Unconfirmed all sites arrival times to be 1300 hrs

JillwithaJay replied on 23/03/2022 19:24

Posted on 23/03/2022 19:24

Not yet confirmed but I'm reading that, with effect from 10th March, arrival time on all sites changed to 1300 hrs.  It's not yet on the website but it seems 'site staff are being lenient' to anybody arriving before 1300 hrs'.

If nobody tells me differently, then I arrive as per my booking form and the information currently on the website. 

Cornersteady replied on 26/03/2022 20:40

Posted on 26/03/2022 08:43 by young thomas

As TTDA mentions, the 'work' that JVB alludes to is not 'work' related to actually getting pitches ready but carrying out the 'other tasks' that commercial sites (and overseas sites) have done by dedicated staff....cleaning toilets, cutting grass etc etc.

so, the 'schedule' is there purely to allow the CAMC staff to complete their daily rota for 'jobs'...unfortunately this doesn't allow for the office to be manned all day.

with no 'work' being required to a pitch once someone has left, there's no real reason why the next customer can't get on it...is there?

TTDAs post must be embarrassing for anyone technical in the CC hierarchy who actually read what an archaic batch of processes it takes to deliver such poor service.

we come 'home' in a week or so's time and it will be a jarring jolt to leave the easy entry/exit/MHSP use/prices/booking(not) we've been used to for the past 8 weeks or so....and to plug in to our CC bookings

Posted on 26/03/2022 20:40

jobs'...unfortunately this doesn't allow for the office to be manned all day.

This is not quite correct though. This only applies to those sites that have a single set of wardens. Where the are double or even triple sets the office is most certainly staffed all day.

On single set sites the office is closed while cleaning but opens for arrivals. I suppose staff could be bought in for that hour or so but then costs increase. 

Takethedogalong replied on 26/03/2022 21:42

Posted on 26/03/2022 21:42

I know how vulnerable FM is to Traveller incursions, and how bad they can be, so not surprised at all at the security at FM. But I still think it could have a better system which would benefit both customers and staff. No complaints about the staff, by the way.

I thought the new book a pitch type, pay before arrival scheme would streamline things a bit but not sure how it would work here.

Cornersteady replied on 27/03/2022 09:31

Posted on 26/03/2022 08:43 by young thomas

As TTDA mentions, the 'work' that JVB alludes to is not 'work' related to actually getting pitches ready but carrying out the 'other tasks' that commercial sites (and overseas sites) have done by dedicated staff....cleaning toilets, cutting grass etc etc.

so, the 'schedule' is there purely to allow the CAMC staff to complete their daily rota for 'jobs'...unfortunately this doesn't allow for the office to be manned all day.

with no 'work' being required to a pitch once someone has left, there's no real reason why the next customer can't get on it...is there?

TTDAs post must be embarrassing for anyone technical in the CC hierarchy who actually read what an archaic batch of processes it takes to deliver such poor service.

we come 'home' in a week or so's time and it will be a jarring jolt to leave the easy entry/exit/MHSP use/prices/booking(not) we've been used to for the past 8 weeks or so....and to plug in to our CC bookings

Posted on 27/03/2022 09:31

BB if you find using CAMC sites a 'jarring jolt' then why use them?

Club sites only account for about 10% of UK sites, probably less. Find other sites that won't give you such a reaction?

mickysf replied on 27/03/2022 10:46

Posted on 27/03/2022 10:46

The single biggest issue with uniformity for the club is that it is not a single site but a collective of many individual sites each having its own set of specific challenges and constraints. Whatever is suggested for all regarding arrival/departure times, cleaning régimes, lunch breaks etc some staff will always be forced to meet this with leniency if it clearly doesn’t work for that setting. You just need to check the specifics of your booked site prior to visiting.

Some have advocated staffing levels is the main issue. Well some of the sites are so remote they have very little chance at all of finding workers willing to do a couple of hrs a day and possibly having to travel nearly as much time to and from that work. 

Navigateur replied on 27/03/2022 11:01

Posted on 27/03/2022 11:01

If this really was a Club then it would be straight forward for the members to physically contribute to the upkeep and maintainence of the site at which they were staying.  Perhaps it might even be the norm.

Takethedogalong replied on 27/03/2022 11:14

Posted on 27/03/2022 11:14

Good post Micky, and I agree. The main attraction of Club Sites for us used to be the huge variety to be found, small, large, urban, rural, basic, full amenities. However, the majority, no doubt driven by customer expectations and the remote HQ all encompassing brief is to dilute that very individuality. I like a bit of adventure with my camping, but find most Club Sites very boring nowadays. Expectations are always met, but the bar in terms of excitement, difference, is set very low. We go elsewhere for something different. 

Rocky 2 buckets replied on 27/03/2022 11:32

Posted on 27/03/2022 11:32

Content has been removed.
near Malvern Hills Club Campsite Member photo by Andrew Cole

Book a late escape

There's still availability at many popular UK Club campsites - find your perfect pitch today for a last minute trip!

Book now
Woman sitting in camping chair by Wastwater in the Lake District with her two dogs and picnic blanket

Follow us on Facebook

Follow the Caravan and Motorhome Club via our official Facebook page for latest news, holiday ideas, events, activities and special offers.

Photo of Wast Water, Lake District by Sue Peace
Visit Facebook