What are you all up to today? - part 3

RochelleCC replied on 14/06/2016 16:41

Posted on 14/06/2016 16:41

Hi everyone, as requested this thread has been started afresh, enjoy!

Pippah45 replied on 24/11/2016 09:34

Posted on 24/11/2016 09:34

I was on a single track road today driving the bin lorry when 2 very sorry looking dogs stopped in front of me, a cocker & a lurcher cross with no collars on a look around saw no owners & both dogs were lifting their paws due to walking through the salt on the road, we took them up to the local vet ( they were so happy to get in the cab out the cold & wet) the vet found both were chipped & contacted the owner who was going to pick them up, apparently not the 1st time the 2 dogs have went missing

Write your comments here...Well done Jamie - Those two breeds together - ugh no wonder they go missing!  Hunters through and through - and I suppose collars would be a hazzard in danger of getting them caught up.  I lost two labradors who went hunting when on holiday in Dorset many years ago and someone came across one caught in a tree root by his collar - they very cleverly went to the local telephone directory and called the surname on his collar - luckily there was only one in the book - related to us who had come from Sussex!  I would not keep two hunting dogs together these days by preference - many anxious hours spent even with a lot of precautions - accidents do happen.  My mother had two beagles and one was always tied up - or they went for miles even after one got run over and broke a leg. 

replied on 24/11/2016 09:36

Posted on 24/11/2016 09:36

It has been windy here and now all the leaves have gone and the trees looking very bare this morning. Roast lamb is cooking in the oven and will be ready at 11:15 a.m.

Tammygirl replied on 24/11/2016 10:07

Posted on 24/11/2016 10:07

Another roast Malcolm, my you do live well.Wink

Well another freezing cold night -6c brrrr still -2c at the mo. Suns out and the sky is blue so not moaning.

Carpet fitters have arrived and are busy getting on with laying the hall/stairs/landing carpet, looking forward to seeing it finished, should make it look cosy.

Then it will be a trip into Perth to get the shopping I didn't get yesterday waiting in for the boiler man, who didn't turn upYell still waiting for a call back to re arrange another appointment.

brue replied on 24/11/2016 10:36

Posted on 24/11/2016 10:36

Goldie, thanks for the BBC radio link, I've just enjoyed listening to it. The cider bit first, I always like to hear what's going into a proper cider. When I got to your bit I could hear your girls in the background and your son is obviously a natural on air. I expect quite a few people tune into Farming Today if there up early enough. Smile

replied on 24/11/2016 10:41

Posted on 24/11/2016 10:41

Well another freezing cold night -6c brrrr still -2c at the mo. Suns out and the sky is blue so not moaning.

Carpet fitters have arrived and are busy getting on with laying the hall/stairs/landing carpet, looking forward to seeing it finished, should make it look cosy.

Then it will be a trip into Perth to get the shopping I didn't get yesterday waiting in for the boiler man, who didn't turn upYell still waiting for a call back to re arrange another appointment.

Write your comments here...£19 in Tesco for a whole leg of lamb, 16 servings, less than £1.20 per serving. So not bad value for money, Tammygirl and lamb is always delicious with some lamb gravy and mint sauce!

Tammygirl replied on 24/11/2016 11:24

Posted on 24/11/2016 11:24

Boiler people called back full of apologies, they've been though their the call system and admitted that it wasn't made clear that they would call to confirm appointment. New appointment now made for December Smile

Carpet fitters still busy at it, second cup of coffee now served.

Bakers2 replied on 24/11/2016 13:00

Posted on 24/11/2016 13:00

Another grey overcast day here, but got the towels blowing on the line. Just having early lunch, homemade roasted pumpkin hmmm.

Tammygirl glad you've not to wait too long for boiler service. Still think its poor service! I agree a year ahead is a long time and things can change so need for contact before due date is very sensible. However, just ringing and not leaving a message or trying again, writing or similar beggars belief. Hope you're pleased with your carpet choice . You say it should be warmer - what did you have before?

Just been to a local farm shop, farm being sold/selling for houses very soon for loose frozen blueberries. Not been for a while, won't be again, car parking worse than it used to be coffee shop expanded and full of young mums (don't they go to toddler groups or ask friends round to play any more? ).  Actual shop hardly busy. Apple selection amazing they have their own orchards. Blueberries more expensive than supermarket gram for gram, supermarket ones packaged. Never mind rant over.  Got reflexology this afternoon, think I need the chill time . CC magazine just arrived so I'll glance through it

replied on 24/11/2016 13:39

Posted on 24/11/2016 13:39

Another grey overcast day here, but got the towels blowing on the line. Just having early lunch, homemade roasted pumpkin hmmm.

Tammygirl glad you've not to wait too long for boiler service. Still think its poor service! I agree a year ahead is a long time and things can change so need for contact before due date is very sensible. However, just ringing and not leaving a message or trying again, writing or similar beggars belief. Hope you're pleased with your carpet choice . You say it should be warmer - what did you have before?

Just been to a local farm shop, farm being sold/selling for houses very soon for loose frozen blueberries. Not been for a while, won't be again, car parking worse than it used to be coffee shop expanded and full of young mums (don't they go to toddler groups or ask friends round to play any more? ).  Actual shop hardly busy. Apple selection amazing they have their own orchards. Blueberries more expensive than supermarket gram for gram, supermarket ones packaged. Never mind rant over.  Got reflexology this afternoon, think I need the chill time . CC magazine just arrived so I'll glance through it

Write your comments here...Yes just got an email to say December edition available online.

HelenandTrevor replied on 24/11/2016 13:41

Posted on 24/11/2016 13:41

Write your comments here...£19 in Tesco for a whole leg of lamb, 16 servings, less than £1.20 per serving. So not bad value for money, Tammygirl and lamb is always delicious with some lamb gravy and mint sauce!

Malcolm , legs of lamb on offer in Morrisons, £4 per kilo. Just been in and bought one for just over £8.

replied on 24/11/2016 13:41

Posted on 24/11/2016 13:41

First delivery of the day done. Just been to Tesco Extra in Durrington and bought a 12 volt to usb adaptor.

This topic has been locked, no new replies can be added.

near Malvern Hills Club Campsite Member photo by Andrew Cole

Book a late escape

There's still availability at many popular UK Club campsites - find your perfect pitch today for a last minute trip!

Book now
Woman sitting in camping chair by Wastwater in the Lake District with her two dogs and picnic blanket

Follow us on Facebook

Follow the Caravan and Motorhome Club via our official Facebook page for latest news, holiday ideas, events, activities and special offers.

Photo of Wast Water, Lake District by Sue Peace
Visit Facebook