The same Club, just better...

RochelleCC replied on 21/02/2017 08:40

Posted on 21/02/2017 08:40

Welcome to the Caravan and Motorhome Club.

Ever since we came together as a group of outdoor enthusiasts 110 years ago, our Club has continued on a journey of discovery. It's time for us to make some changes for the better by redefining who we are to help you get the most of the great outdoors.

I’m sure you all have lots of questions, please post your feedback and queries in this thread.

What does our new logo mean? We created a video to explain how we created it:

Find out more at www.camc.com/discover

IanH replied on 01/03/2017 19:21

Posted on 01/03/2017 17:17 by fairportfan

I haven,t seen so much bile,negativity and downright rudeness,since all the same internet warriors launched into Caravanner of the Year.

Still I suppose whilst they are all wasting their time in front of a keyboard,we can all get along with enjoying our caravanning.

I like the rebrand,and think it goes in the right direction.

Posted on 01/03/2017 19:21

So you reckon it was worth well over £1 million then?

IanH replied on 01/03/2017 19:24

Posted on 01/03/2017 17:16 by

Cant say I have read all 1650 odd posts (as anybody?) but where are these anti motorhome  posts, is it all in the imagination of some with a a very balanced chip.on each shoulder?

All I have seen are squabbles over hard standings and who should get them.

Posted on 01/03/2017 19:24

I agree......I think there are some very delicate souls on here.

Tinwheeler replied on 01/03/2017 20:15

Posted on 01/03/2017 17:16 by

Cant say I have read all 1650 odd posts (as anybody?) but where are these anti motorhome  posts, is it all in the imagination of some with a a very balanced chip.on each shoulder?

All I have seen are squabbles over hard standings and who should get them.

Posted on 01/03/2017 20:15

They're here, David. You admit you've not read all the thread so that's why you've missed them and are consequently talking about things outside the scope of your knowledge but I guess we're used to that on here.

janhsmn replied on 01/03/2017 20:19

Posted on 01/03/2017 20:19

I usually scroll back on a night through the days posts and it's surprising (perhaps it shouldn't be) to see how much censorship is going on, which appears to be very heavy handed, similar to the refusal to respond to constructive criticism on Facebook, only cooing round nice posts.  Sad really that management really don't give a monkeys about the thoughts and genuine concerns of members 

Hatter replied on 01/03/2017 20:50

Posted on 01/03/2017 20:50

Doesn't bother me the club changing it's name, well apart from the expense and sites missing out on money, but the logo colours are awful. The magazine arrived the other day and the logo was invisible against the background of the plastic cover.

Don't think of motorhomers as being different and not being part of the club.

Wherenext replied on 01/03/2017 20:51

Posted on 01/03/2017 20:51

TW - do me a favour please, try and make sure that anyone reading your post about M/H haters is aware that they are a minority. I like to think that the majority of members are not prejudiced one way or the other, as I hope that a few of us have shown to you. Thanks.

Arrivakids replied on 01/03/2017 21:07

Posted on 01/03/2017 21:07

Having owned a  Caravan on and off for 30 years we last bought our last Caravan 5 Years ago. As we are not just past 60 our thoughts were if hubby could not pull the  Caravan then we were stuck . Having been to France the last 4 years and yes there are Caravans there we did find that it was easier for MH as the Aires were there for all to enjoy sometimes free and in some lovely areas. So now we are Owners of a  MH. There are some good and bad points with the MH. But we decided to take that risk..As for the Caravan Club name Change members own Caravans and MH, so why not, I am all for change we have to move with the times . Some will not like it some   will love it and some don't care . I say enjoy what the Club has to Offer. 

Tinwheeler replied on 01/03/2017 21:20

Posted on 01/03/2017 20:51 by Wherenext

TW - do me a favour please, try and make sure that anyone reading your post about M/H haters is aware that they are a minority. I like to think that the majority of members are not prejudiced one way or the other, as I hope that a few of us have shown to you. Thanks.

Posted on 01/03/2017 21:20

I think everyone knows that, WN, but to have the existence of the few dissenters doubted calls for a response. 

Having never met the anti-MHers before, I know well that most people display the same open minded friendliness as yourself. smile

Wherenext replied on 01/03/2017 21:31

Posted on 01/03/2017 21:20 by Tinwheeler

I think everyone knows that, WN, but to have the existence of the few dissenters doubted calls for a response. 

Having never met the anti-MHers before, I know well that most people display the same open minded friendliness as yourself. smile

Posted on 01/03/2017 21:31

smile

Rob56Nette48 replied on 01/03/2017 23:22

Posted on 01/03/2017 23:22

As owners of Greetham Retreat CL in Lincolnshire we do not really care what the club desided to call itself.  

The isssue for us is the timing of the name change at the end of February and lack of warning or consultation!!!!!   We have purchesed uniforms, stationary and advertising leaflets all promoting our CL site and all displaying the old CC logo and club name.  

Why on earth didn't the CC tell us in advance so that we didin't waste all our money this year on stuff that is immediatley out of date.  This has cost us several hundreds of pounds which is now wasted and is a cost that we will never recoupe.  Thanks for your consideration!!!!!  Not!!!!

Rob Folwell owner

Greetham Retreat CL in Lincolnshire

Website @ www.greethamretreat.co.uk/touring-caravans

Email: holidays@greethamretreat.co.uk

This topic has been locked, no new replies can be added.

near Malvern Hills Club Campsite Member photo by Andrew Cole

Book a late escape

There's still availability at many popular UK Club campsites - find your perfect pitch today for a last minute trip!

Book now
Woman sitting in camping chair by Wastwater in the Lake District with her two dogs and picnic blanket

Follow us on Facebook

Follow the Caravan and Motorhome Club via our official Facebook page for latest news, holiday ideas, events, activities and special offers.

Photo of Wast Water, Lake District by Sue Peace
Visit Facebook