What are you all up to today? - part 3

RochelleCC replied on 14/06/2016 16:41

Posted on 14/06/2016 16:41

Hi everyone, as requested this thread has been started afresh, enjoy!

Bakers2 replied on 25/11/2016 13:00

Posted on 25/11/2016 13:00

Good job I had a good walk early this morning, forget wanted a sack of potatoes!!! Beautiful clear blue sky and sun but breeze chilly, loively drying day, no washing . Did I ell at the market and M&S, about to make soup and self crusting quiche, but cheated for dinner 2 dine in for £10 , wine alone £7.50. 

KjellNN replied on 25/11/2016 14:02

Posted on 25/11/2016 14:02

Very sunny here this morning, now clouding over and foggy.  Very cold, -5degrees.

Had to go to DD's flat again this morning, tenant texted late last night that washing machine would not start up.

Have been and checked it is nothing daft they are doing, but no luck, so repair man organised for Monday, I have a feeling it will not be a  cheap repair.  The machine is not even 3 years old yet and was not a cheap one, so very disappointing.

Off now to fetch hired trailer to load up timber from Guide Hall, I can feel a sore back coming on already!

ABM replied on 25/11/2016 14:33

Posted on 25/11/2016 14:33

We dropped OH's car off for its first MOT and a service. Because we can't use both cars, it's taken most of the morning. There'll be just about time for lunch before we have to catch a couple of buses to go back and collect it. One feels so trapped, not being able to drive. Yell

Well  remember being  unable  to  drive,  CY !  The  only  time  I  got  real  use  out  of  the  Old  F***s  bus  pass,  was  when  I  was  waiting  for  my  Cataract  Operations Cool !

I  even  got  to  know  the  driver's  names,  even  tho'   there  were  times  when  I  called  one  driver  by  another  driver's  name  --  embarassing  when  one  of  'em  was  very  obviously  female Embarassed  !  !!

Tammygirl replied on 25/11/2016 14:53

Posted on 25/11/2016 14:53

Very cold overnight here still below freezing now, although sun is shining nice and bright and the sky is blue with a few clouds.

Can't help it I keep going into the hall to look at the new carpet.Embarassed

Going for a walk now befoer the sunsets and it gets even colder.

HelenandTrevor replied on 25/11/2016 16:25

Posted on 25/11/2016 16:25

Bright and sunny, but cold today. Washing almost dried on the line outside, back garden gets very little sun this time of year. Quiet at work, makes a change! got finished early. No plans for tonight, but going to a local village Christmas  Market tomorrow ,  hoping that I can get a few gifts . Smile

Bakers2 replied on 25/11/2016 16:48

Posted on 25/11/2016 16:48

Made winter vegetable soup with vacuum pack of fresh chopped vegetables from our veg stall. Really tasty so easy £1. Good job I didn't start it myself as I'd have far too much, I'm out of plastic containers . Means freezer is topped up . Made self crusting quiche as well packed with veg so I'll freeze in slices once cooled, that's really easy healthy ready to eat meals without effort . 

Been a glorious day weatherwise, hope you've all enjoyed your day.

milliehull replied on 25/11/2016 17:58

Posted on 25/11/2016 17:58

Glorious weather today, sunny with not a cloud in the sky. Drove across the fens to my lunch date with ex work colleagues and the scenery was lovely - great big sky.  Lovely lunch and chat with friends. Happy It is getting cold now though. Off to Burghley Christmas Fayre tomorrow where I hope to get a few gifts.  Your veg soup and quiche sounds wonderful Bakers.  Hope you enjoy your Christmas market tomorrow Helen.

JVB66 replied on 25/11/2016 18:03

Posted on 25/11/2016 18:03

Sunny here but chilly wind,went to pics this afternoon to see J K Rowlings latest ,and even better as today it was only £3 each to get in Smile

This topic has been locked, no new replies can be added.

near Malvern Hills Club Campsite Member photo by Andrew Cole

Book a late escape

There's still availability at many popular UK Club campsites - find your perfect pitch today for a last minute trip!

Book now
Woman sitting in camping chair by Wastwater in the Lake District with her two dogs and picnic blanket

Follow us on Facebook

Follow the Caravan and Motorhome Club via our official Facebook page for latest news, holiday ideas, events, activities and special offers.

Photo of Wast Water, Lake District by Sue Peace
Visit Facebook