The same Club, just better...

RochelleCC replied on 21/02/2017 08:40

Posted on 21/02/2017 08:40

Welcome to the Caravan and Motorhome Club.

Ever since we came together as a group of outdoor enthusiasts 110 years ago, our Club has continued on a journey of discovery. It's time for us to make some changes for the better by redefining who we are to help you get the most of the great outdoors.

I’m sure you all have lots of questions, please post your feedback and queries in this thread.

What does our new logo mean? We created a video to explain how we created it:

Find out more at www.camc.com/discover

blueroom23 replied on 01/03/2017 16:14

Posted on 28/02/2017 19:33 by David2115

Surely they will do some sort of focus group and the surveys they send will encompass this change of branding. But we we will see 

Posted on 01/03/2017 16:14

With respect for your post, surely focus groups ie market research, come BEFORE the rebrand.  If a host of focus group attendees post to confirm involvement I shall back off.

Tinwheeler replied on 01/03/2017 16:26

Posted on 01/03/2017 16:08 by huskydog

So while you are throwing your toys out the pram I am busy planning my next breaks away ,not bothered what they call the "club" as long as there are sites to book ,sorry but I don't see it as my club ,but just an organisation to book some holidays with (along with other organisations)  

Motorhomes...I thought we were always welcome undecided

Posted on 01/03/2017 16:26

Good post, Husky. It's good to keep things in perspective.

I, too, hadn't realised we MH-ers are the spawn of the devil prior to reading this thread. It's been an eye opener in more ways than one.

blueroom23 replied on 01/03/2017 16:31

So while you are throwing your toys out the pram I am busy planning my next breaks away ,not bothered what they call the "club" as long as there are sites to book ,sorry but I don't see it as my club ,but just an organisation to book some holidays with (along with other organisations)  

Posted on 01/03/2017 16:31

Well good luck on your booking.  Perhaps we have already booked ???  Or perhaps not, due to all the sites we want to go to being already full by New Year ???? Or perhaps trying to gain the information we require for CLs is very shaky, literally, as website still leaps around and won't stabilise ?  Or perhaps, as sites for a couple are so expensive now, it is better value to pay a bit more for a package tour ?

Motorhomes - barely register them, of course you are welcome - how do you know I am not awaiting delivery of a motorhome to travel to much cheaper sites abroad ?

Questions, questions !! I'm off into loft to find a pram and some toys.

Tinwheeler replied on 01/03/2017 16:34

Posted on 01/03/2017 16:31 by blueroom23

Well good luck on your booking.  Perhaps we have already booked ???  Or perhaps not, due to all the sites we want to go to being already full by New Year ???? Or perhaps trying to gain the information we require for CLs is very shaky, literally, as website still leaps around and won't stabilise ?  Or perhaps, as sites for a couple are so expensive now, it is better value to pay a bit more for a package tour ?

Motorhomes - barely register them, of course you are welcome - how do you know I am not awaiting delivery of a motorhome to travel to much cheaper sites abroad ?

Posted on 01/03/2017 16:34

At least you found your sense of humour.

JVB66 replied on 01/03/2017 16:39

Posted on 01/03/2017 16:39

Motor caravans have been welcome since 1962 or 55 years after inception of the Caravan Clubwink

huskydog replied on 01/03/2017 16:46

Posted on 01/03/2017 16:31 by blueroom23

Posted on 01/03/2017 16:46

cool

replied on 01/03/2017 16:47

Posted on 01/03/2017 16:26 by Tinwheeler

Good post, Husky. It's good to keep things in perspective.

I, too, hadn't realised we MH-ers are the spawn of the devil prior to reading this thread. It's been an eye opener in more ways than one.

Posted on 01/03/2017 16:47

I don't think that animosity to motorhomers staying on CC sites is a common phenomenon 

huskydog replied on 01/03/2017 16:54

Posted on 01/03/2017 16:54

I have just looked at the petition,21 signatures so far undecided, but a comment left by a member left me confused 

quote ....." Fed up with motorhomes having priority of hardstandings " 

does that member know know something I don't know , is there a special handshake to the warden to secure a hardstanding !!surprised

replied on 01/03/2017 17:16

Posted on 01/03/2017 16:54 by huskydog

I have just looked at the petition,21 signatures so far undecided, but a comment left by a member left me confused 

quote ....." Fed up with motorhomes having priority of hardstandings " 

does that member know know something I don't know , is there a special handshake to the warden to secure a hardstanding !!surprised

Posted on 01/03/2017 17:16

The user and all related content has been Deleted User

This topic has been locked, no new replies can be added.

near Malvern Hills Club Campsite Member photo by Andrew Cole

Book a late escape

There's still availability at many popular UK Club campsites - find your perfect pitch today for a last minute trip!

Book now
Woman sitting in camping chair by Wastwater in the Lake District with her two dogs and picnic blanket

Follow us on Facebook

Follow the Caravan and Motorhome Club via our official Facebook page for latest news, holiday ideas, events, activities and special offers.

Photo of Wast Water, Lake District by Sue Peace
Visit Facebook