The same Club, just better...

RochelleCC replied on 21/02/2017 08:40

Posted on 21/02/2017 08:40

Welcome to the Caravan and Motorhome Club.

Ever since we came together as a group of outdoor enthusiasts 110 years ago, our Club has continued on a journey of discovery. It's time for us to make some changes for the better by redefining who we are to help you get the most of the great outdoors.

I’m sure you all have lots of questions, please post your feedback and queries in this thread.

What does our new logo mean? We created a video to explain how we created it:

Find out more at www.camc.com/discover

RRAK replied on 28/02/2017 20:52

Posted on 28/02/2017 20:52

Changing the brand was a totally unnecessary exercise which no doubt will cost hundreds of thousands of pounds and this coming  just a short time after spending big money on changing the colour of the signage at sites - again an unnecessary expenditure which just made the signs more difficult to read!        The money spent could have been better used in updating some sites and stabilising the site fees for a year or two perhaps.     There seems to be people at the head of our Club, perhaps not even caravanners,  who continually want to be interfering and making changes perhaps to try and justify their positions and salaries.        I think an injection of people  at the top who would be more inclined to efficiency and practicality would benefit our Club rather than a change of the brand.  

My sites handbook has not yet arrived so I cannot comment on it other than to say that I could have put it to good use many weeks ago.

replied on 28/02/2017 20:56

Posted on 28/02/2017 20:56

Browsing the Caravan and Motorhome Club Website I looked at 'Our Guide To Club Together'. Is this the new vibrant image welcoming young members?

janhsmn replied on 28/02/2017 20:58

Posted on 27/02/2017 12:21 by DaveJ99
Content has been removed.

Posted on 28/02/2017 20:58

That's made me laugh, how to use lots of words to say nothing. 

DavidKlyne replied on 28/02/2017 20:59

Posted on 28/02/2017 16:42 by JohnM20

But just look at the high number of non-regular posters that are so incensed with the change and the expense thereof that they have felt compelled to vent their feeling. I don't see an equal number of people that are happy coming on here to confirm that.

Posted on 28/02/2017 20:59

That has always been the way on Club Together, there have been a number of instances over the years. You also have the drill down into the complaints as they fall into several categories. There are those who are totally against the idea, There are those that are concerned about the cost, but would they agree if it was cost free or a small amount of cost? There are those that don't like the logo, There are those that don't want the word motorhome in the name. So there are a range of complaints which don't all point to not completely liking the change. What we need is someone brave enough to wade through all the replies and put them into categories for us, where is Rogher  when you need him? I think we would all have been a bit surprised had the boot been on the other foot there were more posts praising the change than the other way roundsmile

David

G Cherokee replied on 28/02/2017 22:00

Posted on 28/02/2017 17:36 by Sir Bruin

Just for the record then - I'm happy.

I like the logo and I have no objection to the change of name.  I pay my 49 quid a year to have access to club sites an CL sites. For that small fee, I do not expect to be consulted on decisions such as this. I certainly do not wish anyone to resign nor do I see any reason for them to do so. I am happy with club's statement much earlier in this thread regarding the way that this has been financed.

I believe that the club has 800,000 members? If half of those are associate/partners of members, that still gives 400,00. If we assume that all 1600 posts on this thread are from seperate members and that they are all opposed to this change, that still leaves a large proportion of members who do not object (or simply do not care).

Posted on 28/02/2017 22:00

I to would like to type up a positive statement,             

But to be honest, 1635 posts and I`m bored now,       

So I`ll just say..........What he said    ----------- 

GodivaNige replied on 28/02/2017 22:02

Posted on 28/02/2017 21:59 by Robeno
Content has been removed.

Posted on 28/02/2017 22:02

A prime example of posters not reading back through previous posts. It's no surprise this thread is so long, it has more repeats than Top Gear on Dave laughinglaughinglaughing

JVB66 replied on 28/02/2017 22:07

Posted on 28/02/2017 20:59 by DavidKlyne

That has always been the way on Club Together, there have been a number of instances over the years. You also have the drill down into the complaints as they fall into several categories. There are those who are totally against the idea, There are those that are concerned about the cost, but would they agree if it was cost free or a small amount of cost? There are those that don't like the logo, There are those that don't want the word motorhome in the name. So there are a range of complaints which don't all point to not completely liking the change. What we need is someone brave enough to wade through all the replies and put them into categories for us, where is Rogher  when you need him? I think we would all have been a bit surprised had the boot been on the other foot there were more posts praising the change than the other way roundsmile

David

Posted on 28/02/2017 22:07

David are you reading from the EGH Q&A spreadsheet before postingwink

RochelleCC replied on 01/03/2017 09:32

Posted on 28/02/2017 19:10 by IanH

Thanks Rochelle.

But with respect, if tbe Club management don't have a figure for tbe expenditure, wouldn't that be rather irresponsible?

Similarly, surely there would be a business case for this change, which would include a projected increase in revenue.

Would it be posible to obtain these figures and post them?

Thanks for clarying the abbreviation. I think this needs to be better publicised.

Posted on 01/03/2017 09:32

Hi Ian,

All costs when finalised will be reported to members in the usual way in the Annual Report and Accounts.  That will be a far more accurate representation of the total costs which will then be more transparent to members.

As for the abbreviation, our new website URL is www.camc.com which now reflects in all staff email addresses.

As for my screen name, which a few people have mentioned, these are my initials, so I won't be changing them to CAMC! wink

replied on 01/03/2017 09:37

Posted on 01/03/2017 09:37

As for the abbreviation, our new website URL is www.camc.com which now reflects in all staff email addresses.

I think that I might abbreviate it further and reduce effort when typing. CC is easier for me smile

This topic has been locked, no new replies can be added.

near Malvern Hills Club Campsite Member photo by Andrew Cole

Book a late escape

There's still availability at many popular UK Club campsites - find your perfect pitch today for a last minute trip!

Book now
Woman sitting in camping chair by Wastwater in the Lake District with her two dogs and picnic blanket

Follow us on Facebook

Follow the Caravan and Motorhome Club via our official Facebook page for latest news, holiday ideas, events, activities and special offers.

Photo of Wast Water, Lake District by Sue Peace
Visit Facebook