The same Club, just better...

RochelleCC replied on 21/02/2017 08:40

Posted on 21/02/2017 08:40

Welcome to the Caravan and Motorhome Club.

Ever since we came together as a group of outdoor enthusiasts 110 years ago, our Club has continued on a journey of discovery. It's time for us to make some changes for the better by redefining who we are to help you get the most of the great outdoors.

I’m sure you all have lots of questions, please post your feedback and queries in this thread.

What does our new logo mean? We created a video to explain how we created it:

Find out more at www.camc.com/discover

Chestrefeldian replied on 26/02/2017 00:45

Posted on 25/02/2017 13:32 by papgeno

I've just read about the brave new world of the CAMC. Full of management and marketing gobbledegook . It seems that I'm no longer a caravanner I'm now an adventurer, an explorer and a pioneer. What a load of tosh.šŸ˜±

Posted on 26/02/2017 00:45

Well, it ispantomime season still, isn't it?

Chestrefeldian replied on 26/02/2017 01:26

Posted on 24/02/2017 16:55 by PhilHeller

As a fellow Perthshire Caravanner have you had the latest magazine and/or Sites Book yet or are we the forgotten ones again?šŸ˜‚

Posted on 26/02/2017 01:26

If you're to have a referendum then we South of the border want one too. 

Si Jo Tom and Ems replied on 26/02/2017 01:46

Posted on 26/02/2017 01:46

Well the stickers arrived as expected,  I have applied them to the van and the car. Must admit if was running a throw your keys into a piss pot party I'd go for this logo ;) Hey ho, guess its one of those good ideas at the time ideas. Things wont have changed that much, Club wise.

cyberyacht replied on 26/02/2017 07:33

Posted on 25/02/2017 23:14 by

Wonder how many cl owners will quit and join the other club.

Probably non or very few as hopefully they have a reasonable customer base. 

Posted on 26/02/2017 07:33

Given the apparent endeavour's of CAMC /CMC or whatever it is these days to decimate the CL network either by design or incompetence, many of those CL customers may already be considering the other club so defection of CL owners could take their customer base with them.

David2115 replied on 26/02/2017 08:43

Posted on 26/02/2017 00:18 by Chestrefeldian

... and leave no-one to comment adversely on anything ?

im not sure so many have threatened to leave as there are stating their dissatisfaction.

Posted on 26/02/2017 08:43

There have been quite a few over the whole thread that are threatening to leave, I'm not saying the ones that are engaging in positive debate should leave just the posters making empty threats to end membership  

this forum has been in demise over the last few months imho, hopefully this debate may  bring more contributors, create discussions that will benefit all. 

huskydog replied on 26/02/2017 08:53

Posted on 26/02/2017 08:53

I'm going to play "deviles advocate" here , how does the CL network benefit the Club,when it revives no money from them (CL) ,when you the member stay at one no money goes back to the club ,and the club pays and sends out all the signage and advertising??

i am not against the CL network and have and will keep using them ,I'm just asking a question 

GVD replied on 26/02/2017 09:00

Posted on 26/02/2017 09:00

Personally I think it would have been more advantageous if the club were to offer reduced rates on their sites, and open more on a year round basis, bearing in mind that the newer caravans are well catered for all year enjoyment.

replied on 26/02/2017 09:08

Posted on 26/02/2017 08:53 by huskydog

I'm going to play "deviles advocate" here , how does the CL network benefit the Club,when it revives no money from them (CL) ,when you the member stay at one no money goes back to the club ,and the club pays and sends out all the signage and advertising??

i am not against the CL network and have and will keep using them ,I'm just asking a question 

Posted on 26/02/2017 09:08

Put simply Husky I see them as an important part of the package. I no longer tend to use CLs but did more so with a young family. As we now tour and move on regularly I find it simpler to use club sites and cost is not an issue. For many younger families joining the use of CLs could be an important cost factor. Also many join one of the clubs with a view to using CLs but may well use club sites also and particularly during off peak

ClubMember127A1B9965 replied on 26/02/2017 09:47

Posted on 21/02/2017 08:40 by RochelleCC

Welcome to the Caravan and Motorhome Club.

Ever since we came together as a group of outdoor enthusiasts 110 years ago, our Club has continued on a journey of discovery. It's time for us to make some changes for the better by redefining who we are to help you get the most of the great outdoors.

Iā€™m sure you all have lots of questions, please post your feedback and queries in this thread.

What does our new logo mean? We created a video to explain how we created it:

Find out more at www.camc.com/discover

Posted on 26/02/2017 09:47

Total waste of money. Was it changed because the board members all have motorhome and the felt that they were not "recognised" as a group. The money wasted on this rebrand could have been better used in doing things that members really want/need like website tweaks/updates and site improvements etc. Also which kindergarten won the competition to design the new logo. I can't believe that a professional company would own up to designing something as crass as this. 

So come on board members and step up to the mark, leave your vanities behind and act in the best interest of the members, like you are supposed to do.

IanH replied on 26/02/2017 09:51

Posted on 26/02/2017 09:51

Oh yes, I just got the 'Richard Briars lookalike' thing.......very good! smile

This topic has been locked, no new replies can be added.

near Malvern Hills Club Campsite Member photo by Andrew Cole

Book a late escape

There's still availability at many popular UK Club campsites - find your perfect pitch today for a last minute trip!

Book now
Woman sitting in camping chair by Wastwater in the Lake District with her two dogs and picnic blanket

Follow us on Facebook

Follow the Caravan and Motorhome Club via our official Facebook page for latest news, holiday ideas, events, activities and special offers.

Photo of Wast Water, Lake District by Sue Peace
Visit Facebook