What are you all up to today? - part 3

RochelleCC replied on 14/06/2016 16:41

Posted on 14/06/2016 16:41

Hi everyone, as requested this thread has been started afresh, enjoy!

HelenandTrevor replied on 24/11/2016 13:41

Posted on 24/11/2016 13:41

Just testing our new Broadband ,  seems to be working ok. ?

Changeover was fairly painless . Hoping it will be a bit faster.

Tammygirl replied on 24/11/2016 13:51

Posted on 24/11/2016 13:51

The boiler people have sent an email offering us £50 as way of further apologies Smile it goes a little way for the shoddy treatment yesterday. They have spoken at length with OH and have promised that in future their staff will not cancel appointments without making further attemps of contact. 

The carpet is now fully finished and the hall furniture back in place, just need to sort out pictures and a new mirror.

It's much warmer because we have a much thicker newer underlay, which is supposed to have more thermal properties (we have concrete floors) the colour of the carpet helps as its stripes of charcoal, beige, fawn, brown and a lovely deep burgundy red. The old carpet had been down about 20 years so although still looking clean and fine, the underlay and carpet had gone flat.

Enjoy the reflexology visit. How did the OH get on at his appointment.

Bakers2 replied on 24/11/2016 13:52

Posted on 24/11/2016 13:52

OH just back from AAA scan all fine, discharged from the programme. Not sure on the latter part being good or bad . Had an aunt who died from this a couple of years ago.

The towels are all but dry . Skimmed through the magazine, not inspired. I used to really enjoy both CC & C&CC mags don't belong to latter but don't read much of other now and I'll read anything including cereal packets .

Glad new hub working helenandtrevor. Listened to farming today first thing, interesting, thanks for alerting us yesterday Goldie.

Bakers2 replied on 24/11/2016 14:01

Posted on 24/11/2016 14:01

Tammygirl we must have posted within seconds. Glad you Like your new carpet, hope it keeps you cosier

Bakers2 replied on 24/11/2016 14:19

Posted on 24/11/2016 14:19

Getting service unavailable messages again. I'll go find something else to entertain me for half hour or so

Goldie146 replied on 24/11/2016 14:22

Posted on 24/11/2016 14:22

Another grey overcast day here, but got the towels blowing on the line. Just having early lunch, homemade roasted pumpkin hmmm.

Tammygirl glad you've not to wait too long for boiler service. Still think its poor service! I agree a year ahead is a long time and things can change so need for contact before due date is very sensible. However, just ringing and not leaving a message or trying again, writing or similar beggars belief. Hope you're pleased with your carpet choice . You say it should be warmer - what did you have before?

Just been to a local farm shop, farm being sold/selling for houses very soon for loose frozen blueberries. Not been for a while, won't be again, car parking worse than it used to be coffee shop expanded and full of young mums (don't they go to toddler groups or ask friends round to play any more? ).  Actual shop hardly busy. Apple selection amazing they have their own orchards. Blueberries more expensive than supermarket gram for gram, supermarket ones packaged. Never mind rant over.  Got reflexology this afternoon, think I need the chill time . CC magazine just arrived so I'll glance through it

Write your comments here...Yes just got an email to say December edition available online.

Sorry about this, but I have to ask (it's in my genes) - was it British lamb?

Goldie146 replied on 24/11/2016 14:26

Posted on 24/11/2016 14:26

Filming now done for Sunday Politics (NW) this week.

Set your recorder now to see and hear son James. Plus for added - extra my husband's twin brother!

Bakers2 replied on 24/11/2016 14:51

Posted on 24/11/2016 14:51

Another grey overcast day here, but got the towels blowing on the line. Just having early lunch, homemade roasted pumpkin hmmm.

Tammygirl glad you've not to wait too long for boiler service. Still think its poor service! I agree a year ahead is a long time and things can change so need for contact before due date is very sensible. However, just ringing and not leaving a message or trying again, writing or similar beggars belief. Hope you're pleased with your carpet choice . You say it should be warmer - what did you have before?

Just been to a local farm shop, farm being sold/selling for houses very soon for loose frozen blueberries. Not been for a while, won't be again, car parking worse than it used to be coffee shop expanded and full of young mums (don't they go to toddler groups or ask friends round to play any more? ).  Actual shop hardly busy. Apple selection amazing they have their own orchards. Blueberries more expensive than supermarket gram for gram, supermarket ones packaged. Never mind rant over.  Got reflexology this afternoon, think I need the chill time . CC magazine just arrived so I'll glance through it

Write your comments here...Yes just got an email to say December edition available online.

Sorry about this, but I have to ask (it's in my genes) - was it British lamb?

Plus 1

This topic has been locked, no new replies can be added.

near Malvern Hills Club Campsite Member photo by Andrew Cole

Book a late escape

There's still availability at many popular UK Club campsites - find your perfect pitch today for a last minute trip!

Book now
Woman sitting in camping chair by Wastwater in the Lake District with her two dogs and picnic blanket

Follow us on Facebook

Follow the Caravan and Motorhome Club via our official Facebook page for latest news, holiday ideas, events, activities and special offers.

Photo of Wast Water, Lake District by Sue Peace
Visit Facebook