The same Club, just better...

RochelleCC replied on 21/02/2017 08:40

Posted on 21/02/2017 08:40

Welcome to the Caravan and Motorhome Club.

Ever since we came together as a group of outdoor enthusiasts 110 years ago, our Club has continued on a journey of discovery. It's time for us to make some changes for the better by redefining who we are to help you get the most of the great outdoors.

I’m sure you all have lots of questions, please post your feedback and queries in this thread.

What does our new logo mean? We created a video to explain how we created it:

Find out more at www.camc.com/discover

Vann II replied on 25/02/2017 21:45

Posted on 25/02/2017 12:23 by

Personally I did not like the new logo at first, but must confess its growing on me. However I do not believe the change will have the benefits being suggested. Only time will tell I guess.

I did not like the new logo at first. However as it is in my face every time I click on 'Club Together' button I positively detest it. It is now as appealing to me as a slap in the face with a piece of wet haddock.

Posted on 25/02/2017 21:45

....or a McDonalds 

GodivaNige replied on 25/02/2017 21:57

Posted on 25/02/2017 21:16 by Rob56Nette48

Will the club compensate us for the 15,000 leaflets we have had printed all with the old logo and club name on them to advertsise our CL site here at Greetham Retreat CL in Lincolnshire.  These cost us over £500 and are now all inaccurate.  Why has the club not informed CL owners of the changes in advance?   To not give any advanced warnings to CL;'s many others will have letterheads, uniforms and other sighnage purchsesd for the new season by now and it will all be wrong and just a waste of money.  Its strange that all your own sites were aware before the announcment but no CL's had any idea what was proposed.  The new CL sign does not appear to even mention the 5 van limit which we allways comply with.   We will have vans turning up and just setting up and  making us break the law by exceeding 5 vans?  This has just not been thought through for the perspective of CL owners.  We are very disapointed with the lack of consideration and thought from the club to CL owners like us who thought we were partners enhancing members chioces and experiances on our sites.  Again would be very interested if you will compenste us the money we spent on advertising so that we can get a complete reprint with the correct logos and club name etc.

Rob Folwell

Greetham Retreat CL.  Website www.greethamretreat.co.uk/touring-caravans

Posted on 25/02/2017 21:57

Rob, I feel for you but without trying to rub salt into your already open wounds, this forum is not really the place to be making your complaint without first trying a letter, email or call to your contacts at HO.

Best of luck, hopefully the Club will show a little compassion. Keep your receipts for the promotional material you have had made, and send HO copies with your complaint.

ABM replied on 25/02/2017 21:59

Posted on 25/02/2017 21:59

Feel  for  you  &  the  other  CL  owners  Rob,  it  is  truly  appalling  that  such  a  large  &  popular  section  of  the  Club  Network  has  been  so  appallingly  treated.

My  minor  grouse  about  my  membership  card,  valid  from  1st  March  having  the  Old  Logo  etc  on  it  seems  more  of  a  micro-grouse  in  comparison  !

I  hope  you  get  the  compensation  you  deserve  and  Swiftly.

Brian  A B M

replied on 25/02/2017 22:01

Posted on 25/02/2017 21:57 by GodivaNige

Rob, I feel for you but without trying to rub salt into your already open wounds, this forum is not really the place to be making your complaint without first trying a letter, email or call to your contacts at HO.

Best of luck, hopefully the Club will show a little compassion. Keep your receipts for the promotional material you have had made, and send HO copies with your complaint.

Posted on 25/02/2017 22:01

I am grateful to Rod for bringing this into the open on the other hand

Merve replied on 25/02/2017 22:01

Posted on 21/02/2017 09:12 by RochelleCC

Hi JVB,

The change in name and logo were based on your feedback and in consultation with your representatives on the Committee. Together, we’re embarking on a journey of investment in the future of our Club.

Posted on 25/02/2017 22:01

......Unfortunately, non EHUers will not benefit from the investment! Only people using our very expensive Hook ups will see any improvements.......

moonchip replied on 25/02/2017 22:09

Posted on 25/02/2017 22:09

Name is just a name so personally not bothered either way

The new logo on the other hand is a vast improvement. Clean & simple and far better than the 'old' pennant-style logo which was very dated.

Ian2530 replied on 25/02/2017 22:16

Posted on 25/02/2017 22:16

I am totally disgusted with the club and the apparent contempt it has shown for its membership, After 33 years in the club, perhaps now is the time to leave. What a waste of members hard earned cash, which actually pays for all of this. Far better to have invested in improving the site network. It seems a great club has just been wrecked by fools. As for the idiotic logo, it seems we are now sponsored by Walls Ice Cream ??

As for consulting with the members - a joke ! All done behind closed doors with token consultation. From the out pouring of anger I have seen from members, I think a vote of NO CONFIDENCE in the current management is called for. The club has not just shot itself in the foot, but shot itself in both feet and probably the head as well - a PR disaster it seems. I have not spoken with a single member who has anything positive to say about this debacle. The cost of changing all the club signage, documentation, warden uniforms etc etc is staggering, and for why ? I think those responsible should collect their P.45's at their earliest convenience.  I wonder how many new members the Caravan and Camping Club will pick up after this fiasco. A very angry and unhappy member !

GodivaNige replied on 25/02/2017 22:20

Posted on 25/02/2017 22:01 by

I am grateful to Rod for bringing this into the open on the other hand

Posted on 25/02/2017 22:20

The 'professional' approach may result in a more successful outcome for Rob. While airing his grievance on this forum will undoubtedly gain support from members who are siding with the anti rebrand camp, this won't help his individual cause.

He won't receive the compensation from the contributors on this forum will he? 

David2115 replied on 25/02/2017 22:22

Posted on 25/02/2017 22:22

If some members are so disgusted by this decision instead of threatening to leave then actually do it instead of moaning incessantly. Have the courage of your convictions. Why do you want to be a member of a club that allegedly treats you in this way. 

Put up or shut up !

This topic has been locked, no new replies can be added.

near Malvern Hills Club Campsite Member photo by Andrew Cole

Book a late escape

There's still availability at many popular UK Club campsites - find your perfect pitch today for a last minute trip!

Book now
Woman sitting in camping chair by Wastwater in the Lake District with her two dogs and picnic blanket

Follow us on Facebook

Follow the Caravan and Motorhome Club via our official Facebook page for latest news, holiday ideas, events, activities and special offers.

Photo of Wast Water, Lake District by Sue Peace
Visit Facebook