The same Club, just better...

RochelleCC replied on 21/02/2017 08:40

Posted on 21/02/2017 08:40

Welcome to the Caravan and Motorhome Club.

Ever since we came together as a group of outdoor enthusiasts 110 years ago, our Club has continued on a journey of discovery. It's time for us to make some changes for the better by redefining who we are to help you get the most of the great outdoors.

I’m sure you all have lots of questions, please post your feedback and queries in this thread.

What does our new logo mean? We created a video to explain how we created it:

Find out more at www.camc.com/discover

Wildwood replied on 28/02/2017 15:59

Posted on 28/02/2017 15:36 by RochelleCC

Hi Ian,

Sorry for the delayed response, must have missed your post.

Whilst I don't have exact numbers, the costs are being met from normal trading expenses.  It is affordable and will not affect any of The Club’s plans for investment in sites or club services.  Many of the costs are in consumable items such as uniforms, signage and so on which need replacing on an ongoing basis in any case. We have delayed the launch of the sites directory and handbook (which will be distributed this month) for example to make sure that this has the new branding for all of its two year life and so there has been no extra costs incurred.

We expect that the new brand will generate a higher profile and increased interest for the Club which will improve membership recruitment and retention and increase usage of club services so that the Club is even more successful in the future than it is now. 

With regards to the abbreviation, we're using CAMC smile

Posted on 28/02/2017 15:59

I have nothing against the new name but it would have been fairly easy to reduce the costs by adding the letter and badge, if anybody wants one, to the magazine for those who get it.

Frankly it is the logo which I can see no basis for using and seems to be the most consistently disliked one I have ever come across. I get the impression we will not see the members using the logo on their cars, caravans or motorhomes, because they hate it. The thing does not work on any level, it is meaningless, and the choice just baffles me.

David2115 replied on 28/02/2017 16:02

Posted on 28/02/2017 16:02

It seems a very small proportion of members are against the rebranding judging by the amount of posts in relation to the numbers of members, no way if knowing what people think away from the forum..... apart from asking them via email perhaps or on a survey that is often sent out .... maybe that would be a good idea by the club. Then they would know if it's a good idea. I suspect they will do it at some point  

as previously said I think it's a good idea to rebrand. 

JohnM20 replied on 28/02/2017 16:08

Posted on 28/02/2017 16:02 by David2115

It seems a very small proportion of members are against the rebranding judging by the amount of posts in relation to the numbers of members, no way if knowing what people think away from the forum..... apart from asking them via email perhaps or on a survey that is often sent out .... maybe that would be a good idea by the club. Then they would know if it's a good idea. I suspect they will do it at some point  

as previously said I think it's a good idea to rebrand. 

Posted on 28/02/2017 16:08

But, David, put it round the other way, There is a very small number of post on this thread that support the rebrand / logo so as a statistical sample, which is the predominant opinion?

David2115 replied on 28/02/2017 16:16

Posted on 28/02/2017 16:08 by JohnM20

But, David, put it round the other way, There is a very small number of post on this thread that support the rebrand / logo so as a statistical sample, which is the predominant opinion?

Posted on 28/02/2017 16:16

Yes statistics can be used in many ways. But I do think most people are more likely to go on a forum to vent anger than to go on and say they like the change. As most protests prove. 

JohnM20 replied on 28/02/2017 16:42

Posted on 28/02/2017 16:16 by David2115

Yes statistics can be used in many ways. But I do think most people are more likely to go on a forum to vent anger than to go on and say they like the change. As most protests prove. 

Posted on 28/02/2017 16:42

But just look at the high number of non-regular posters that are so incensed with the change and the expense thereof that they have felt compelled to vent their feeling. I don't see an equal number of people that are happy coming on here to confirm that.

replied on 28/02/2017 16:43

Posted on 28/02/2017 16:43

The user and all related content has been Deleted User

exlibris replied on 28/02/2017 17:04

Posted on 28/02/2017 17:04

Despite wading through pages and pages of comments, I have yet to see any proper response from the club in answer to the frequently asked question regarding when and how the members were consulted regarding these changes.

As a member for over 42 years with over 600 rallies, 88 Club Sites and numerous CLs under my belt, I would have thought my opinion should have counted for something.

I served on the Members Panel for it's entire duration, but cannot recall any survey or consultation regarding this radical change.

My very faded 42year old red pennant flag will continue to flutter at the front of the van and my original enamel Caravan Club badge will stay on the grill of my car. I will NOT display the new stickers or any other merchandise displaying the new logo.

BigBird57 replied on 28/02/2017 17:11

Posted on 28/02/2017 17:11

And there it is!

Just got my latest "Sites Directory and Handbook" and low and behold the ONLY vehicle on the front cover is a Motorhome!

On the whole I have no feelings regarding Motorhomes or their owners, each to their own, but as MY Caravan Club was re branded with the name "Caravan and Motorhome Club" it would have been considerate of the hierarchy to include a caravan somewhere on the cover!

"Upwards and Onwards! is the cry from our leaders, but on the MAIN publication to ALL Members one section of the new branded name is missing from the FRONT COVER!

As a Caravan owner and Caravan Club Member for several years this really does make me feel wanted!!!

There are ways to make big steps like this in the Business world, but a whole lot more thought and consideration to the grass roots Membership would have gone a long way.

I do hope its all worth it.

Tinwheeler replied on 28/02/2017 17:33

Posted on 28/02/2017 16:42 by JohnM20

But just look at the high number of non-regular posters that are so incensed with the change and the expense thereof that they have felt compelled to vent their feeling. I don't see an equal number of people that are happy coming on here to confirm that.

Posted on 28/02/2017 17:33

Perhaps we've got other things to do or don't really give a hoot, John.

Navigateur replied on 28/02/2017 17:34

Posted on 28/02/2017 17:34

Has anyone tried puting the "stickers" on their caraven (trailer or motor) window yet?  With many manufacturers having used a brown tint to the plastic for many years I wonder if the logo will actually show at all. It certainly does not show through the ugly kid factory tint glass in my Land Rover.

This topic has been locked, no new replies can be added.

near Malvern Hills Club Campsite Member photo by Andrew Cole

Book a late escape

There's still availability at many popular UK Club campsites - find your perfect pitch today for a last minute trip!

Book now
Woman sitting in camping chair by Wastwater in the Lake District with her two dogs and picnic blanket

Follow us on Facebook

Follow the Caravan and Motorhome Club via our official Facebook page for latest news, holiday ideas, events, activities and special offers.

Photo of Wast Water, Lake District by Sue Peace
Visit Facebook