39

Posted on 25/11/2016 20:39

Last night we finished the last order at 22:30. It was a Brio order and the chef wasn't happy to have to cook so late. It's strange how some customers insist on ordering food when it's nearly closing time.

Malcolm.....it's strange that anyone orders rubbish food at high prices and needs it to be delivered at all!

Especially when we are told that so many people are 'Jams' (Just about managing).

Write your comments here...You're right, Ian. Brio prices are quite high and if they keep ordering and paying using card payments, they must be running up some debt. That's probably why they are just about managing. Home cooked food is much lower cost. 

Write your comments here...When I first started this job, I was told that at the beginning of the month people pay mostly cash, later in the month there are more debit card orders and towards the end of the month before pay day, it's mostly credit card orders.

moulesy replied on 25/11/2016 20:39

Posted on 25/11/2016 20:39

Well there's an example of one of you "pointless comments" Ian!  Laughing. Use left and right arrows to navigate.

Write your comments here...actually and factually, Moulesy, it was worth some points!Happy

Ah yes! Wink. Use left and right arrows to navigate.

This topic has been locked, no new replies can be added.

near Malvern Hills Club Campsite Member photo by Andrew Cole

Book a late escape

There's still availability at many popular UK Club campsites - find your perfect pitch today for a last minute trip!

Book now
Woman sitting in camping chair by Wastwater in the Lake District with her two dogs and picnic blanket

Follow us on Facebook

Follow the Caravan and Motorhome Club via our official Facebook page for latest news, holiday ideas, events, activities and special offers.

Photo of Wast Water, Lake District by Sue Peace
Visit Facebook