Unconfirmed all sites arrival times to be 1300 hrs

JillwithaJay replied on 23/03/2022 19:24

Posted on 23/03/2022 19:24

Not yet confirmed but I'm reading that, with effect from 10th March, arrival time on all sites changed to 1300 hrs.  It's not yet on the website but it seems 'site staff are being lenient' to anybody arriving before 1300 hrs'.

If nobody tells me differently, then I arrive as per my booking form and the information currently on the website. 

eurortraveller replied on 27/03/2022 15:38

Posted on 27/03/2022 15:38

800 from P&O available- some will be stewards, waiters, cooks and bar staff - so it sounds as though there is hotel work for them on top of their redundancy pay.

young thomas replied on 27/03/2022 15:43

Posted on 27/03/2022 13:36 by mickysf

Part time staff covering a whole range of duties, David. Some recruited but didn’t last long I’m reliably informed. All this having an impact on existing staff who then have to fill in or cover.

Posted on 27/03/2022 15:43

Havent we got rampant inflation with everyone supposedly feeling the rising costs and a million unemployed....?...

what's the missing link in this 'back to work' equation?

ah yes, it doesn't pay well enough compared to not working...

so, are proposed wages too low or (whisper it) is the 'safety net' too high?

replied on 27/03/2022 15:55

Posted on 27/03/2022 15:55

The user and all related content has been Deleted User

mickysf replied on 27/03/2022 15:55

Posted on 27/03/2022 15:43 by young thomas

Havent we got rampant inflation with everyone supposedly feeling the rising costs and a million unemployed....?...

what's the missing link in this 'back to work' equation?

ah yes, it doesn't pay well enough compared to not working...

so, are proposed wages too low or (whisper it) is the 'safety net' too high?

Posted on 27/03/2022 15:55

Yes, possibly contributing to this ‘English’ problem as some would have us believe. As said, finding part time employees for a whole variety of reasons is a real problem, particularly so in the leisure industry! Aspects of the agricultural industry too. Not all down to the lazy and work shy. 

mickysf replied on 27/03/2022 16:07

Posted on 27/03/2022 15:55 by

I am afraid the labour shortage argument is disingenuous .It might be difficult to recruit at the moment but the club has operated the same staffing model at least as long as I have been a member (44 years with a 6 year break) and we have not had labour shortages all that time. It operates in the way it does because "we have always done it this way"

Posted on 27/03/2022 16:07

As far as the workforce is concerned I think this comment is both disingenuous and cynical. The casual labour shortage in the leisure industry and agricultural industry exists and the reasons why reflect badly on government and employers in my opinion. Just look at P&O.

moulesy replied on 27/03/2022 16:17

Posted on 27/03/2022 16:07 by mickysf

As far as the workforce is concerned I think this comment is both disingenuous and cynical. The casual labour shortage in the leisure industry and agricultural industry exists and the reasons why reflect badly on government and employers in my opinion. Just look at P&O.

Posted on 27/03/2022 16:17

I agree - and although we seem to be drifting perilously close to political comments, let's just say that it is very easy for those of us, retired from well paid stimulating jobs and able to spend several hundreds of pounds each year on holidays home and abroad, to get judgemental about those who "fall through the system".

Anyway, to return to the OP, as, I think it was huskydog's comment at the start of the thread, if the current/new arrangements don't suit, the solution is simple - look elsewhere for those that do!  👍

replied on 27/03/2022 16:21

Posted on 27/03/2022 16:07 by mickysf

Posted on 27/03/2022 16:21

The user and all related content has been Deleted User

TONYV replied on 27/03/2022 18:28

Posted on 23/03/2022 19:24 by JillwithaJay

Not yet confirmed but I'm reading that, with effect from 10th March, arrival time on all sites changed to 1300 hrs.  It's not yet on the website but it seems 'site staff are being lenient' to anybody arriving before 1300 hrs'.

If nobody tells me differently, then I arrive as per my booking form and the information currently on the website. 

Posted on 27/03/2022 18:28

HI ALL.  Let the wardens decide what time to let us in.  If there site is ready whats the problem  Some sites have poor parking in the approach to the entrance. when you have a queue it take.s longer to get booked in.  The one o'clock time is less tim on site and with the site fee's going up well

mickysf replied on 27/03/2022 18:31

Posted on 27/03/2022 16:21 by

The cynicism is coming from you and others seizing upon a recent and hopefully temporary situation in the labour market to defend a club staffing model that any of us who look further afield recognize as unfit for purpose. I take no joy in the situation in our country and probably entirely share your  view as to its cause but  its nothing to do with aspects of site management other than it being an obstacle to change.

I am out now as in my couple of days a year on club sites  I can put up with it.

Posted on 27/03/2022 18:31

Thing is that argument which is really relevant to the very few but aimed at the many I’ve heard throughout my whole working life. It’s not right or fair! Now back on track. The whole employment laws/rules need redefining and strengthening with a proper living wage applied throughout.. 

Wherever loopholes/get out clauses exist the problems will possibly continue!

near Malvern Hills Club Campsite Member photo by Andrew Cole

Book a late escape

There's still availability at many popular UK Club campsites - find your perfect pitch today for a last minute trip!

Book now
Woman sitting in camping chair by Wastwater in the Lake District with her two dogs and picnic blanket

Follow us on Facebook

Follow the Caravan and Motorhome Club via our official Facebook page for latest news, holiday ideas, events, activities and special offers.

Photo of Wast Water, Lake District by Sue Peace
Visit Facebook