Unconfirmed all sites arrival times to be 1300 hrs

JillwithaJay replied on 23/03/2022 19:24

Posted on 23/03/2022 19:24

Not yet confirmed but I'm reading that, with effect from 10th March, arrival time on all sites changed to 1300 hrs.  It's not yet on the website but it seems 'site staff are being lenient' to anybody arriving before 1300 hrs'.

If nobody tells me differently, then I arrive as per my booking form and the information currently on the website. 

eurortraveller replied on 25/03/2022 07:33

Posted on 23/03/2022 20:45 by JollyKernow

Evening

12.00 on some sites, 13.00 on others, apparently gets confusing. I guess it will even more confusing to those that turn up at 9.00 in the morningsurprised

Yes it is going to be 13.00 across all sites.

JK

Posted on 25/03/2022 07:33

Is that all sites except Edinburgh? - which says arrivals have changed from 0900 to 1000 now.

And what’s the latest at Coniston? Is that still 1000 too.

But at sites like Plymouth Sound, where the wardens have no toilets to clean, visitors have to wait outside until 1300? Yes ?

JVB66 replied on 25/03/2022 08:43

Posted on 25/03/2022 07:33 by eurortraveller

Is that all sites except Edinburgh? - which says arrivals have changed from 0900 to 1000 now.

But at sites like Plymouth Sound, where the wardens have no toilets to clean, visitors have to wait outside until 1300? Yes ?

Posted on 25/03/2022 08:43

It will depend on the lease agreement with the land owners as to how a few sites arrival times is managed

Why would you need to wait outside if the arrival time is1300 you arrive then or later

brue replied on 25/03/2022 08:51

Posted on 25/03/2022 07:33 by eurortraveller

Posted on 25/03/2022 08:51

It's complicated isn't it,  the small sites sometimes operate with single team managers and we don't know if this makes a difference to their time management? 

I suppose the exceptions where there are larger management teams times can be adjusted much more easily. But as there's been no general information given out I'm just guessing. 

Rowena replied on 25/03/2022 10:19

Posted on 25/03/2022 10:19

A polite reminder to ask people to stick to the community guidelines and keep conversation friendly, despite differences of opinion - a few posts have got quite heated! 

I have forwarded this topic to my colleagues and have asked for further information. 

Takethedogalong replied on 25/03/2022 10:38

Posted on 25/03/2022 10:38

I cannot help but think that the Sites are operated for the convenience of the Club rather than for the majority of visitors.🤔 Ferry Meadows was a strange experience last week. Firstly, we had huge problems getting booked in, as the central booking system was down. Tried phoning the Site direct, nope, they are not accepting calls. So I had to try and try each hour on the online system. (We were wanting to arrive following day). Arrival day, we roll up at the now double barriered gates at around 2pm, no one else waiting. First barrier has a call point which phones the reception. After a muffled few questions, barrier opens and you progress to second barrier. Then it’s one out and into reception, two staff on duty in there. Usual run through (despite the fact we have been before, but you go with it😉) Bundle of paper to take away, and a promise to return to reception with pitch number. Can I phone it in? No, they don’t answer the phone. Seems this is only for calls from the first barrier🤷‍♀️ Was their booking system down previous day? No, but you couldn’t phone to book as they don’t pick up the phone in reception🤷‍♀️ So, we progress through the second barrier, set up, and then I walk back to reception to pick up a barrier card (generic but has that all important handwritten pitch number on it) 

There has to be a more 21st Century method of arrival, surely, that could be of benefit to both visitors and site staff🤔

cyberyacht replied on 25/03/2022 11:10

Posted on 25/03/2022 11:10

The commercial site I visited earlier this month was booked and paid online, admitted by ANPR with zero contact with anybody. Slick or what?

I was looking at another small commercial's website who had a "any time after 09:00, leave when you like up to 20:00" policy.

Until CAMC enter the 21st century and dispense with the "any colour you like so long as it's black" mindset, we will continue to encounter arrival/departure issue, refusal of "dump & fill" use and no EHU opt out options.

Customer focused - not a chance.

EmilysDad replied on 25/03/2022 11:56

Posted on 24/03/2022 20:21 by

I have heard from him and he is not very well. Been in hospital  with pneumonia. 

Posted on 25/03/2022 11:56

Oh dear. Hope he makes a full recovery.👍👍

Hja replied on 25/03/2022 19:35

Posted on 25/03/2022 19:35

I can’t say I care if 12 or 1. For medical reasons we need to have lunch 12.15 to 12.45. 

we do most of our packing the day before, so by the time we have got up, had breakfast, and finished packing it is somewhere between 10 and 10.30 leave from home.

If a site is 12 entry and near enough we will try and arrive by then and have lunch immediately, if not, lunch on the road somewhere.

if travelling between sites that are relatively close we visit somewhere on the way. Easier in a Motorhome, but when we had the caravan we were rarely travelling between close sites.

JVB66 replied on 26/03/2022 08:29

Posted on 24/03/2022 06:50 by young thomas

In winter when sites aren't full, why can't arrivals come much earlier? No doubt there were loads of empty pitches that could have been used.

the club just cannot do flexible.

as mentioned in the leccy increase thread, the current staffing model prevents the way many commercial/continental sites work.

the bedrock of CAMC processes is the limiting of any fundamental change due to the fixed staffing routines.

while this is in place no other advances in customer service can be accommodated, we remain in the last century.

Posted on 26/03/2022 08:29

As has been relayed to us by several site staff' when trying to keep to the arrival times  members who arrive earlier than the site arrival time will often complain that the wardens at XXX site let us in early why can't you?  even as everyone who posts on here should know no site is the same and has different amounts of work to be carried out before any new arrivals can be accepted so as in the past at 1200 did not give the staff time to carry it all out in time, 1300 has been found to be adequate and also have a quick lunch before the rush for pitches starts again

near Malvern Hills Club Campsite Member photo by Andrew Cole

Book a late escape

There's still availability at many popular UK Club campsites - find your perfect pitch today for a last minute trip!

Book now
Woman sitting in camping chair by Wastwater in the Lake District with her two dogs and picnic blanket

Follow us on Facebook

Follow the Caravan and Motorhome Club via our official Facebook page for latest news, holiday ideas, events, activities and special offers.

Photo of Wast Water, Lake District by Sue Peace
Visit Facebook