The same Club, just better...

RochelleCC replied on 21/02/2017 08:40

Posted on 21/02/2017 08:40

Welcome to the Caravan and Motorhome Club.

Ever since we came together as a group of outdoor enthusiasts 110 years ago, our Club has continued on a journey of discovery. It's time for us to make some changes for the better by redefining who we are to help you get the most of the great outdoors.

I’m sure you all have lots of questions, please post your feedback and queries in this thread.

What does our new logo mean? We created a video to explain how we created it:

Find out more at www.camc.com/discover

GTP replied on 26/02/2017 09:59

Posted on 26/02/2017 08:53 by huskydog

I'm going to play "deviles advocate" here , how does the CL network benefit the Club,when it revives no money from them (CL) ,when you the member stay at one no money goes back to the club ,and the club pays and sends out all the signage and advertising??

i am not against the CL network and have and will keep using them ,I'm just asking a question 

Posted on 26/02/2017 09:59

Could it be that most members would not be members (income to club) if it were not for the CL network....fyi, I have heard from many CL owners that there is a move to lobby Natural England to 'look at' the exemption status..with requirements to licences etc...

tommys replied on 26/02/2017 10:25

Posted on 25/02/2017 21:57 by GodivaNige

Rob, I feel for you but without trying to rub salt into your already open wounds, this forum is not really the place to be making your complaint without first trying a letter, email or call to your contacts at HO.

Best of luck, hopefully the Club will show a little compassion. Keep your receipts for the promotional material you have had made, and send HO copies with your complaint.

Posted on 26/02/2017 10:25

Feeling for you Rob is not good enough these people with ideas of grandeur didn't think about all the implications their inane ideas have caused. If this had been put out to the Members (who actually pay the salaries of these chumps) then sense would have prevailed, as it is the cost will be enormous just to erase the affair which, thinking about it, might be a cost saving exercise in the long run.

Spriddler replied on 26/02/2017 10:30

Posted on 26/02/2017 10:30

I very much doubt that motorhomers were put off joining CC because of the name or that existing members didn't renew because there wasn't a name change. One can only assume that it has been done to enlarge the CC membership and income. In which case one hopes that plans and a budget are in place to enlarge the number available sites/pitches.

DavidKlyne replied on 26/02/2017 11:48

I'm going to play "deviles advocate" here , how does the CL network benefit the Club,when it revives no money from them (CL) ,when you the member stay at one no money goes back to the club ,and the club pays and sends out all the signage and advertising??

i am not against the CL network and have and will keep using them ,I'm just asking a question 

Posted on 26/02/2017 11:48

HD

I think there is a significant number of members who mainly use CL sites, I have seen a figure of about 20% but don't quote me. I imagine that without them total membership would be reduced which would have a knock on effect on how the Club as a whole was able to operate. So whilst there is little or no financial benefit for the Club directly from CL's it is the greater benefit of the extra members that are drawn in by having a CL network.

David

rkj52 replied on 26/02/2017 11:52

Posted on 26/02/2017 00:19 by DavidKlyne

I don't think you need worry about using the leaflets up as members would understand why the old logo is being used. I imagine that the leaflets are mainly used to promote your holiday lets? If that is the case I am sure most customers might not give a second thought to whether the old or new logo is used? 

David 

Posted on 26/02/2017 11:52

David,

Think you missed the point. It is the fact that you did not consult or even inform your site owners before you told the public. Matter of interest, were the CC staff at club owned sites or even those at EG informed before the announcement or were they to treated with such disdain.  

rkj52 replied on 26/02/2017 12:12

Posted on 26/02/2017 12:12

Unless it has changed, CL's do pay an annual fee to the CL for registration and inspection and I do not know what the cost is today, but 15 years ago I know it wasn't cheap. 

Willie replied on 26/02/2017 12:23

Posted on 21/02/2017 09:04 by JVB66

So after 110 yrs our club? without ref to its members? has spent ,and will be spending in the future thousands of pounds of money that could be far better invested in sites to keep them open (Mildenhall now gone?)for an ego  trip to change the name of an Institution that is known world wideyell

Posted on 26/02/2017 12:23

I agree with you. I don't think this has been the best use of cash. I didn't see an need for  the renaming but all that was needed logo wise was a slight tweak, keeping the red pennant with horse shoe design with an M inserted between the two Cs would have done the trick and also kept a logo which was immediately identifiable with the club.

The new design is in my opinion horrendous and anyone seeing it would not link it to a caravanning and motorhome club. I watched the video explaining how the logo came about and the only way to describe it is "nonsense".

If the club thought that a new logo was needed would it not have been a better idea to ask the members to send in their own ideas for a new logo and the designer of the one chosen be given vouchers for free nights at club sites.     

br35 replied on 26/02/2017 12:55

Posted on 26/02/2017 12:23 by Willie

I agree with you. I don't think this has been the best use of cash. I didn't see an need for  the renaming but all that was needed logo wise was a slight tweak, keeping the red pennant with horse shoe design with an M inserted between the two Cs would have done the trick and also kept a logo which was immediately identifiable with the club.

The new design is in my opinion horrendous and anyone seeing it would not link it to a caravanning and motorhome club. I watched the video explaining how the logo came about and the only way to describe it is "nonsense".

If the club thought that a new logo was needed would it not have been a better idea to ask the members to send in their own ideas for a new logo and the designer of the one chosen be given vouchers for free nights at club sites.     

Posted on 26/02/2017 12:55

I do not like the sneaky way the club has changed its name. Dread to think what a few people may do without consulting members, Always thought we lived in a democratic club ,yet no vote was given to the members about the name change. Looks like we are not a club but a dictatorship. Heaven help us. 

DodgyRog replied on 26/02/2017 13:04

Posted on 26/02/2017 13:04

Regarding the change in 'The Clubs' name and the comments about the amount this must have cost with creating the new 'branding', which is likely to have been considerable, I wondered just how much value for money the club got for designing the new, and awful, logo. Since the announcement that logo has been bugging me in that I've seen it before, or certainly similar. So I did some 'Googleing' and look what I found. In my opinion it didn't take much to come up with that logo!! value for money? No way.

KENNYG replied on 26/02/2017 13:11

Posted on 26/02/2017 13:11

After 110 years the cc as ended, we are no longer the oldest club.

On the 21st of February 2017 a new club has started in its place.

There are some members out there that were proud to be a member of the cc, but the way they that the cc have gone about the rebranding is atrocious but I suppose we will have to like it or lump it. I will not be getting rid of my old cc stickers the new ones that have being forst upon us are in the bin.cry

This topic has been locked, no new replies can be added.

near Malvern Hills Club Campsite Member photo by Andrew Cole

Book a late escape

There's still availability at many popular UK Club campsites - find your perfect pitch today for a last minute trip!

Book now
Woman sitting in camping chair by Wastwater in the Lake District with her two dogs and picnic blanket

Follow us on Facebook

Follow the Caravan and Motorhome Club via our official Facebook page for latest news, holiday ideas, events, activities and special offers.

Photo of Wast Water, Lake District by Sue Peace
Visit Facebook