The same Club, just better...

RochelleCC replied on 21/02/2017 08:40

Posted on 21/02/2017 08:40

Welcome to the Caravan and Motorhome Club.

Ever since we came together as a group of outdoor enthusiasts 110 years ago, our Club has continued on a journey of discovery. It's time for us to make some changes for the better by redefining who we are to help you get the most of the great outdoors.

I’m sure you all have lots of questions, please post your feedback and queries in this thread.

What does our new logo mean? We created a video to explain how we created it:

Find out more at www.camc.com/discover

VolvoV70 replied on 01/03/2017 10:51

Posted on 01/03/2017 09:32 by RochelleCC

Hi Ian,

All costs when finalised will be reported to members in the usual way in the Annual Report and Accounts.  That will be a far more accurate representation of the total costs which will then be more transparent to members.

As for the abbreviation, our new website URL is www.camc.com which now reflects in all staff email addresses.

As for my screen name, which a few people have mentioned, these are my initials, so I won't be changing them to CAMC! wink

Posted on 01/03/2017 10:51

With respect Rochelle, you are just avoiding the question.

Nobody expects to be given the finalised costs at this stage. Many of us believe that it is perfectly reasonable to have an estimate (or budget) of the anticipated costs together with an indication of the possible financial benefit to the Club. I find it difficult to believe that these figures are not available.

So, may I ask again for these figures to be provided? - or does the management of the Club think we should be not be told? 

replied on 01/03/2017 10:54

Posted on 01/03/2017 10:54

Probably Commercially Sensitive wink

cyberyacht replied on 01/03/2017 11:10

Posted on 28/02/2017 20:16 by JayEss

NTH makes a good point about the 'journey of investment' on the thread about Mildenhall which has closed and is now lost from the network. Not much investment has been committed to this site and quite a few others are at risk of being lost too. That's before I start on the freehold sites that they've promoted for development  

I joined the club for the site network and the insurance. Not the name or the branding and definitely not for the suggestions of what I can do on my hols. Can we please see some commitment from the club towards maintaining and improving the site and CL network?

Posted on 01/03/2017 11:10

A perusal of the latest Handbook will provide the information on the decline of the network compared with the previous issue in stark figures. I fear that, after the latest issues with the website, the continued exodus of CL's will accelerate.

Michris replied on 01/03/2017 11:54

Posted on 01/03/2017 11:54

I am a critic of the rebranding exercise, both the end result and also the way in which it has been carried out with no direct reference to the membership. It has basically been presented as a 'fait accompli' like it or lump it situation and I personally as a member in the fifth decade of continuous membership feel insulted and disappointed that the executive felt that they could freely act in this undemocratic way.

We are paying for all this and even now are not being told the budgeted cost and I along with VolvoV70 would like to formally request this information is made available to members.

A petition has been started to "Re-instate the Caravan Club Name and Red Pennant Logo" at <www.petitions24.com> ,  like me if you feel strongly about this matter visit this petition and sign up.

Like Cyberyacht we joined the caravan club all those years ago for the better quality Club sites and CL network which seems to now be in decline. 

Chris Boston replied on 01/03/2017 12:16

Posted on 01/03/2017 12:16

The new logo reminded me of one used for an ice cream maker so does this mean that we can now buy Walls ice cream at all the club sites?

Boff replied on 01/03/2017 14:53

Posted on 01/03/2017 10:54 by

Probably Commercially Sensitive wink

Posted on 01/03/2017 14:53

I think that there is a problem with your keyboard ET as it has displayed the word sensitive, when surely you must have typed embarrassing.

The Club is not listed on the stock exchange, its shares aren't traded so the information isn't really commercially sensitive, unless a member was to say how much and not renew their subscription.

replied on 01/03/2017 15:10

Posted on 01/03/2017 15:10

Wouldn't want 'The Other Club's' members laughing up their sleeves would we? 

blueroom23 replied on 01/03/2017 15:59

Posted on 01/03/2017 15:59

'Come on ,stop all this negativity , ok ,it's a name change ,but does it stop us getting out there and having fun ??????'

It is NOT just a name change, how naïve !  It has been the best kept secret I have ever encountered, a gross insult to members, To tell us our committee representatives agreed it - well, who is my committee representative ?   When did s/he ask my opinion which s/he is supposed to be representing ? With publications, websites, advertising, logos, the magazine, the directory, signage, uniforms, exhibition stands,, stationary, liaison with service providers like insurance, badges, rally flags, demo vehicles, all the promotional gadgets... it will already have cost OUR club an absolute fortune. Staff hours, meetings, negotiations, design experiments etc.  All done in deceitful secrecy - didn't you trust us to say yes, CC ?  I want a FULL account of the costs of this and the directors should hang their heads in shame. Their arrogance is unheard of in terms of patronising their MEMBERS  - because, make no mistake, it is OUR club, not theirs.  When the very flawed new website was launched did they think to include us in their secret plans, new directory already published and hidden from our eyes ? I have no problem with modernising.  Motorhomes - of course we welcome you.  It is the deceit I am angry at.

blueroom23 replied on 01/03/2017 16:07

Posted on 28/02/2017 15:46 by DavidSquires

Please advise, exactly what consultation took place and when because I am yet to read a post on here that indicates it was written by someone who was actually asked.

Posted on 01/03/2017 16:07

I notice Rochelle keeps using the term 'we think'.  Who is 'we' ?  It is certainly not 'US' the members.

huskydog replied on 01/03/2017 16:08

Posted on 01/03/2017 15:59 by blueroom23

'Come on ,stop all this negativity , ok ,it's a name change ,but does it stop us getting out there and having fun ??????'

It is NOT just a name change, how naïve !  It has been the best kept secret I have ever encountered, a gross insult to members, To tell us our committee representatives agreed it - well, who is my committee representative ?   When did s/he ask my opinion which s/he is supposed to be representing ? With publications, websites, advertising, logos, the magazine, the directory, signage, uniforms, exhibition stands,, stationary, liaison with service providers like insurance, badges, rally flags, demo vehicles, all the promotional gadgets... it will already have cost OUR club an absolute fortune. Staff hours, meetings, negotiations, design experiments etc.  All done in deceitful secrecy - didn't you trust us to say yes, CC ?  I want a FULL account of the costs of this and the directors should hang their heads in shame. Their arrogance is unheard of in terms of patronising their MEMBERS  - because, make no mistake, it is OUR club, not theirs.  When the very flawed new website was launched did they think to include us in their secret plans, new directory already published and hidden from our eyes ? I have no problem with modernising.  Motorhomes - of course we welcome you.  It is the deceit I am angry at.

Posted on 01/03/2017 16:08

So while you are throwing your toys out the pram I am busy planning my next breaks away ,not bothered what they call the "club" as long as there are sites to book ,sorry but I don't see it as my club ,but just an organisation to book some holidays with (along with other organisations)  

Motorhomes...I thought we were always welcome undecided

This topic has been locked, no new replies can be added.

near Malvern Hills Club Campsite Member photo by Andrew Cole

Book a late escape

There's still availability at many popular UK Club campsites - find your perfect pitch today for a last minute trip!

Book now
Woman sitting in camping chair by Wastwater in the Lake District with her two dogs and picnic blanket

Follow us on Facebook

Follow the Caravan and Motorhome Club via our official Facebook page for latest news, holiday ideas, events, activities and special offers.

Photo of Wast Water, Lake District by Sue Peace
Visit Facebook