The same Club, just better...

RochelleCC replied on 21/02/2017 08:40

Posted on 21/02/2017 08:40

Welcome to the Caravan and Motorhome Club.

Ever since we came together as a group of outdoor enthusiasts 110 years ago, our Club has continued on a journey of discovery. It's time for us to make some changes for the better by redefining who we are to help you get the most of the great outdoors.

I’m sure you all have lots of questions, please post your feedback and queries in this thread.

What does our new logo mean? We created a video to explain how we created it:

Find out more at www.camc.com/discover

Bakers2 replied on 28/02/2017 17:35

Posted on 28/02/2017 17:34 by Navigateur

Has anyone tried puting the "stickers" on their caraven (trailer or motor) window yet?  With many manufacturers having used a brown tint to the plastic for many years I wonder if the logo will actually show at all. It certainly does not show through the ugly kid factory tint glass in my Land Rover.

Posted on 28/02/2017 17:35

Ours are in the bin. Don't put stickers on our vehicles.

Do you think it was thought through 😉

Sir Bruin replied on 28/02/2017 17:36

Posted on 28/02/2017 16:42 by JohnM20

But just look at the high number of non-regular posters that are so incensed with the change and the expense thereof that they have felt compelled to vent their feeling. I don't see an equal number of people that are happy coming on here to confirm that.

Posted on 28/02/2017 17:36

Just for the record then - I'm happy.

I like the logo and I have no objection to the change of name.  I pay my 49 quid a year to have access to club sites an CL sites. For that small fee, I do not expect to be consulted on decisions such as this. I certainly do not wish anyone to resign nor do I see any reason for them to do so. I am happy with club's statement much earlier in this thread regarding the way that this has been financed.

I believe that the club has 800,000 members? If half of those are associate/partners of members, that still gives 400,00. If we assume that all 1600 posts on this thread are from seperate members and that they are all opposed to this change, that still leaves a large proportion of members who do not object (or simply do not care).

DaveJ99 replied on 28/02/2017 17:37

Posted on 28/02/2017 14:22 by brue

The Club Council consists of nominated members who make decisions on our behalf. See here

Posted on 28/02/2017 17:37

So the Club Council includes members that are selected by a Committee and elected by a Council.

JVB66 replied on 28/02/2017 17:44

Posted on 28/02/2017 17:36 by Sir Bruin

Just for the record then - I'm happy.

I like the logo and I have no objection to the change of name.  I pay my 49 quid a year to have access to club sites an CL sites. For that small fee, I do not expect to be consulted on decisions such as this. I certainly do not wish anyone to resign nor do I see any reason for them to do so. I am happy with club's statement much earlier in this thread regarding the way that this has been financed.

I believe that the club has 800,000 members? If half of those are associate/partners of members, that still gives 400,00. If we assume that all 1600 posts on this thread are from seperate members and that they are all opposed to this change, that still leaves a large proportion of members who do not object (or simply do not care).

Posted on 28/02/2017 17:44

Anyone know what the face book posters are sayingsurprised

IanH replied on 28/02/2017 19:02

Posted on 28/02/2017 17:35 by Bakers2

Ours are in the bin. Don't put stickers on our vehicles.

Do you think it was thought through 😉

Posted on 28/02/2017 19:02

Same here

replied on 28/02/2017 19:05

Posted on 28/02/2017 16:02 by David2115

It seems a very small proportion of members are against the rebranding judging by the amount of posts in relation to the numbers of members, no way if knowing what people think away from the forum..... apart from asking them via email perhaps or on a survey that is often sent out .... maybe that would be a good idea by the club. Then they would know if it's a good idea. I suspect they will do it at some point  

as previously said I think it's a good idea to rebrand. 

Posted on 28/02/2017 19:05

no way if knowing what people think away from the forum..... apart from asking them via email perhaps or on a survey that is often sent out .... maybe that would be a good idea by the club. Then they would know if it's a good idea. I suspect they will do it at some point

I very much doubt it laughing

IanH replied on 28/02/2017 19:10

Posted on 28/02/2017 15:36 by RochelleCC

Hi Ian,

Sorry for the delayed response, must have missed your post.

Whilst I don't have exact numbers, the costs are being met from normal trading expenses.  It is affordable and will not affect any of The Club’s plans for investment in sites or club services.  Many of the costs are in consumable items such as uniforms, signage and so on which need replacing on an ongoing basis in any case. We have delayed the launch of the sites directory and handbook (which will be distributed this month) for example to make sure that this has the new branding for all of its two year life and so there has been no extra costs incurred.

We expect that the new brand will generate a higher profile and increased interest for the Club which will improve membership recruitment and retention and increase usage of club services so that the Club is even more successful in the future than it is now. 

With regards to the abbreviation, we're using CAMC smile

Posted on 28/02/2017 19:10

Thanks Rochelle.

But with respect, if tbe Club management don't have a figure for tbe expenditure, wouldn't that be rather irresponsible?

Similarly, surely there would be a business case for this change, which would include a projected increase in revenue.

Would it be posible to obtain these figures and post them?

Thanks for clarying the abbreviation. I think this needs to be better publicised.

David2115 replied on 28/02/2017 19:33

Posted on 28/02/2017 19:05 by

no way if knowing what people think away from the forum..... apart from asking them via email perhaps or on a survey that is often sent out .... maybe that would be a good idea by the club. Then they would know if it's a good idea. I suspect they will do it at some point

I very much doubt it laughing

Posted on 28/02/2017 19:33

Surely they will do some sort of focus group and the surveys they send will encompass this change of branding. But we we will see 

GodivaNige replied on 28/02/2017 20:03

Posted on 28/02/2017 16:02 by David2115

It seems a very small proportion of members are against the rebranding judging by the amount of posts in relation to the numbers of members, no way if knowing what people think away from the forum..... apart from asking them via email perhaps or on a survey that is often sent out .... maybe that would be a good idea by the club. Then they would know if it's a good idea. I suspect they will do it at some point  

as previously said I think it's a good idea to rebrand. 

Posted on 28/02/2017 20:03

They (being the Club hierarchy) will know if it's all been a good idea if the membership numbers increase, site bookings increase, services sales increase etc.

They don't need a survey to find out what people think, they can look at a computer screen with the monthly accounts and sales figures laid out in front of them.

JayEss replied on 28/02/2017 20:16

Posted on 28/02/2017 20:16

NTH makes a good point about the 'journey of investment' on the thread about Mildenhall which has closed and is now lost from the network. Not much investment has been committed to this site and quite a few others are at risk of being lost too. That's before I start on the freehold sites that they've promoted for development  

I joined the club for the site network and the insurance. Not the name or the branding and definitely not for the suggestions of what I can do on my hols. Can we please see some commitment from the club towards maintaining and improving the site and CL network?

This topic has been locked, no new replies can be added.

near Malvern Hills Club Campsite Member photo by Andrew Cole

Book a late escape

There's still availability at many popular UK Club campsites - find your perfect pitch today for a last minute trip!

Book now
Woman sitting in camping chair by Wastwater in the Lake District with her two dogs and picnic blanket

Follow us on Facebook

Follow the Caravan and Motorhome Club via our official Facebook page for latest news, holiday ideas, events, activities and special offers.

Photo of Wast Water, Lake District by Sue Peace
Visit Facebook