The same Club, just better...

RochelleCC replied on 21/02/2017 08:40

Posted on 21/02/2017 08:40

Welcome to the Caravan and Motorhome Club.

Ever since we came together as a group of outdoor enthusiasts 110 years ago, our Club has continued on a journey of discovery. It's time for us to make some changes for the better by redefining who we are to help you get the most of the great outdoors.

I’m sure you all have lots of questions, please post your feedback and queries in this thread.

What does our new logo mean? We created a video to explain how we created it:

Find out more at www.camc.com/discover

fairportfan replied on 01/03/2017 17:17

Posted on 01/03/2017 17:17

I haven,t seen so much bile,negativity and downright rudeness,since all the same internet warriors launched into Caravanner of the Year.

Still I suppose whilst they are all wasting their time in front of a keyboard,we can all get along with enjoying our caravanning.

I like the rebrand,and think it goes in the right direction.

JayEss replied on 01/03/2017 17:20

Posted on 01/03/2017 14:53 by Boff

I think that there is a problem with your keyboard ET as it has displayed the word sensitive, when surely you must have typed embarrassing.

The Club is not listed on the stock exchange, its shares aren't traded so the information isn't really commercially sensitive, unless a member was to say how much and not renew their subscription.

Posted on 01/03/2017 17:20

If the rebranding exercise has involved consultants then they may not be happy about the fee being published. 

It will need to be aggregated with other costs so as to be unidentifiable. Like Savills fee was...

replied on 01/03/2017 17:31

Posted on 01/03/2017 17:17 by fairportfan

I haven,t seen so much bile,negativity and downright rudeness,since all the same internet warriors launched into Caravanner of the Year.

Still I suppose whilst they are all wasting their time in front of a keyboard,we can all get along with enjoying our caravanning.

I like the rebrand,and think it goes in the right direction.

Posted on 01/03/2017 17:31

Not sure that I have seen much rudeness. Just well mannered opinions very much in the main

replied on 01/03/2017 17:49

Posted on 01/03/2017 16:54 by huskydog

I have just looked at the petition,21 signatures so far undecided, but a comment left by a member left me confused 

quote ....." Fed up with motorhomes having priority of hardstandings " 

does that member know know something I don't know , is there a special handshake to the warden to secure a hardstanding !!surprised

Posted on 01/03/2017 17:49

I have twice been asked to take grass and leave hardstandings for motorhomes. I suppose when one travels effects how common Husky. As I posted, possibly on another thread, one site I looked at the grass and asked for a refund as I was not stopping even if I lost a nights pitch fee (I was told to take hard). On the other occasion the warden said that he would be grateful if I took the grass I took hard as I did not require gratitude. If I had been told to take grass I would probably have booked in for one night on that occasion and moved on to a commercial site the next day. 

That comment you refer to might have been justified Husky .............. I still don't hate motorhomers but they are not having my hard wink

G Cherokee replied on 01/03/2017 18:07

Posted on 01/03/2017 18:07

I suppose it's to do with some motorhomes being nearly twice the weight of some caravans, and if it's soft ground there's a good chance they will churn up the grass trying to get off . . . Or on, 

But if asked to move I would expect  Recompense. 

Manasota replied on 01/03/2017 18:13

Posted on 01/03/2017 18:13

The Pennant logo was distinct and easily recognisable especially when searching for a CL. The new logo is similar to many farm stock breeders associations and agricultural buildings Why not keep our our identity (Pennant) and simply insert 'M' between C&C (CMC) ?

replied on 01/03/2017 18:17

Posted on 01/03/2017 18:17

3.5 tonne on 4 wheels or 1500kg on two. I am quite capable and willing to churn up if forced to use grass and Yes I have bad points!!

Boff replied on 01/03/2017 18:23

Posted on 01/03/2017 17:20 by JayEss

If the rebranding exercise has involved consultants then they may not be happy about the fee being published. 

It will need to be aggregated with other costs so as to be unidentifiable. Like Savills fee was...

Posted on 01/03/2017 18:23

Two points

1 Hire different consultants in first place then

2. Re Savills fee.  I was told by Mr Chamberlian in a public meeting that Savills had acted completely without authorisation. If that was true it would be impossible believe that the club paid any money to Savills. 

JayEss replied on 01/03/2017 18:37

Posted on 01/03/2017 18:23 by Boff

Two points

1 Hire different consultants in first place then

2. Re Savills fee.  I was told by Mr Chamberlian in a public meeting that Savills had acted completely without authorisation. If that was true it would be impossible believe that the club paid any money to Savills. 

Posted on 01/03/2017 18:37

I don't know whether marketing consultants have been used. There is possibly an internal dept capable of coping with rebranding. 

Savills may not have received a fee for the local plan representations but they carry out a substantial amount of work on behalf of the club so must have ongoing instructions.  I can't find reference to consultant fees in relation to planning in the documents that have been published. There were a lot of things said at the time by various people from the club but knowing how these things work I did not find them particularly convincing 

dave the rave replied on 01/03/2017 18:48

Posted on 28/02/2017 17:35 by Bakers2

Ours are in the bin. Don't put stickers on our vehicles.

Do you think it was thought through 😉

Posted on 01/03/2017 18:48

Even The Caravan Club must be aware that vynil stickers will damage plastic windows (as fitted to all caravans and most motorcaravans) Why do "they" think that they need to be supplied?Oh dear,I seem to be questioning the wisdom of "the management"

This topic has been locked, no new replies can be added.

near Malvern Hills Club Campsite Member photo by Andrew Cole

Book a late escape

There's still availability at many popular UK Club campsites - find your perfect pitch today for a last minute trip!

Book now
Woman sitting in camping chair by Wastwater in the Lake District with her two dogs and picnic blanket

Follow us on Facebook

Follow the Caravan and Motorhome Club via our official Facebook page for latest news, holiday ideas, events, activities and special offers.

Photo of Wast Water, Lake District by Sue Peace
Visit Facebook