The same Club, just better...

RochelleCC replied on 21/02/2017 08:40

Posted on 21/02/2017 08:40

Welcome to the Caravan and Motorhome Club.

Ever since we came together as a group of outdoor enthusiasts 110 years ago, our Club has continued on a journey of discovery. It's time for us to make some changes for the better by redefining who we are to help you get the most of the great outdoors.

I’m sure you all have lots of questions, please post your feedback and queries in this thread.

What does our new logo mean? We created a video to explain how we created it:

Find out more at www.camc.com/discover

replied on 25/02/2017 22:27

Posted on 25/02/2017 22:27

Very few have said they would not renew David. many have voiced there disappointment however, as have I - not about the name change as such. 

replied on 25/02/2017 22:30

Posted on 25/02/2017 22:20 by GodivaNige

The 'professional' approach may result in a more successful outcome for Rob. While airing his grievance on this forum will undoubtedly gain support from members who are siding with the anti rebrand camp, this won't help his individual cause.

He won't receive the compensation from the contributors on this forum will he? 

Posted on 25/02/2017 22:30

Indeed and obviously I would agree; however I am still grateful for Rob for making us aware as I stated.

I am not sure how many members are anti rebrand and how many are simply aghast at the poor way that it has been executed.

EmilysDad replied on 25/02/2017 22:32

Posted on 25/02/2017 21:57 by GodivaNige

Rob, I feel for you but without trying to rub salt into your already open wounds, this forum is not really the place to be making your complaint without first trying a letter, email or call to your contacts at HO.

Best of luck, hopefully the Club will show a little compassion. Keep your receipts for the promotional material you have had made, and send HO copies with your complaint.

Posted on 25/02/2017 22:32

It might not be the place to complain, but I'm sure Rob will feel better for airing his annoyance at the situation & financial loss.

P.S.. we stayed  at Rob's CL last year ....... very nice too 😊

rkj52 replied on 25/02/2017 22:55

Posted on 25/02/2017 22:20 by GodivaNige

The 'professional' approach may result in a more successful outcome for Rob. While airing his grievance on this forum will undoubtedly gain support from members who are siding with the anti rebrand camp, this won't help his individual cause.

He won't receive the compensation from the contributors on this forum will he? 

Posted on 25/02/2017 22:55

No, he won't, but at least he has told us what an appalling way the cl owners have been treated. We have been told that this was after consultation with members, but even the cl owners were not consulted. Would the club like to make a statement over this.

rkj52 replied on 25/02/2017 22:59

Posted on 25/02/2017 22:59

I read a comment earlier questioning if the club still wants the cl network. I laughed when I saw it, but after reading the above am not laughing now. Wonder how many cl owners will quit and join the other club.

replied on 25/02/2017 23:14

Posted on 25/02/2017 23:14

Wonder how many cl owners will quit and join the other club.

Probably non or very few as hopefully they have a reasonable customer base. 

JoolsDevon replied on 25/02/2017 23:39

Posted on 25/02/2017 23:39

Interestingly, reading the small print at the bottom of the welcome letter (which I have now shredded) it said that The Caravan and motorhome club was a trading name of the Caravan Club,.

so we could all just keep using its real name!

looking at the "about us" on this site.

"The Caravan Club Limited, trading as the Caravan and Motorhome Club, is the owner and operator of www.camc.com (our website) and any applications and/or digital channels provided by us for the purpose of accessing our website, digital magazine or other services (our apps and digitalchannels) (together our digital services). We are a company limited by guarantee registered in England and Wales under company number 646027. Our registered company address is: The Caravan Club, East Grinstead House, East Grinstead, West Sussex RH19 1UA. Our VAT number is 239719331."

Chestrefeldian replied on 26/02/2017 00:18

Posted on 25/02/2017 22:22 by David2115

If some members are so disgusted by this decision instead of threatening to leave then actually do it instead of moaning incessantly. Have the courage of your convictions. Why do you want to be a member of a club that allegedly treats you in this way. 

Put up or shut up !

Posted on 26/02/2017 00:18

... and leave no-one to comment adversely on anything ?

im not sure so many have threatened to leave as there are stating their dissatisfaction.

DavidKlyne replied on 26/02/2017 00:19

Posted on 25/02/2017 21:16 by Rob56Nette48

Will the club compensate us for the 15,000 leaflets we have had printed all with the old logo and club name on them to advertsise our CL site here at Greetham Retreat CL in Lincolnshire.  These cost us over £500 and are now all inaccurate.  Why has the club not informed CL owners of the changes in advance?   To not give any advanced warnings to CL;'s many others will have letterheads, uniforms and other sighnage purchsesd for the new season by now and it will all be wrong and just a waste of money.  Its strange that all your own sites were aware before the announcment but no CL's had any idea what was proposed.  The new CL sign does not appear to even mention the 5 van limit which we allways comply with.   We will have vans turning up and just setting up and  making us break the law by exceeding 5 vans?  This has just not been thought through for the perspective of CL owners.  We are very disapointed with the lack of consideration and thought from the club to CL owners like us who thought we were partners enhancing members chioces and experiances on our sites.  Again would be very interested if you will compenste us the money we spent on advertising so that we can get a complete reprint with the correct logos and club name etc.

Rob Folwell

Greetham Retreat CL.  Website www.greethamretreat.co.uk/touring-caravans

Posted on 26/02/2017 00:19

I don't think you need worry about using the leaflets up as members would understand why the old logo is being used. I imagine that the leaflets are mainly used to promote your holiday lets? If that is the case I am sure most customers might not give a second thought to whether the old or new logo is used? 

David 

Chestrefeldian replied on 26/02/2017 00:38

Posted on 25/02/2017 14:00 by JVB66

So in the past you did not "explore"surprised

Posted on 26/02/2017 00:38

No one ever advertised the fact that we would know that we could or indeed would. Certainly we never received a video to explain why we were the Caravan Club. I think we already knew. It was in our blood. We just caravanned, or Motorhomed, or trailer tented (camped) as the case may be ... and I suspect the brave new explorers will carry on in the same veign regardless of the recent waste of money.

This topic has been locked, no new replies can be added.

near Malvern Hills Club Campsite Member photo by Andrew Cole

Book a late escape

There's still availability at many popular UK Club campsites - find your perfect pitch today for a last minute trip!

Book now
Woman sitting in camping chair by Wastwater in the Lake District with her two dogs and picnic blanket

Follow us on Facebook

Follow the Caravan and Motorhome Club via our official Facebook page for latest news, holiday ideas, events, activities and special offers.

Photo of Wast Water, Lake District by Sue Peace
Visit Facebook