Unconfirmed all sites arrival times to be 1300 hrs

JillwithaJay replied on 23/03/2022 19:24

Posted on 23/03/2022 19:24

Not yet confirmed but I'm reading that, with effect from 10th March, arrival time on all sites changed to 1300 hrs.  It's not yet on the website but it seems 'site staff are being lenient' to anybody arriving before 1300 hrs'.

If nobody tells me differently, then I arrive as per my booking form and the information currently on the website. 

young thomas replied on 26/03/2022 08:43

Posted on 26/03/2022 08:43

As TTDA mentions, the 'work' that JVB alludes to is not 'work' related to actually getting pitches ready but carrying out the 'other tasks' that commercial sites (and overseas sites) have done by dedicated staff....cleaning toilets, cutting grass etc etc.

so, the 'schedule' is there purely to allow the CAMC staff to complete their daily rota for 'jobs'...unfortunately this doesn't allow for the office to be manned all day.

with no 'work' being required to a pitch once someone has left, there's no real reason why the next customer can't get on it...is there?

TTDAs post must be embarrassing for anyone technical in the CC hierarchy who actually read what an archaic batch of processes it takes to deliver such poor service.

we come 'home' in a week or so's time and it will be a jarring jolt to leave the easy entry/exit/MHSP use/prices/booking(not) we've been used to for the past 8 weeks or so....and to plug in to our CC bookings

brue replied on 26/03/2022 09:00

Posted on 26/03/2022 09:00

TDAs experience at Ferry Meadows reflects that particular site where security has had to be improved. It's not a general experience, every site is different and some approaches to arrivals are more relaxed. Much depends on the site management and what is appropriate for them at different times of the year. However a general fixed CAMC arrival time is easier for many of us to remember IMHO. smile

JollyKernow replied on 26/03/2022 10:29

Posted on 26/03/2022 09:00 by brue

TDAs experience at Ferry Meadows reflects that particular site where security has had to be improved. It's not a general experience, every site is different and some approaches to arrivals are more relaxed. Much depends on the site management and what is appropriate for them at different times of the year. However a general fixed CAMC arrival time is easier for many of us to remember IMHO. smile

Posted on 26/03/2022 10:29

Morning

You're right about the extra security at FM brue. Anyone who has experienced an undesirable element on a site would agree, and that site seems to have suffered more than most.

In 2020 a lot of sites really struggled to be ready for 12.00 arrivals with all the extra duties needed to be covid secure so they were changed to 13.00. Can you remember the protesting posts on here about the 12.00 on some sites and 13.00 on others? It was the same last year with many complaints to HO. That's why we now have a uniform 13.00 arrival time and as you say, easier to remember. There will always be room for flexibility during the quieter times, hey on my site I may even answer the phone!! (after I've taken care of 90 pitches on 11 acres on my ownwink)

JK

DavidKlyne replied on 26/03/2022 10:58

Posted on 26/03/2022 10:58

Its four years ago we last used Ferry Meadows and the double security gate was in action then. Didn't find it an issue on arrival, just follow the instructions. The 13.00 pm arrival is a bit of a nuisance for us at this site as its less than 50 miles from where we live but no doubt we will cope!

David

replied on 26/03/2022 11:15

Posted on 26/03/2022 08:43 by young thomas

As TTDA mentions, the 'work' that JVB alludes to is not 'work' related to actually getting pitches ready but carrying out the 'other tasks' that commercial sites (and overseas sites) have done by dedicated staff....cleaning toilets, cutting grass etc etc.

so, the 'schedule' is there purely to allow the CAMC staff to complete their daily rota for 'jobs'...unfortunately this doesn't allow for the office to be manned all day.

with no 'work' being required to a pitch once someone has left, there's no real reason why the next customer can't get on it...is there?

TTDAs post must be embarrassing for anyone technical in the CC hierarchy who actually read what an archaic batch of processes it takes to deliver such poor service.

we come 'home' in a week or so's time and it will be a jarring jolt to leave the easy entry/exit/MHSP use/prices/booking(not) we've been used to for the past 8 weeks or so....and to plug in to our CC bookings

Posted on 26/03/2022 11:15

The user and all related content has been Deleted User

heddlo replied on 26/03/2022 11:43

Posted on 26/03/2022 11:43

Personally we prefer the 12’o’clock check in, (a quick lunch and then get set up) BUT, it would help enormously if all sites followed the same rules for arrival time.  We do not always think of checking and have, on a few occasions, got it wrong.  Just make a time,13.00 if necessary, but have that for all sites -  simples! 

KjellNN replied on 26/03/2022 16:42

Posted on 26/03/2022 16:42

We also prefer 12.00.     With 13.00, especially if there is a queue to book in, even though we just site the van, level up and maybe fetch water, lunch gets very late, which tends to make dinner too late for us.

However, now we are using far more CCC sites, we are getting used to 13.00, though their check in is generally much quicker now.

Often we may stop for lunch en route, we have our HS pre booked so no rush, unlike CAMC sites at present.

JVB66 replied on 26/03/2022 18:27

Posted on 25/03/2022 10:38 by Takethedogalong

I cannot help but think that the Sites are operated for the convenience of the Club rather than for the majority of visitors.šŸ¤” Ferry Meadows was a strange experience last week. Firstly, we had huge problems getting booked in, as the central booking system was down. Tried phoning the Site direct, nope, they are not accepting calls. So I had to try and try each hour on the online system. (We were wanting to arrive following day). Arrival day, we roll up at the now double barriered gates at around 2pm, no one else waiting. First barrier has a call point which phones the reception. After a muffled few questions, barrier opens and you progress to second barrier. Then itā€™s one out and into reception, two staff on duty in there. Usual run through (despite the fact we have been before, but you go with itšŸ˜‰) Bundle of paper to take away, and a promise to return to reception with pitch number. Can I phone it in? No, they donā€™t answer the phone. Seems this is only for calls from the first barrieršŸ¤·ā€ā™€ļø Was their booking system down previous day? No, but you couldnā€™t phone to book as they donā€™t pick up the phone in receptionšŸ¤·ā€ā™€ļø So, we progress through the second barrier, set up, and then I walk back to reception to pick up a barrier card (generic but has that all important handwritten pitch number on it) 

There has to be a more 21st Century method of arrival, surely, that could be of benefit to both visitors and site staffšŸ¤”

Posted on 26/03/2022 18:27

The barrier card also has the code to enter the toilets and showers plus as several have found you cannot exit or re enter the site by car without itwink

near Malvern Hills Club Campsite Member photo by Andrew Cole

Book a late escape

There's still availability at many popular UK Club campsites - find your perfect pitch today for a last minute trip!

Book now
Woman sitting in camping chair by Wastwater in the Lake District with her two dogs and picnic blanket

Follow us on Facebook

Follow the Caravan and Motorhome Club via our official Facebook page for latest news, holiday ideas, events, activities and special offers.

Photo of Wast Water, Lake District by Sue Peace
Visit Facebook