The same Club, just better...

RochelleCC replied on 21/02/2017 08:40

Posted on 21/02/2017 08:40

Welcome to the Caravan and Motorhome Club.

Ever since we came together as a group of outdoor enthusiasts 110 years ago, our Club has continued on a journey of discovery. It's time for us to make some changes for the better by redefining who we are to help you get the most of the great outdoors.

I’m sure you all have lots of questions, please post your feedback and queries in this thread.

What does our new logo mean? We created a video to explain how we created it:

Find out more at www.camc.com/discover

replied on 02/03/2017 07:51

Posted on 02/03/2017 07:51

I agree Rob it was a pretty poor show by the CC not to simply warn that there would be a change to the name or logo and that details were not confirmed. After all this little cunning stunt was not thought up a pre Christmas board lunch ............... although that is hard to believe sometimes when there are things that have not been thought out. 

I would use your logo'd stuff as you will be dealing with CC members who for the most part will be happy to see the old logo. As for motorvanner I cannot see that they felt too badly about not being named individually, I certainly didn't when I had a trailer tent.

JohnM20 replied on 02/03/2017 08:00

Posted on 01/03/2017 18:48 by dave the rave

Even The Caravan Club must be aware that vynil stickers will damage plastic windows (as fitted to all caravans and most motorcaravans) Why do "they" think that they need to be supplied?Oh dear,I seem to be questioning the wisdom of "the management"

Posted on 02/03/2017 08:00

Speaking as a retired technical director of an adhesive company let me correct this misconception in the context of the new 'stickers'. It is true that  the solvent in some adhesives used on self adhesive labels can affect acrylic but in this instance the new vinyl 'stickers', like the Caravan Club predecessors, have no adhesive. They are self cling and attach themselves to the acrylic windows by electrostatic cohesion which cannot affect the acrylic.

Let me also say that my new stickers will never see the light of day again, not because I'm particularly against the name change or because I dislike the logo but because of the way this has been done and all the money spent on this change cannot be spent again improving and acquiring sites and creating more hard standings, particularly for this expected increase(?) in motorhomes.

replied on 02/03/2017 08:05

Posted on 01/03/2017 20:15 by Tinwheeler

They're here, David. You admit you've not read all the thread so that's why you've missed them and are consequently talking about things outside the scope of your knowledge but I guess we're used to that on here.

Posted on 02/03/2017 08:05

The user and all related content has been Deleted User

dodgydave22 replied on 02/03/2017 08:19

Posted on 02/03/2017 08:19

Why don't CAMC do an agony Aunt page anymore.?Caravan and Motorhome Problems. Snappily could be called CAMP

dmiller555 replied on 02/03/2017 08:25

Posted on 01/03/2017 23:22 by Rob56Nette48

As owners of Greetham Retreat CL in Lincolnshire we do not really care what the club desided to call itself.  

The isssue for us is the timing of the name change at the end of February and lack of warning or consultation!!!!!   We have purchesed uniforms, stationary and advertising leaflets all promoting our CL site and all displaying the old CC logo and club name.  

Why on earth didn't the CC tell us in advance so that we didin't waste all our money this year on stuff that is immediatley out of date.  This has cost us several hundreds of pounds which is now wasted and is a cost that we will never recoupe.  Thanks for your consideration!!!!!  Not!!!!

Rob Folwell owner

Greetham Retreat CL in Lincolnshire

Website @ www.greethamretreat.co.uk/touring-caravans

Email: holidays@greethamretreat.co.uk

Posted on 02/03/2017 08:25

I agree that it shows a lack of thought and planning on the part of HO.

I've obviously no idea of your contract with the CMC but in your position, if the contract obliged me to display the new logo, I would send HO an invoice for costs incurred due to the lack of reasonable notice.  

We shall arrange to visit you during the course of the year and shall expect to see you proudly wearing you new (old) CC clothing. wink

papgeno replied on 02/03/2017 09:03

Posted on 02/03/2017 09:03

The powers that be have displayed a similar lack of courtesy in relation to the closure of the Mildenhall site by taking bookings for Easter which they have no intention of honouring. 

BJB replied on 02/03/2017 10:58

Posted on 02/03/2017 10:58

What a waste of money the  name and logo is the money could of been spent on much more worthy things what about tradition they could of asked the membership first before changing I have not met any one who likes it I have just cancelled my membership and was told  they had not heard of any one not liking it obviously they don't read the feed backs

replied on 02/03/2017 11:00

Posted on 02/03/2017 11:00

told they had not heard of any one not liking it

Tell me that you made that one up! frown

Metheven replied on 02/03/2017 11:05

Posted on 02/03/2017 10:58 by BJB

What a waste of money the  name and logo is the money could of been spent on much more worthy things what about tradition they could of asked the membership first before changing I have not met any one who likes it I have just cancelled my membership and was told  they had not heard of any one not liking it obviously they don't read the feed backs

Posted on 02/03/2017 11:05

Obviously with you cancelling your membership the CC had no content that interested you anyway, such as sites, CL's and travel. Best you be gone then laughing

JVB66 replied on 02/03/2017 11:08

Posted on 02/03/2017 11:08

The way the "club" senior staff? look through rose tinted glasses  at any of their ideas, it should not surprise  any one that they would say they have not recd any negative responses,when we were at Birmingham Grenville Chamberlin was saying that the "re brand" was being recd well? but when we spoke to other members on the stand it was "WHY?"

This topic has been locked, no new replies can be added.

near Malvern Hills Club Campsite Member photo by Andrew Cole

Book a late escape

There's still availability at many popular UK Club campsites - find your perfect pitch today for a last minute trip!

Book now
Woman sitting in camping chair by Wastwater in the Lake District with her two dogs and picnic blanket

Follow us on Facebook

Follow the Caravan and Motorhome Club via our official Facebook page for latest news, holiday ideas, events, activities and special offers.

Photo of Wast Water, Lake District by Sue Peace
Visit Facebook