Unconfirmed all sites arrival times to be 1300 hrs

JillwithaJay replied on 23/03/2022 19:24

Posted on 23/03/2022 19:24

Not yet confirmed but I'm reading that, with effect from 10th March, arrival time on all sites changed to 1300 hrs.  It's not yet on the website but it seems 'site staff are being lenient' to anybody arriving before 1300 hrs'.

If nobody tells me differently, then I arrive as per my booking form and the information currently on the website. 

JVB66 replied on 27/03/2022 18:48

Posted on 27/03/2022 15:55 by

I am afraid the labour shortage argument is disingenuous .It might be difficult to recruit at the moment but the club has operated the same staffing model at least as long as I have been a member (44 years with a 6 year break) and we have not had labour shortages all that time. It operates in the way it does because "we have always done it this way"

Posted on 27/03/2022 18:48

There has always been a recruitment  problem for site staff with caravan club even now but in the past well before Brexit? excuse ,some friends of ours staying with us on site now were the third set of new assistants to start on a busy site , as two couples before them could not hack the job which even now,  is so different than looking in from a members point of view

nelliethehooker replied on 27/03/2022 19:52

Posted on 27/03/2022 18:28 by TONYV

HI ALL.  Let the wardens decide what time to let us in.  If there site is ready whats the problem  Some sites have poor parking in the approach to the entrance. when you have a queue it take.s longer to get booked in.  The one o'clock time is less tim on site and with the site fee's going up well

Posted on 27/03/2022 19:52

But how are members going to know which sites have wardens that will allow early arrivals and those that don't. It is not always possible to get an answer when contacting the site by phone to ask if there is an early arrival slot, so either an "arrival at any tjme" or a definitive "earliest arrival time", be that 12:00 or as in the future 13:00 for all, definitely not a mixture of  the two times or the two different methods.

Tinwheeler replied on 27/03/2022 20:31

Posted on 27/03/2022 18:28 by TONYV

HI ALL.  Let the wardens decide what time to let us in.  If there site is ready whats the problem  Some sites have poor parking in the approach to the entrance. when you have a queue it take.s longer to get booked in.  The one o'clock time is less tim on site and with the site fee's going up well

Posted on 27/03/2022 20:31

As Nellie said above, an unknown factor as in early arrivals allowed today but maybe not tomorrow is no help to anyone.

Also, the arrival time is exactly that, not turn up at the gate 2 hours before in the hope you’ll be allowed in and, if not, park up and block the entrance road.

nelliethehooker replied on 27/03/2022 21:55

Posted on 27/03/2022 21:55

I'm glad that members have like my post, as I had difficulty in trying to explain clearly what I meant, and then it took for ever, or it felt like that, to get it posted. What a bl**dy mess this web site is. It's a wonder there are any new members because had I thought of joining the CC the way this site works would make me think that if it's like this on a simple forum what's it like when trying to book a pitch or ask it techenical questions, or even ask "are their camp sites run as pooly". I think I would go elsewhere.

SteveL replied on 27/03/2022 22:01

Posted on 27/03/2022 14:02 by Cornersteady

Very true, almost every few yards in all the tourist towns in the lakes now have signs saying we're hiring.

In fact sitting outside at Bryson's and there's no hot food due to staff shortages. Doesn't bother me I'm having a cream cake.

Posted on 27/03/2022 22:01

When we were at Castleton last November, one of the Hotels had a board outside. Staff wanted dead or alive. I would assume from that the situation is somewhat dire.

replied on 28/03/2022 07:30

Posted on 27/03/2022 22:01 by SteveL

When we were at Castleton last November, one of the Hotels had a board outside. Staff wanted dead or alive. I would assume from that the situation is somewhat dire.

Posted on 28/03/2022 07:30

The user and all related content has been Deleted User

Amesford replied on 28/03/2022 11:29

Posted on 28/03/2022 11:29

Would the lack of staff manning the reception be down to the fact that the shops normally run by the wardens have been suspended due to covid, me and our dog have missed my daily morning trek to collect the newspaper 

JollyKernow replied on 28/03/2022 21:04

Posted on 28/03/2022 21:04

You may find that several of the site shops will still be missing as the mountain of red tape now involved to provide the facility will make it prohibitive for some.

JK

JollyKernow replied on 30/03/2022 20:02

Posted on 30/03/2022 20:02

Evening

So, We open our site tomorrow. It's been hard graft and a lot of laughs but we're happy and proud how everywhere looks. I've got 20 vans in, a mixture of tourers and seasonals and after speaking to many on the phone my first arrival will be around 10.00 am. It's empty & I'm ready why wouldn't I?.

The rest of the season we're with all other sites at 13.00, just going along with the brief to keep consistency. We've changed our working day back an hour to suit. Hell that means I don't get a cold beer until 18.30yell

JK

near Malvern Hills Club Campsite Member photo by Andrew Cole

Book a late escape

There's still availability at many popular UK Club campsites - find your perfect pitch today for a last minute trip!

Book now
Woman sitting in camping chair by Wastwater in the Lake District with her two dogs and picnic blanket

Follow us on Facebook

Follow the Caravan and Motorhome Club via our official Facebook page for latest news, holiday ideas, events, activities and special offers.

Photo of Wast Water, Lake District by Sue Peace
Visit Facebook