What are you all up to today? - part 3

RochelleCC replied on 14/06/2016 16:41

Posted on 14/06/2016 16:41

Hi everyone, as requested this thread has been started afresh, enjoy!

Spriddler replied on 24/11/2016 18:50

Posted on 24/11/2016 18:50

Mr Brue has been cider making today, a neighbour has been telling him a better way to do it but they were both out in the twilight looking wet and miserable .

Oh yeah? It takes a chap years of practice to hide his enjoyment and inebriation from 'Er Indoors' ..

replied on 24/11/2016 18:57

Posted on 24/11/2016 18:57

<<< .Yes it was British lamb. >>>

Wonderful. Always look for the Red Tractor logo;

Now jumping off my soapbox

Write your comments here...I'm not sure whether it had that logo but it did say British lamb on the packaging.

replied on 24/11/2016 19:08

Posted on 24/11/2016 19:08

We're still getting high wind gusts here. It keeps rocking our caravan. The awning is being held down with storm straps and additional guy ropes going through every possible loop plus hammering the awning pegs into the ground when they get loosened. We hope the wind will die down eventually.

Luckily we have time to keep a check on the awning as there was only one lunchtime delivery to do. It's been quiet ever since.

Last night we were still doing deliveries at 22:30. It's amazing how late some people eat! It makes you feel exhausted working so late every night. Still I managed to get some sleep this aftenoon in between being shaken by the wind!

KjellNN replied on 24/11/2016 19:30

Posted on 24/11/2016 19:30

Sunny day here again, but very cold all day.

Went to DD's rented out flat to fit required smoke alarms etc, but ran out of time to finish it so have to go again on Tuesday.

Parking is a nightmare in the West End of Glasgow, max allowed is 4 hours, then no return within 1 hour, so I had to leave after that.

Found a few problems, no power to the existing supposedly mains powered detector in the downstairs hall, so if I cannot sort that I will have to wire it to the light in the ceiling.  Then I have to get them all to "talk to each other", and fit the test button and the CO detector.

Discovered the (Italian) tenants had not managed to work out how to operate the dishwasher, they have lived there 18 months, there are instructions in the folder we prepared.  So I have now shown them what to do, the lady of the house was very pleased!  

What I don't understand is why they had not asked before, DD has been there several times since they moved in, and I have been at least 5 times now.

replied on 24/11/2016 19:35

Posted on 24/11/2016 19:35

We've just called out on another order. So we're at Kfc Broadwater. Plenty of parking space this evening for a change! It's a town centre delivery for a regular customer. 

triky auto replied on 24/11/2016 23:49

Posted on 24/11/2016 23:49

Surprised STILL ,blowing a gale here in East Kent !! Home early from the boatyard today,too cold & rough.Goodnight !!Wink.

DSB replied on 25/11/2016 00:14

Posted on 25/11/2016 00:14

The weather hasn't been too bad here today.  Damp but no rain.  A little on the cold side but not too bad - better than the start of the week.

David 

DavidKlyne replied on 25/11/2016 00:54

Posted on 25/11/2016 00:54

At long last TP came to collect their scaffold towers after several phone calls!!! I was about to suggest I put them on EBAY!!!! They were locked in the back garden so we had to be there to let them in. Just waiting for the cheque to go through and weep at the hole in my bank account. On the bright side no more painting and the porch looks really good. Unlike the original it is double glazed so that will keep the cold off the main door.

David

replied on 25/11/2016 06:06

Posted on 25/11/2016 06:06

I've just got up to put the kettle on for a pot of tea. It's less windy. At last the weather is calming down except for the occasional gust.

replied on 25/11/2016 06:10

Posted on 25/11/2016 06:10

We use a 2 kw electric kettle so it boils the water very quickly. So the tea is now made. Just got to wait for it to brew. Tea is always refreshing when you first get up and you're feeling thirsty.

This topic has been locked, no new replies can be added.

near Malvern Hills Club Campsite Member photo by Andrew Cole

Book a late escape

There's still availability at many popular UK Club campsites - find your perfect pitch today for a last minute trip!

Book now
Woman sitting in camping chair by Wastwater in the Lake District with her two dogs and picnic blanket

Follow us on Facebook

Follow the Caravan and Motorhome Club via our official Facebook page for latest news, holiday ideas, events, activities and special offers.

Photo of Wast Water, Lake District by Sue Peace
Visit Facebook